NEWS

Sell me on skillwires

• 81 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #75 on: <07-22-14/0109:51> »
... you are a mean, cruel, nasty GM.  I like that; I like it a lot.  And I'd probably make it martial arts - since the employee will always have their body, and a handy taser/firearm is just a PO'd employee waiting to happen.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Emil_Barr

• Chummer
« Reply #76 on: <07-22-14/0736:05> »
Just because theyre now trained combatants doesnt meant theyre willing to engage in a fight. After all, they arent exactly paid for this. Youd need some sort of way to compel them into action. I suppose you could inject them all with drugs, like was said, but Id think anything that would make them sufficiently aggressive to attack people would make them just as  likely to butcher eachother as it would any intruders. Not to mention the property damage unleashed by a horde of now berserk people who were probably quite unhappy with their corp life as it was.
Maybe Im just over thinking it.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #77 on: <07-22-14/0836:51> »
Yeah, that might be better represented by persona-fix chips tbh
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Leevizer

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <07-22-14/0955:21> »
Extensive social programming ("Our corp good! Other corps bad! Shadowrunners evil! Corpsec Justice!"), and then either having something extra added along with the skillwires or the aforementioned drug dispensed. This can easily be done with a GM fiat but shouldn't be anything common, I think.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #79 on: <07-22-14/1421:40> »
Bah, don't bother directing them.  It needs to be an insane wuxia smackdown with a horde of office employees going nuts.  Though sadly enough, no nun-chuck telephones, since wired phones don't really exist in the professional workplace anymore...  Or, if you like your initial idea...  Give the decker or technomancer a chance to find out about this security measure, and have them hack it and pre-activate it!  That's one hell of a diversion, if the goal isn't in that room/part of the building. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #80 on: <07-23-14/0116:27> »
b/c sometimes you need to land a plane, and without Skillwires you don't know how.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <07-27-14/1611:41> »
Extensive social programming ("Our corp good! Other corps bad! Shadowrunners evil! Corpsec Justice!"), and then either having something extra added along with the skillwires or the aforementioned drug dispensed. This can easily be done with a GM fiat but shouldn't be anything common, I think.

Not to mention just a plain ol' five grand bonus for whoever's registered bullets are found in the intruders' bodies.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral