NEWS

Violent Life - Weekly ShadowBlog

• 17 Replies

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« on: <01-31-14/2054:13> »
Vendetta Violent is a shaman, shadowrunner and rockstar living in the Seattle Metroplex. Vendetta is lead vocals of the synthcore shadowband 'Riot Blue' and her own solo endeavor 'Mana Burns'. This weekly shadowblog is simple fan tribute to a growing fanbase and will give insight into the life and trials of living in the shadows and keeping an underground musical career going.

((OOC note: I put one of these out every week for my gaming group and thought I'd share. It's a bit of flavour and fluff that I try to keep relevant as something different then just the usual 'this is what happened in my life' by doing it blog style and keeping to a topic. I hope someone likes 'em and maybe gets inspired to do their own! Feel free to chime in with Shadowland style comments if you'd like.))

Violent Life is now on Tumblr!:  http://vendettaviolent.tumblr.com/

ARCHIVES:

Violent Life 1: Culture Clash, Nightlife and Living Nova Hot
by: Vendetta Violent

Hollywood is infectious, probably in more ways then one. Looking forward to getting back to the Seattle shadows. Until then, I've decided that in keeping with the LA spirit of airing out all your dirty laundry to the public eye I'm going to kick out this shadow-blog and see if it sticks.

So who am I? I'm Vendetta. I'm the almost-was rock-star that heads up vocals for Riot Blue. If your ears are to the ground, you've heard our stuff. If they ain't, you've heard our name on the news in relation to the late Taylor Hardline. If your heads up your hoop you might even think that we did it. I'm not here to get into it. I've never had to justify myself to anybody before and I'll be damned if I start now.

LA is different, you know? I remember the feeling when Riot Blue started really gaining momentum. We walked into our first real studio session and Tusk was finishing up. I looked at the walls and there were platinum records hanging on them. Hardline, Concrete Dreams and Mercurial. But it was what was behind the records. The faux weathered brick wall and fake graffiti. The suits were trying hard not to look like suits and the whole place felt like fraggin' uncanny valley. If it weren't for my blinding desire to 'make it' I'd of walked right out of there at that point. But I didn't. We sold ourselves that day, if only just a bit. That's the biz though, you do what you've got to do. We're all whores anyway. That's just perspective for you... LA is like that studio. The whole place is like that fraggin' studio. Clean and fake.

Ear to the ground, folks. Person: 2.1. Watch yourself and burn your coms if this thing gets in. They got you hooked on this thing and now that you think you need it they're going to nurse maid you. This thing tells you what to do and who to frag. I couldn't be more out. You want that smoke? You want a sniff of your favorite designer drug? You like something not on Horizons corporate agenda? Sorry, chum but you don't like any of that anymore. You can't even SEE any of that anymore if you've got cybereyes.

So now on to Nightlife. Got into the End of the World club in LA on business. Fancy place, ultra exclusive. Those who follow the whose who on the trid know that the club is the nesting ground for celebrities. If you're aiming to misbehave and you've got some stars under your name this is the place that you do it. Glitched thing is that the place is reeled so tight that nobody there seems to remember how to live or how to have a good time. Maybe I rubbed shoulders a little roughly but it was all in good fun and truth be told I had a good time enough there. Food was real wiz. Also, drek happens when you party naked, Blue Eyes. All of you can fill in the dead space on that one, needless to say our fame is going to need to outweigh our behavior if we ever hope to get back in that club.

Working on new material. Hoping that once we get back to Seattle we can put out our first full record out on the sly. That's right, we're releasing our dub on the underground ONLY. Riot Blue won't ever be on the corporate slitch-list again.

Personal Note: Went back to blonde. At first it was me trying to change things up because we have mercs on heel who are looking to plug us for our 'involvement' in the Hardline situation. Growing into it. It's my natural color anyway, nearly forgot how it looks. Went the extra mile here in LA and got it dreaded. I'm thinking next comes a designer tattoo or two. Any advise on where a girl can get some good ink in LA? Leave your comments below.

Tags: #Shadowlands, #RiotBlue, #StickinItToTheMan, #LilithIsMyPintSizedBombshell, @Pinkman, @Gatsby

----------------

Violent Life 2: Riot Blue, Solo Project and The Shadows
By: Vendetta Violent

I'm going to make this short and sweet. Hit you hard then slot and run. First thing I want to say is thank you. Whether you're a new fan or an old one... the fact that you're here and reading my drek means the world to me. I'm going to keep it up too.

The new album is nearly done. We've been working hard on it and have some studio time coming up real soon that should finish things up. I'm not going to get into it but believe you me, chum. We need it... and badly. We need something that isn't about gunshots and bandages so lets get some PVC and some stomp back into this violent life, yeah?

I've been thinking about music more though, lately. I'm not leaving Riot Blue and after this album comes out I promise we're going to support it while getting to work right away on something new. I'm going to share something with you all though. I... went through something recently. Something very personal and it's changed my perspective on a few things. The only way I know how to say what I have to say is through music but the things I have to say aren't Riot Blues language. Keep your ears to the ground, kids. Going to call it 'Mana Burns'.

Word to the wise if you'd allow me a moment for a PSA. The shadows are getting darker right now. So damned midnight pitch that you can't even see your own hands in front of your face. If you think that the Apollo space station was an accident think again. A lot of people died for no good reason and I'm not going to be the one who blows the top off it but it WILL fraggin' come out. I know you're reading this... and I know you don't understand fear. But I hope you will before the end... and there is always an end. For all of us.

In response to my last blog! Thanks for the advise on tattoo parlors in LA. Turns out things got a bit hectic over there towards the end of our trip. Drek... that's an understatement but it's sensitive enough that even I ain't going to say much more on it. Fortunately or unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I inherited some... interesting tattoos. Mana burns, boys and girls. Mana burns hot.

Also. Pandora. We need to get some drinks... and maybe one of those illegal sandwiches. I'll come back to LA for a weekend for that. Your people will never know. Just tell them a wizard did it.

Tags: #Shadowlands, #RiotBlue, #VendettaViolent, #ManaBurns, @Gatsby, @Pandora, @Pinkman
« Last Edit: <07-25-14/2127:01> by Vendetta Violent »

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #1 on: <01-31-14/2055:42> »
Violent Life 3: Jander 'n Slot
By Vendetta Violent

This is a disclaimer to anyone who thinks craving a bit of normalcy in your life makes you less of a diamond back, you might want to stop reading and check yourself. You're only a burn out walkin' his flesh around before he sizzles up.

So I'm going to say it... the other day I wondered what things would be like if life had landed on the right foot for me. I'm talking the whole package. The wholesome trid life. Where I can be a housewife and smile, wait for a husband or wife to get home. Get dinner on the table with REAL scented candles, laugh at jokes about their day that aren't funny and frag their brains out infront of a fireplace.

So get this. I come home and try to teach myself how to cook. Did it too. I don't have nobody but the band and my kid brother so I cook for him. I sit across from him and have a normal dinner all the while thinking that the shoe is gonna drop at any minute. I just...wait for something to get fragged up and for the drek to hit the fan. And... it didn't. We had a dinner and it was good... really nice, you know? I finished up and I washed the dishes in hot water and thought about how far I am away from the tenement in Pullayup. Then I think about how what just happened would probably never happen again. About how I just ain't built for normal. I'm built to scream and rage.

But it was nice.

I guess there's a point to it though. I'm sitting here writing this in the worlds worst safehouse (nestled in the armpit of Redmond) waiting for my team to finish licking their wounds. It gets real lonely in the shadows. Some of us don't think about it, some of us do our best not to. I ain't even been here for long. Sure I've lived in the shadows pretty much my entire life but I've only just started running them. We're the flame that burns out bright and fast. Jander and slot, chums. We're all game face and not much more then that. We're feral cats and mangy hounds. Go ahead and put us in a nice warm home and we're just going to shift uncomfortably until we can't help but shred the drapery.

All these thoughts are why I need to not be on Psyche when I have nothin' to do but watch the roaches climb the walls.

One last bit. For those who saw us at Club Penumbra the other day. If you thought we were going to blow the top off that place and were disappointed make sure you stop by and thank the clubs misinformed DJ. I'm not going to stand there and be called a killer by nobody. Taylor was going to give us a shot at the big time and though the shadows had other plans I'll always be eternally grateful. I know you guys get it and I damn well hope you shared the sentiment. If you were there and want me to personally make it up to you, leave a private message with the only words I spoke into that microphone before letting the thing crash to the ground that night.

Tags: #ShadowSea, #RiotBlue, #VendettaViolent, #ManaBurns, @djDENIED
« Last Edit: <01-31-14/2109:26> by Vendetta Violent »

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-14/1241:04> »
Violent Life 4: Opportunity, Return & Doubt

The shadows have a way of changing you, I'll tell you that from the inside. You had these ideas on how you'd use them but in the end you're a whore. You pimp yourself and slot into someones agenda. You get used. After enough of it you become professional and cold, a tool for a task. As I get better at this, as I learn how to get these jobs done effectively I look forward and I see myself in ten years (that is if I'm still alive). I wonder if the pro shadowrunner will remember the girl who was on stage, singing her glitched up soul out for consumption. I wonder if I'd recognize myself in the mirror.

Yesterday that changed. Everything... changed. Spun me on my heels and rocked me to my foundations (not that they weren't quaked to begin with). I think I can thank all of you for it. Those who stuck with us in the underground. Who loved our dub and bled Riot Blue. We've been picked up and signed, back out of the underground and into the spotlight again. This time because we want to rather then feeling that we 'have' to make it. Opportunity is our bitch, now.

So should I blow the whistle on it? Tell you whats going on? At this point I doubt many know the deal but I'll be fragged if I ask for 'permission' to speak my mind. Rhonabwy and his label is going on. We're going to Wales to record the new Riot Blue album. Want to know whats better? Decided just now that I'm hosting a competition to select one fan to come with us. You'll fly with us to Wales and live like a rockstar for a week before we ship your hoop back to the UCAS. Think you got what it takes, chum? We're looking for some good old school viral promotion. Promote Riot Blue and our new album 'Silver Sanity' in Downtown Seattle in a way that wows us and submit it to this blog and you'll be on a plane.

This brings me to one last entry and it's a personal one. Rhonabwy. Did some looking into him. He's a patron of the arts, probably one of the biggest in the sixth world. We couldn't be more fortunate then to work with the dragon as our producer for the new album. But... Look. When he woke up, he killed alot of people. Count comes in at around 150. He was confused, woken suddenly out of hibernation... had no idea really the repercussions of his actions. A beast of another world unleashed into ours. Do you think that it'd be hypocritical if you... for example took another similar situation and put it up next to Rhonabwy and excused one while condemning the other... on nothing more then gut instinct. This kind of morality is confusing when you dig to the bottom of it and its' been rolling around in my head ever since we took this contract. Is it time that's forgiven Rhonabwy or his deeds from that day on? What if nobody had ever given him a chance to change? Would Riot Blue be making music with him? Why am I cool to bury this past without a second thought?

Frag it. Thoughts for another day. Rockstar wins over Philosopher. Time to numb it.

Tags: #RiotBlue, #VendettaViolent, #ManaBurns, #Contest, @Rhonabwy, @Gatsby

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #3 on: <02-22-14/1639:40> »
OOC: Not sure if anyone has been reading this at all but sorry for the lapse. Vendetta has actually been running inside the Arcology for the last couple weeks and hasn't been able to do a whole lot else. There were some bug spirits that got into the place and she got involved with weeding them out before it got out of control and some wise corp had to arrange a purge of any portion of the place (We're still running 4th edition 2072, officially. I look forward to updating to the 5th edition timeline over the next year or so though...)

You know how it is! Just fighting hidden wars and putting out music! All in a days work.

Also just realized I hadn't posted entry #5 so I just fixed that!
« Last Edit: <02-22-14/2145:17> by Vendetta Violent »

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #4 on: <02-22-14/2143:54> »
Violent Life 5: Dead-drop

If you're reading this right now then know that it's an automated posting and I'm up to my chin in some of the deepest drek I've ever been in. I hope to talk to you all again very soon. In the meantime I want to talk about a few things. I want to talk to you straight on the level, edge of the proverbial razor about what my music means to me and why I run the shadows.

Have you ever thought to yourself that there is something wrong. I mean we all know that the world is fragged and that our lives are directed for us if we're lucky enough to have someone actually care about our lives while the rest of us are left to rot and scrape. Omae, that's enough to rage in and of itself, I can slot that. No, what I'm talking about is deeper then the sixth world. Who controls the controllers? Why? Why do we long for order? Why do we king the kings? Give them power?

I'm up on my magical theory. Signs about where things are going. We 'know' that there are bigger things out there, forces that are beyond our comprehension and way above us. We're so.. fragile. Ever wonder why we're afraid of snakes? You can overcome it by willing yourself not to be afraid of them but on a primal level we're ALL afraid of them. It's in us, some forgotten dark that embedded itself inside humanity in a previous world and hasn't let go. I believe this is the reason why we desire to be controlled on a universal level. We want to be protected and 'ready' to deal with a power that we know is out there and that we cannot deal with. But just like that snake thing... the men we king are afraid of it as well and no better suited to deal with that fear then we are. In the meanwhile we lose that will to even decide if we're going to be afraid of that snake or not. We're just waiting for someone to deal with it for us. Trick is that they're not ever going to deal with it for us. They're just going to fight their own wars.

Feel it. Stop for a minute in this busy world and feel it. You're probably numb but I need you to breathe. There is an invisible plan at work and you need to be aware of it and YOU need to do something about it. Be your own king in whatever way you can. For me? I raised my voice to it. I screamed. I woke up in a god damned gutter, I remember it was raining... Pouring, actually. My kid brother was sleeping, covered only by a blanket with more holes in it then our system. I was really skinny, I hadn't ate a thing in days. The night before I'd been selling what was left of some drugs that I'd stolen for some food and I was beaten up and nearly raped. On my way back to our squat I just... watched people. The happy and the miserable. Living in this world and just existing. I looked up and I cried, not being able to find words for what I'd been feeling. We weren't useful to whoever thought they had it more figured out then we did, thought they were less afraid of snakes then I was. I Went to bed that night and woke up in the morning and just... just screamed. Screamed until my voice broke and my brother was huddled against a dumpster after not being able to get me to stop.

I haven't stopped. I'll never stop. Burn it all down, people. Save yourselves.

Tags: #ViolentLife, #SilverSanity, #RiotBlue, #ManaBurns, #Underneath, #OutShadowrunning, #Lies

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #5 on: <02-22-14/2144:29> »
Violent Life 6: The lights are back on!

I'm alive and I feel it. More now then maybe ever on the wings of a private jet heading back on a beeline for Seattle. Rough one, folks. There were some close calls and for a moment I didn't think I'd make it out of there. For a moment I almost could have given up. If there's a god, kids, then remind me to thank him for giving me that stubborn streak. And magic. Definitely magic.

Strap yourself in for my most all over the place blog EVER.

Not a lot to post about until I hit home soil. Can't talk about the job though I know you understand. That's shadow business. I assure you that we didn't make any friends this week though. I tell you what though, when I get back home this is my list of things to do.

Step 1: Peel these cloths off and burn 'em.
Step 2: I'm going to spend the next three years of my life in the shower scrubbing off every inch of drek that feels like it's become a second skin.
Step 3: Get some hands on me. I'm talking about the kind that you pay to work out every inch of aching, rebelling muscle. This girl needs some pampering that only vast sums of money can buy you. Also need some Sushi.

Then I'm going to get my hoop into the studio and pound out a track or two. Maybe punch out an instrumental dub even. What do you think of some old turn of the century drum and bass? Bringing it back OLD school.

So how has Seattle been? Lit the city up yet, chum? I want to get on the matrix when I get back and see some anarchy in relation to that contest I put out last week. Hope you painted the city with our name. This is an expiring offer that ends pretty much whenever we say it does. Lets see if you bleed Riot Blue!

God it's good to be back. I'd fraggin' kill to do some shopping right now. I look like a Janitor who's crawled through hells trenches. Need to spend some hard earned nuyen. That and shoot a video... for the new track. I've got just the idea of who I want in it, too. Time to make some calls to an old friend.

We did it, Randy.

#RiotBlue, #VendettaViolent, #SilverSanity, #inspiration, #alive, #bloodisnotSexy, @Fermin, @Randy5
« Last Edit: <07-14-14/2058:57> by Vendetta Violent »

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <02-26-14/0529:06> »
Hi Vendetta,

I just wanted to let you know I have been following your "blogs" and quite enjoying the reading of them.  I am looking forward to future blogs from your character's perspective.

I hope you don't mind me answering your query publicly instead of privately.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #7 on: <03-19-14/2337:43> »
Hi Vendetta,

I just wanted to let you know I have been following your "blogs" and quite enjoying the reading of them.  I am looking forward to future blogs from your character's perspective.

I hope you don't mind me answering your query publicly instead of privately.

Late reply but I certainly don't mind and appreciate the compliment!

Sorry for the delay, folks. Unfortunately our game came to a rather premature end. Vendetta will be back however with the occasional blog as I pick up the GM duties again in a few weeks and plan to throw out a blog or two here and there to keep in character and keep the spice flowin'.

In the meantime, I commissioned a new art piece that should be done near the end of April from the very talented http://eddy-shinjuku.deviantart.com/ . I always love introducing Shadowrun to artists and spreading the word about the Shadowrun universe and subsequently getting people really interested in what we do. I try to commission at least one piece of art a year as long as I'm financially able and this one should be a good one!

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #8 on: <05-23-14/1148:51> »

Sorry for the delay, folks. Unfortunately our game came to a rather premature end. Vendetta will be back however with the occasional blog as I pick up the GM duties again in a few weeks and plan to throw out a blog or two here and there to keep in character and keep the spice flowin'.

In the meantime, I commissioned a new art piece that should be done near the end of April from the very talented http://eddy-shinjuku.deviantart.com/ . I always love introducing Shadowrun to artists and spreading the word about the Shadowrun universe and subsequently getting people really interested in what we do. I try to commission at least one piece of art a year as long as I'm financially able and this one should be a good one!

What's the name of the piece you had done?  Can't find any Shadowrun based pics on his dA profile.

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #9 on: <05-25-14/2305:02> »
He actually got a little behind on his commissions and end of April seems to be turning to end of May/Early June. Should be amazing though and I'm very exited for it. I'll post it for sure once it's completed!

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #10 on: <07-14-14/2100:59> »

What's the name of the piece you had done?  Can't find any Shadowrun based pics on his dA profile.

Just as a heads up, made a new thread regarding the commissioned piece. Turned out amazingly, HD pieces are even so much better. http://www.deviantart.com/art/SHADOWRUN-Vendetta-Violent-467968509

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #11 on: <07-14-14/2102:05> »
Also, news for the blog. I'm hoping to start a new little project coming soon. It'll be off site but will feature some stories and such as well as blogs from Vendetta. Should be fun!

Vendetta Violent

• Newb
  • Shaman & Rockstar
« Reply #12 on: <07-25-14/2129:02> »
Violent Life 7 - Now on Tumblr - http://vendettaviolent.tumblr.com/

We're back, chummers.

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #13 on: <07-27-14/1420:01> »
I gotta say, VV, you really did a great job writing up the piece about the gravesite visit...made me proud to have asked for the favor.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <07-27-14/2149:45> »
After reading that I am definitely looking forward to more.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team