NEWS

[IC] Old Jack City

• 95 Replies

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <07-24-14/2000:34> »
As soon as Jill mentions one of the big ten Francis just manages to check himself before giving away how much he doesn’t like the sound of that. Fraggin’ corps, fraggin’ corpzombies, fraggin’ One. This could turn all sorts of bad real fast.

Francis waits for Samuel to get his response before asking his next question. "Have you already contacted the local hospitals to see if he turned up there? If not we can cover that for you, we just need the most recent pic you got of him, a physical description and his SIN. Actually, even if you’ve already checked the hospitals those are things that we could use anyway. I'm assuming that Ellis had a valid SIN during his most recent stay with you."

Monday morning deadline, not much time with this faint a trail.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #76 on: <07-25-14/1826:40> »
Francis waits for Samuel to get his response before asking his next question. "Have you already contacted the local hospitals to see if he turned up there? If not we can cover that for you, we just need the most recent pic you got of him, a physical description and his SIN. Actually, even if you’ve already checked the hospitals those are things that we could use anyway. I'm assuming that Ellis had a valid SIN during his most recent stay with you."

One pipes up before she has a chance to answer. "Word, we hit up all the local spots already and spread some jing round that way, too. If he turns up at a hospital, I'll get a call and then i guess it's just a matter of yall mugs gettin in to that spot, wiz? I'm finda' send yall each a file with all that other mess you said, physical description, pics, video, voice, whatnot. But no SIN. Burned years ago."

A few moments later, you each receive a file containing all the aforementioned info.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <07-25-14/1838:16> »
One pipes up before she has a chance to answer. "Word, we hit up all the local spots already and spread some jing round that way, too. If he turns up at a hospital, I'll get a call and then i guess it's just a matter of yall mugs gettin in to that spot, wiz? I'm finda' send yall each a file with all that other mess you said, physical description, pics, video, voice, whatnot. But no SIN. Burned years ago."

A few moments later, you each receive a file containing all the aforementioned info.

"He wasn't using a fake one while he was staying at home? Even if he's sold it off for drugs it might help to find out who he sold it to. Am I missing something here?
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <07-25-14/2000:05> »

"He wasn't using a fake one while he was staying at home? Even if he's sold it off for drugs it might help to find out who he sold it to. Am I missing something here?

"Naw, you aint missin any more than the rest of us. Maybe he did have a fake, maybe not, but if he did it wan sum he shared with us."
« Last Edit: <07-26-14/0148:11> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <07-26-14/2208:16> »
Samuel rests his chin in his hand.  "Two weeks is damn near a lifetime ago in junkie terms.  But if that's all we've got, it's what we've got.  It's enough to start turning over a few rocks.  You asked around any about the party yet, One?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #80 on: <07-27-14/2118:55> »
Slap remained quiet, though she had to nod at the mention of being brainwashed by propaganda.

I know perfectly well. You grow up thinking the corp is good and decent and kind. That it has your best interests at heart and is looking out for you every single second. Then something happens when you're a liability or just in the way and you're garbage. Called me a Slap And Dash... evil fuckers, every last one.

She shook her head. I can't let corps get him.

"I'm still in. Corp fuckers can go slot themselves if they think this shit's acceptable."

She then looks Jill in the eyes. "I will do what I can to get your son back. Even if all I can bring back are ashes from a destroyed transport. He is not going to a corp lab."

She then looked to One. "I'm glad you called me in on this. I wouldn't turn this down."

Her eyes then turned to Samuel. "Think he's with a gang? If he's still getting supplied, finding out who may lead straight to him. If we spot him, I can send in drones to spy and follow."
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <07-27-14/2240:10> »
Samuel rests his chin in his hand.  "Two weeks is damn near a lifetime ago in junkie terms.  But if that's all we've got, it's what we've got.  It's enough to start turning over a few rocks.  You asked around any about the party yet, One?"

"Naw, first I'm hearin a that."
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <08-02-14/1503:59> »
Her eyes then turned to Samuel. "Think he's with a gang? If he's still getting supplied, finding out who may lead straight to him. If we spot him, I can send in drones to spy and follow."

Standing back up, Samuel shrugs.  "Could be.  Could be he just knows some people."  He paces around for a moment before coming to a stop near the door and turning to face everyone.  "Well chums, seems we have two places to start.  Morgue and party.  Morgue we will want to check on through the weekend, not being there today means drek all.  Might be a day or two before somebody bothers to bring his body in."  Catching a glimpse of Jill's face, he mutters sorry before moving on.  "Far as the party, we start at the beginning.  Find out exactly where, what's nearby, any security cameras on the street with a view.  We find one person we know was there and we got a trail to start...sniffing at."  He instinctively balls his hands into fists and squeezes until those close enough hear a few knuckles popping.

"Didn't plan on spending my weekend knee deep in junkies but I got no better place to start.  Unless one of you has a better idea..."  He glances around at the people gathered in the room.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Nimbasa

• Chummer
  • To pray is to accept defeat
« Reply #83 on: <08-02-14/1837:54> »

Standing back up, Samuel shrugs.  "Could be.  Could be he just knows some people."  He paces around for a moment before coming to a stop near the door and turning to face everyone.  "Well chums, seems we have two places to start.  Morgue and party.  Morgue we will want to check on through the weekend, not being there today means drek all.  Might be a day or two before somebody bothers to bring his body in."  Catching a glimpse of Jill's face, he mutters sorry before moving on.  "Far as the party, we start at the beginning.  Find out exactly where, what's nearby, any security cameras on the street with a view.  We find one person we know was there and we got a trail to start...sniffing at."  He instinctively balls his hands into fists and squeezes until those close enough hear a few knuckles popping.

"Didn't plan on spending my weekend knee deep in junkies but I got no better place to start.  Unless one of you has a better idea..."  He glances around at the people gathered in the room.

Isaac broke his silence,  looking over at Samuel, Sounds solid to me boss, I'd rather start with the latter option. he looked around the room at his fellow soon-to-be compatriots and smiled.
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #84 on: <08-03-14/1000:11> »

Isaac broke his silence,  looking over at Samuel, Sounds solid to me boss, I'd rather start with the latter option. he looked around the room at his fellow soon-to-be compatriots and smiled.

Slap nodded her agreement. "Better that way. And we can use drones to interrogate if we need to." She left out her thought of, Because, really, staring down the barrel of an assault rifle attached to a combat drone should make anyone talk.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <08-03-14/1202:28> »
"One, how sure are you about your contacts at the hospitals? Can we concentrate on the party angle and trust you to handle the other one?" Francis maintains eye contact with Sam trying to gauge if he is on point again after the Nitty fiasco.

"I like where you’re at… Sambo(?), the party is our best lead. As far as interrogations go I have yet to meet the junkie who doesn’t want to talk when I ask nicely, although extra incentive never hurts." The last is said with a grin to Slappendash. Francis then straightens himself and gets ready to leave. "Well, I think we’re just about done here folks. One, is there anyplace where we can speak in relative privacy amongst ourselves? The less you two know the better."

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <08-03-14/1417:41> »
"One, how sure are you about your contacts at the hospitals? Can we concentrate on the party angle and trust you to handle the other one?" Francis maintains eye contact with Sam trying to gauge if he is on point again after the Nitty fiasco.

One seems distracted. He was hoping the meet would go quicker, and he could head back upstairs for this battle. You can see him subtly mouthing the words to rhymes he intends to use and nodding his head to the bass from upstairs, obviously not in time with the pop-yodeling playing in this room. He's eager to wrap this whole thing up and be on with his day. It's kinda disrespectful and more than a little unprofessional. On top of everything else, he seems positively giddy about how the meeting went, despite having been made to look the fool and having the crap kicked out of him.

"Yo, i paid em and told em there'd be more if I got a call. Told em there's be more than THAT if i got the call before anyone else."

"Well, I think we’re just about done here folks. One, is there anyplace where we can speak in relative privacy amongst ourselves? The less you two know the better."

They both nod in agreement before One says, "Seem like that'd be on yall buncha hardcore ass Jack City locals, right?" with his big goofy grin and what you swear is almost a wink. Jill stands up from the chair, kills the music, and addresses the group one last time. "Thank you all for doing this. Contact me with any new developments, please?" She then walks to the door, opens it slowly, and leaves, looking frail enough that the rain outside might wash her away. One moves to the still open door, leans his right hand on it and says, "So, we all good?"
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #87 on: <08-04-14/0632:34> »
Francis grits his teeth when Sam keeps trying to fluff them up as some kind of superstars, What the fuck is his game? This is getting ridiculous. He then nods to Dr. Marques as she leaves.

"Yeah, One. We’re good." Francis cocks his eyebrow to the rest of Sam’s “Prime nova runners” and then leaves, as he walks past Sam he claps him on the shoulder wishing him good luck in the nights battle but it doesn’t take great insight to figure out there is no real conviction behind his words.

When Francis gets outside he turns to the rest of the group and asks, "Any of you know of a place where we can talk, doesn’t need to be fancy. Booths with tall dividers can do wonders if people take care to keep their voices down."

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #88 on: <08-05-14/1733:56> »
Samuel follows Francis out of the room, not bothering to say anything to One.  Really hope these guys can handle their shit.  Going into Krubb turf on a Friday night asking about drug parties, what could go wrong?  Just fuckin' everything, that's all.

"Any of you know of a place where we can talk, doesn’t need to be fancy. Booths with tall dividers can do wonders if people take care to keep their voices down."[/color]

"Not really my area over here, chum.  You all have rides?  Not leaving my bike here and I damn sure can't take the three of you with me."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <08-05-14/1945:14> »
[Thursday 14. July 23:47 | Outside the Cave | North Downtown, Jacksonville]

"I’ve got wheels, got room for one more if needed. Dash, I’m assuming you’ve your own transport?"

"Hell, now that I think about it I do know bout a place where we could have a little chat, nothing that would satisfy the secret service but people tend to mind their own business and it fairly close by. Place is called The Milk Bar, it’s at [address tbd]. Any objections to just going there?"