NEWS

Game-Type Slange (mohawk, trenchcoat, etc...)

• 17 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #15 on: <07-10-14/0122:48> »
Speaking diametrically (so to speak), 'Mirrorshades' would be ... Black Mohawk. 

Pink Mohawk: Loud, over-the-top, the first weapon drawn is the SMG.  Screw the man, rule the day, become more famous than Kane.
Pink Trenchcoat.  Loud, the first weapon drawn is the SMG, but not quite so over-the-top.  Work the job, become more famous than Kane, but be a relative pro.
Black Mohawk: Keep it quiet, even going over-the-top is going to be done with an eye towards 'all ways of naming us were wiped out'.  Work the job, screw the man, but make sure you can't be found.
Black Trenchcoat: Keep it quiet, use the subtle option, go over the top only when you can be absolutely certain anonymity is protected - or you have your backup 'disappear' plan in place.  Work the job, do what you can, but cover your ass first.

None of these guys are afraid to use grenades and explosives - it's just that the Pinks will be out front, laughing for the camera while triggering the detonator, while the Blacks will be in back.  And the Trenchcoat/Mohawk angle is more a matter of how 'against the man' the entire game is - the 'punk' section.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-10-14/1248:13> »
Yeah, I think Wyrm is right on the money with his descriptions. Though if people tell me that they are playing a Pink Mohawk I immediately back  out. Too many bad experiences. Maybe I should investigate more into HOW pink their mohawks are.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #17 on: <07-11-14/1659:09> »
I've never heard of pink trenchcoat or black mohawk until this thread, which isn't to say they didn't exist, but I was aware of the standards - PM/BT - as early as ~'95 when I first played 2E. To me, mirror-shades is equal to BT. My hunch would be that anyone who uses PT/BM is just bastardizing the separate terms from the standards.

As a side note, my group members have been known to say (IC) "I think it's time to take off our hats..." (even if they're not wearing hats) which to them means; time to let that pink mohawk show, i.e. resort to violence.