Player Made Gear

• 29 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #15 on: <04-21-14/1631:08> »
Claymore Heavy Armor.

Take Milspec armor.

Add 12 claymore mines. 4 front, 4 back, 2 on each side (hip, shoulder).

Throw on the Physical adept, have him charge that SWAT team.....

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #16 on: <04-21-14/1751:51> »
Someone in a PbP that failed to really go anywhere built a gasmask or respirator with modified canisters that, in addition to their regular use, had doses of inhalation vector drugs installed. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Here's the thread/idea in question. He rolls to make it sometime later. Pretty neat! http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12086.msg223178#msg223178
« Last Edit: <04-21-14/1803:10> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Emperors Grace

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <04-21-14/1759:34> »
Insane weaponry that will get the entire state after you:
Monofilament Spin Grenade.
    The grenade spins and releases the monofilament. whip in an uncaring whirlpool of destruction.
Or that the corp uses against you.  I had a facility with a hallway akin to this once in 1st or 2nd.  Monowire "fan blades" up from floor in a random pattern if you tripped the system.  After you crossed that, two pop up turrets made you want to run back through. 

martinchaen

« Reply #18 on: <04-21-14/1859:45> »
JackVII
That was actually a thing in SR4.

Quote from: Arsenal p80
Inhaler: Drugs that must be smoked or inhaled typically do long-lasting damage to the respiratory system. Inhalers bypass this risk by injecting a concentrated mist of the pharmaceutical directly into the user’s lungs. Inhalers were picked up commercially as a “safe” medium, first for prescription drugs and then for tobacco, marijuana, and recreational drugs. Inhalers may be incorporated into respirators at no cost, and many drug users choose this option.

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <04-21-14/1933:42> »
    The grenade spins and releases the monofilament. whip in an uncaring whirlpool of destruction.
Or that the corp uses against you.  I had a facility with a hallway akin to this once in 1st or 2nd.  Monowire "fan blades" up from floor in a random pattern if you tripped the system.  After you crossed that, two pop up turrets made you want to run back through.

I planned out an alchemical version of this, kind of.  A smooth 5 pound weight as the lynchpin for a poltergeist preparation, a 1 pound weight, and a monofilament wire connecting them.  Poltergeist can only pick up things under about 2 pounds, so the base stays (mostly) stationary while the smaller weight gets whipped around.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #20 on: <04-23-14/0104:49> »
I made a few vehicles to patch the holes I saw in that section of the 5E core book. Two, in fact.

1: GMC Corvette 2074: 95,000 nuyen (Handle: 5/3, Speed: 7, Acceleration: 3, Body: 9, Armor: 6, Pilot: 3, Sensor: 4, Seats: 2, Availability: 11)
Sleek, fast sports car based on the car built roughly 80 years prior, it is popular with corporate wageslaves who hit a midlife crisis, and street racers. Also popular with runners who need serious speed on something of a budget.
Alt: Saeder-Krupp Bentley Blitzkrieg, Ford Mustang 2071

2: Evo Hittite: 31,000 nuyen (Handle: 4/4, Speed: 4, Acceleration: 2, Body: 12, Armor: 12, Pilot: 1, Sensor: 3, Seats: 7, Availability: -)
Note: Fold down backseat to increase storage space, but lose 3 seats.
The most popular SUV on the market. Even though nearly every adult works (well, SINners, chummer) the concept of the "soccer mom" (or dad) has yet to die out. It's also good for carpooling! And getaways, omae!

They probably aren't all that appealing, but I felt like it.

shadowwoelf

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <04-23-14/2241:40> »
Magnetic Mine (I prefer to think of it as a flat grenade)
-Throw it at the mech that is chasing you down, and hope that you're not wearing metal. Also useful for tanks.

Vidnaut

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <04-24-14/1647:28> »

Monofilament Grenade Trap.
    Throw this in a room. The grenade shoots barbed Monofilament strands into the room. Great for preventing security from following you.

Quote from: SR4 War, pg. 157
Monofilament Grenade: This grenade is similar to a fragmentation grenade. Rather that a fragmenting shell, however, it is built with hundreds of meters of monofilament wound around the exploding core, lashing out in several pieces and all directions on detonation. Damage from a mono lament grenade is resisted with Impact armor. (8P, AP -4, -3/m)

shadowwoelf

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <04-24-14/1702:07> »

Throw this in a room. The grenade shoots barbed Monofilament strands into the room. Great for preventing security from following you.

Quote from: SR4 War, pg. 157
Monofilament Grenade: This grenade is similar to a fragmentation grenade. Rather that a fragmenting shell, however, it is built with hundreds of meters of monofilament wound around the exploding core, lashing out in several pieces and all directions on detonation. Damage from a mono lament grenade is resisted with Impact armor. (8P, AP -4, -3/m)

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the link. I haven't read all the SR4 books so some of these may already exist.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <04-25-14/0148:09> »
I've had ideas for some unique bioware. With sincere apologies to anybody who knows dick-all about biology, anatomy, and science in general.

Cross-Dominance Booster
Cultured grey matter growths implanted along your corpus callosum allow you increased fine motor control with your non-dominate hand. After a short "re-training" period, you enjoy cross-dominance with both hands in what is commonly called "ambidexterity." You gan the Ambidextrous Positive Quality.
Suggested Essence Cost: .2 Essence
Suggested Nuyen Cost: 10,000 nuyen

Adaptive Perspiration
A combination of light brain-altering bioware and synthetic, vat-grown eccrine glands grants you both an improved perspiration system and conscious control of your sweat glands. You are capable of producing more sweat than the average person of your metatype, and can begin or halt its flow at will. Excessive perspiration grants you a +1 bonus to Escape Artist checks, helping you to slide through restraints or tight spots. Being able to instantly dry your flop-sweat also grants you a +1 Social Limit.
Unfortunately, your enhanced sweat glands require a lot of water, giving you a -1 penalty to Survival tests involving the conservation of water or dealing with extreme heat.
Suggested Essence Cost: .1 Essence
Suggested Nuyen Cost: 10,000 nuyen

Anti-Lactic Enzymes
Special subdermal synthetic glands secrete an enzyme that helps your muscles recover more quickly from extertion. You gain +1 to your Physical Limit to all tests made in the Athletics skillgroup. When you do over-extend yourself, these special enzymes can help you bounce back quicker. You gain a +2 bonus to healing checks to recover from Fatigue damage.
Suggested Essence Cost: .1 Essence
Suggested Nuyen Cost: 6,000 nuyen
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <04-25-14/0202:11> »

I planned out an alchemical version of this, kind of.  A smooth 5 pound weight as the lynchpin for a poltergeist preparation, a 1 pound weight, and a monofilament wire connecting them.  Poltergeist can only pick up things under about 2 pounds, so the base stays (mostly) stationary while the smaller weight gets whipped around.
Regarding the alchemical version in particular: holy crap that is wonderfully evil. Stealing it.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #26 on: <04-25-14/0242:03> »
I've had ideas for some unique bioware. With sincere apologies to anybody who knows dick-all about biology, anatomy, and science in general.

These are good.  I like.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <04-25-14/0839:24> »
The Anti-Lactic enzymes look undercosted to me, but I like the idea behind it.  The others look fun as well.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Demon_Bob

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <04-25-14/2003:19> »

So what gear have you imagined?

For some reason I imagined HMHVV Infection Power alchemical grenades.

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <04-25-14/2037:39> »
Regarding the alchemical version in particular: holy crap that is wonderfully evil. Stealing it.

Feel free.  But the really evil one is the glass jar full of razors with a poltergeist prep in one...
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral