NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <10-07-15/2220:50> »
Clem simply said "Thanks" as she exited the premises. Once outside, she quickly sent a message to the rest of the team. [Goat-legs is heading towards the border on I5, so everyone back in the van now, we have ourselves a man-hunt.]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1171 on: <10-07-15/2320:27> »
Snow smiles up at the large bouncer and slips him a small card with her code for the 'link she uses for the Pito.  She mouths "Call me.  Got to run."  She packs up her kit and turns for the door.  Knowing that the man's eyes are on her butt, she moves as sensuously as possible.  Once out of the building, Snow quickly walks to the car and climbs in.  She sits next to Con and asks, "So how is the burn?  I have some ointment in the bag that might help.  I can apply it while we drive if you lift your shirt a bit.  After looking over some of the bouncers you left on the floor, I got to say that you can use your fists.  Now, how about that shirt?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1172 on: <10-07-15/2348:54> »
O'Connor held up the bottle of ointment he'd purchased, "Wish I'd known that before buying this. The burn's not that bad, more annoying than painful." He brushed off Snow's complement, "I was mostly dodging in ways to make them hit each other. I ain't exactly a jacked powerhouse." As if to emphasize his statement O'Connor pulled up his shirt, revealing his toned, but slim physique. He was built like a gymnast rather than a bodybuilder. The others had already seen them, and much more, but this was Snow's first viewing of the patchwork of scars that covered his body. The scares were quite varied; bullets, blades, burns (acid and fire), and even a few jagged ones that were from broken bones breaking the skin. There was also a prison tattoo across his chest in gothic lettering, C-Block Crashers, with three knife emblems beneath the lettering. He turned his back to Snow, giving her access to the burn.
« Last Edit: <10-08-15/0239:14> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1173 on: <10-08-15/0024:36> »
Snow looks with interest at the scars and tats that Con shows as he lifts his shirt.  The physician in her keeps her to task and she carefully applies the ointment.  As she finishes, she uses a finger to trace some of the scars.  "Quite the warrior, aren't you?  Perhaps you can tell me about how you got some of these some time.  I like the art, too, though I am not familiar with the style.  I do not have scars like yours, but I carry a good bit of ink."

Snow finishes with the ointment and places the cap on the bottle before handing it back to Con.  "That should do for now.  It will probably bother you for a bit, but I do not think it will discomfort you for too long."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1174 on: <10-08-15/0918:17> »
Sam hadn't moved when Clem had called to him; he'd realized that Leo was the sort to only listen to those who had earned the right to address him. Once it was clear that they were on a chase, though, he started maneuvering through the crowd and got out the door even before Clem had been dismissed.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1175 on: <10-09-15/0950:44> »
After Con takes the ointment back, Snow looks over the seat to where Clem is driving.  "Not sure what this code has done to my 'link.  My guess is that it has at least made my hacking more difficult.  I would not count on me being able to do much to affect our travel.  Be careful."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1176 on: <10-09-15/1508:16> »
South of Fun City I5 is a long isolated freeway with ocean on ether side for most of the time. There’s an occasional island nearby or car to pass, which you do, the speed limit in rural southern California is still more of a suggestion than a law.  It is also a self correcting problem you note, seeing the wreckage of a days-old accident on an outside curve. While the signs have been removed, there are still off ramps from the I5 ending in the sea. As you race down the highway at your best speed, you spot a bondogrey jackrabbit convertible near San Clamente.

Nothing looks bad at first, but then he accelerates. Something spooked him and now he’s running. It must be time turn on the chase scene music and pursue.

OOC:

They included a nice little synopsis of chase rules, so I am going to post them here.

Vehicles: Chase Combat

Vehicle chase combat involves multiple vehicles
traveling at high speeds over distance. Because of
this, Chase Combat is different than regular tactical
combat. Complete rules can be found in Vehicle
Combat, p. 167, SR4A. Some specific highlights are
included below.

• Time is measured by Chase Turns, with each
Chase Turn being one minute long. Initiative
Passes further subdivide Chase Turns.

• Engagement ranges are divided into three categories:
Close (vehicles side-by-side or similarly
close), Short (near, but not close enough to
directly engage), and Long (within sight, but at a
distance).

• At the beginning of each Chase Turn, all drivers
must make a Vehicle Test. The winner chooses
the Engagement Range for that turn.

• Drivers must spend a Complex Action each Chase
Turn controlling their vehicles (see Vehicle Test
Threshold Table, p. 168, SR4A). This action can be
used to perform a Chase Stunt (see Chase Stunts,
p. 169, SR4A).

• Passengers take actions during the Chase Turn in
normal Initiative order.

Chase Scene Modifiers

Player Characters (and NPCs) encounter a variety
of modifiers during the chase scene. These can affect
everything from their Vehicle Tests to targeting
someone with a spell. A few common modifiers (and
their table references) are listed below:

Vehicle Test Threshold Table, p. 168, SR4A
Example: Weaving through downtown LA full
speed; Threshold: Hard (3).
Terrain T est T able, p. 169, SR4A
Example: Off-roading on the mud and sand of the
shoreline; Threshold Modifier: Tight (+4).
Ranged C ombat Modifiers T able, p. 152, SR4A
Example: Attacker on a moving vehicle (–3),
Target has partial cover (–2), Target on a moving
vehicle (–3), Visibility Impaired: Full Darkness (–6).

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1177 on: <10-12-15/0433:09> »
Sammy had kept to herself, sitting in the back of the car and checking out her Pito profile.  She also checked the A-kidz to see if O'Connor and Clem were on their feed somewhere.  If so, they might be able to link it to their own feed and draw a bit on the large fan base of that group to get their own show off the ground.

"What now," Sammy asked when the car came into view, "I can get a spirit to play havoc with his systems, but that might evoke a crash, so we have to be careful.  Maybe Snow can get in his system and just shut him down, as they did to us when we were on our way to the Needle."
« Last Edit: <10-12-15/0434:41> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1178 on: <10-12-15/1018:01> »
Snow smiles, "On it."  Her body slumps on the seat of the car as she slips into Hot Sim mode.  The bikini-clad Snow Queen rises from her  limp form and rides on the top of the speeding auto like some regal surfer, sending out her small minions to bring back the information on the target vehicle.  Once she has that, she sends a stream of snowflakes out to confuse the other vehicle's computer into believing it needs to stop.

[spoiler]Matrix Initiative:Matrix Initiative: 9d6t5+9 14  14 and 3IP

Matrix Perception  Matrix Perception: 9d6t5 2  Not very good.  Use edge to reroll misses.  Edge for Matrix Perception Misses: 7d6t5 1  3 hits for perception

If three hits are enough to identify the icon use spoof to tell it to shut down.  Spoof Vehicle Computer: 10d6t5 5[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-13-15/0149:55> by Mercy Merchant »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1179 on: <10-12-15/2033:18> »
"More importantly, make sure they don't do that to US" said Clem as she downshifted and accelerated the BMW, its occupants feeling a jerk from the sudden burst of speed.
« Last Edit: <10-12-15/2357:27> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <10-13-15/0208:40> »
O'Connor awkwardly drew his machine pistol off his hip. He rolled down the window and leaned out, up to his waist. He voice mostly lost to the wind, "Time to say hello."
« Last Edit: <10-13-15/2335:09> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1181 on: <10-14-15/0813:49> »
Sammy was sitting in the back of the car, so there was not much she could do.  One thing was to summon a spirit to force the other car of the road.  She shifted her perception to the astral and projected her consciousness to the metaplanes to summon a spirit here.  But the only thing she got was a headache.  Well, time to try again, she thought.  But the second time didn't go any better, except that the headache became more pronounced.
"The spirits don't feel like responding today," she said after she shifted back to the material plane, "I might be better off just throwing a couple of fireballs.  Or maybe another illusion."

[spoiler]
I'll do both my actions for this round together (I have 2 IP)

force 5 air spirit
magic 5 + summoning 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=3)

spirit resistance
spirit resistance 5 (5d6.hits(5)=3)

drain 6
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=4)
2S

force 5 air spirit
magic 5 + summoning 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)

spirit resistance
spirit resistance 5 (5d6.hits(5)=3)

drain 6
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=5)
1S

3 stun and still no spirit.  The dice gods don't like me today.  I'll try again next turn.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <10-14-15/1839:39> »
Gripping the steering wheel with both hands, Clem tried to steer the car she was driving in a way to maximize traction and to minimize swerving

[spoiler] I'll put 2 rolls for my 2 next passes as these actions don't make for any entertaining writing.

Manoeuvre ~ Reaction 7 + Pilot Ground Craft 1 + Handling 2 (10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=1) glitch on the second one, so I will spend an edge to cancel it out.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1183 on: <10-16-15/1155:19> »
Sam was enjoying the thrill of the chase. Following Con's example, he pulled the Roomsweeper out of its holster.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <10-18-15/1924:40> »
Bacchus was still a few ways away from the pursuing team, but since they had started their high-pursuit chase, Clem had managed to close the gap between them somewhat. What had started as a blurred vision in the distance was now becoming a discernible vehicle in front of them. Still out of reach, Clem was encouraging herself by the progress, her resolve growing as she was slaloming to avoid the debris that sprinkled all over the road.

[spoiler] I'll put Clem's 2 other initiative passes here as well: Manoeuvre tests round 2 ~ Reaction 7 + Pilot Ground Craft 1 + Handling 2: 2#10d6t5 5 3 And for the second round in a row, I will spend an edge to cancel the glitch :([/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix