NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #600 on: <02-26-15/1544:18> »
Sam was clearly relieved, but gave an inadvertent squeak at the term "gang". He was clearly torn between his desire to find his "satyr" and a natural desire to avoid getting involved in a gang. He blinked a few times, then took a long drink from his new glass to steady himself. "Um, ok, sure...I mean, it's safe, right? They're not going to...you know...um..." he stammered.

Inwardly, of course, he was smiling. I love this job, he thought to himself. Now, let's see if the bartender throws me a rope for clearly having bit off more than I can chew, or just throws me to the wolves. Either way, I win.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #601 on: <02-26-15/1707:31> »
The bartender refills your glasses, "Don't worry about it man, these are bored rich kids acting tough, looking for a rush.  Burglars and hijackers, the lot of 'em, nobody to worry about.  The kid in the flop? His pops owns the whole street.  Give it a year or two they'll all be back on Arcology Mile." the bartender breaks off to fill a few orders, then returns.  "Did I tell you?  They got a Pito show!"  He rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I can call if you want, like I said I dunno if goat-boy still runs with them or not."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #602 on: <02-26-15/2012:20> »
Clementine couldn't believe what she was hearing. "I thought you had to know how to close your mouth if you opened your legs for a living" thought the ork as she was listening to Snow and Sammy talk. Before anything went further, she just cut the conversation short and said to Sammy "How about you have a look at the upstairs, see if anyone's there?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #603 on: <02-27-15/0150:46> »
Snow shrugs and mouths a big "Oooops" at Sammy.  She goes back to examining the security feed from the past but is also rolling the feed from right now to keep an eye on Sam and the people around him.  She wants to be able to warn him and the others if something does not look right.  She takes a second to double check that the encryption software is up and running as well, after all, it would not pay to have others hear their internal chats.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #604 on: <02-27-15/0741:28> »
"Will do," Sammy said, slipping out of her body again and having a look upstairs of the bar, checking out the astral auras she might find there.

I've done 3 rolls, as I would like to assense everybody who's present.  If you need more, let me know and I'll add some.
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2) no glitches.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #605 on: <02-27-15/0918:46> »
You only find 2 people on the second floor, both are in the rear most of the three small apartments that run along the second floor.

Taking the first two rolls you made:

The first subject is under the effects of some kind of recreational drug, he is relaxed, but not quite unconscious, He has a some headware and hand razors.  Complete mundane human who you are unfamiliar with.  The second is like the first, only you can't tell for sure if he is drugged, just relaxed and you can't quite find his cyberware in his aura, otherwise the same result.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #606 on: <02-27-15/1045:58> »
The bartender refills your glasses, "Don't worry about it man, these are bored rich kids acting tough, looking for a rush.  Burglars and hijackers, the lot of 'em, nobody to worry about.  The kid in the flop? His pops owns the whole street.  Give it a year or two they'll all be back on Arcology Mile." the bartender breaks off to fill a few orders, then returns.  "Did I tell you?  They got a Pito show!"  He rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I can call if you want, like I said I dunno if goat-boy still runs with them or not."

Taking another drink, Sam was clearly feeling more relaxed, either from the alcohol, the bartender's reassurances, or both. "Oh, they're on Pito? That's great, means they have experience being on screen. Less training for us to worry about, then. Yes, please call them--if I don't get back to the studio with their damn satyr, I'm fragged."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #607 on: <02-28-15/0424:01> »
'There are indeed two people on the second floor,' Sammy texted to the whole team when she was back in her own body, 'one was completely drugged out of his mind and while I couldn't be sure about the second, I think he's gone the same way.'
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #608 on: <02-28-15/2115:23> »
Snow scans through the video feeds to see if there is a camera in the upstairs hall and bedrooms.  "If there are drugs or prostitution here they might have cameras everywhere.  The real slimes will have cameras in the rooms for blackmail.  I have helped set up clients that way.  I am also trying to scan to see if Bacchus was in the bar recently and with whom."

She also branches out a bit from inside the bar, looking for the nodes of security cameras on other building on the street in the area. 
« Last Edit: <02-28-15/2255:37> by Mercy Merchant »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #609 on: <03-02-15/0901:47> »
The bartender comes back from making the call and freshens your drink and his.  "Got the machine, but I know Jim and Eddie are up there, you want I should send someone to wake them up?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #610 on: <03-02-15/1004:29> »
Snow sends a note to the team from her 'link.  <This bar does not seem to have more than one security camera and that is in the bar itself.  So I have no footage of the outside or upstairs. I do have eyes on Sam and will continue monitoring that as well as review what old footage I can get to.>  She goes back to focusing on the current footage while glancing at old stuff to see if Bacchus has been here recently.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #611 on: <03-02-15/1856:17> »
<Can you pull up the schematics for the building, Snow? I want to know if there's a back exit or any other way to get in or out besides the front door> asked Clem over the team channel.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #612 on: <03-02-15/2358:20> »
Snow nods, even though she knows Clem cannot see it.  <Let me try.>  She tries to nudge into the city platting board's public files on construction and older properties.  From there she tries to get to a section where she can look up old blueprints on this and other buildings in the area, including the no-tell motel.  She also tries to hook into the security cameras for the motel just on the chance that something interesting comes up.  After sending the commands and waiting to see what comes up she runs another diagnostic scan on the team network and checks the encryption file again.  *No surprises this time, Snow.*

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #613 on: <03-03-15/0320:01> »
She is able to easily find the files, probably due to how many buildings have been lost, old construction is not considered to be high priority for security.  The apartments over the club don't hold anything in the way of surprises. Three identical efficiency apartments on a hallway running the length of the building on one side.

Searching for the node of the motel will take some more time, but the plans are equally uninspired.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #614 on: <03-03-15/1012:39> »
Snow is happy to have got to the plans so quickly.  <Team.  Snow. I am looking at the blueprints of the bar.  There are three efficiency apartments on the second floor on one narrow hallway.  If there is a back entrance it is not clearly marked, although there is a space that could have had a door put in after the plans were filed.  It would certainly lead to a small alley in the back.  Attaching plans.  I hope it helps.>  <<send attachment - floor plans>>

She goes back to keeping tabs on Sam inside the bar and running the security footage through her analysis software, looking for Bacchus or anything that stood out as odd.  She is happy when the encryption scan pings her to let her know that it is still functioning.  Her diagnostic scan also lets her know that no one has tried to hack into her node yet.