NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings Post Mortem

• 129 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« on: <11-20-13/1832:58> »
These runners have been through the ringer, several have simply holed up to heal up, but there are some after a drink and a good night's/day's sleep who hit the ground running, pun intended.

Sammy gets herself dropped off at the hospital after she has divested herself of any items that might make for uncomfortable questions.  While there, which is typical for a starlet, she starts working her comms, calling Fionn among others.

Clementine having not really been injured much is able to immediately turn her mind to a new shotgun, she contacts her new friend Torley and arranges to meet and to then introduce him to her weapons guy.

Johnny takes Matty to meet his fixer, and O'Connor crawls back under his rock, or at least that is what the others think :)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-21-13/0345:46> »
Sammy was sitting in her bed in the main Docwagon facility in Seattle.  She had been checked out by modern medicine but also by one of the magically active healers in this facility.  The verdict was some internal organ damage, but nothing that couldn't be helped with some medication and a couple of days of rest.  While the magical healers probably knew how it came, they had accepted her story about something gone bad during some stunt work on a project that had to remain secret.  While this would lead to some speculation on certain MoSoSos, she could fall back on time-honored replies to keep inquisitive people off her back.  But for now she had to get some business done.  First of all she called James Dermott, a talismonger she knew in Seattle.  Since it was during business hours, she was fairly sure he would be there.

"Hey, James," she said when the connection had been made.
"Hey Sammy," came the reply, "where are you now?"
"I'm back in Seattle, currently in the Docwagon hospital," she said, "nothing serious, just some overcasts.  You know how it goes, right?  Say, I would like to initiate.  Do you know a group that can help me with that?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-21-13/0500:53> »
After disbanding, Clem had taken the other runners' link codes in case something else happened. Prevention was worth its weight in gold on the streets, and then some. The next day, the extra nuyen was burning a hole in her pocket. Knowing he was good with people, she decided to contact Torley for some help tracking what she wanted. She had a very specific item in mind: a new, customized SPAS-22. Ever since laying her eyes on the one in O'Conner's friend's shop, the weapon had been dancing around in her head.

"Torley, Clem here. I'm looking for something and I could use your words to get it. If you're interested in a finder's fee, get back to me."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-21-13/1435:21> »
Sam wasn't too surprised when he was contacted by one of the team; he was, however, surprised that it was Clem. Didn't think she trusted me that much, he thought to himself. Still, she had been part of the team, and they'd apparently done something significant together--something worth a mind-wipe to someone, at least--so he commed her back and agreed to help. When she told him what she wanted, he grinned--this would be a challenge. "I'll start the wheels rolling, but this might take some time. Mind giving me a few lessons in Or'zet in the meantime? Never know when I might need to convince one of you orks to calm down." Sam had a pretty good knack for languages, and he'd found that talking to people in their own tongues often opened doors.

Meanwhile, he pondered the text of his hardcopy. He didn't believe it, of course, but they'd paid him enough that he was willing to listen. Making a note to call on the specified date, he then sent a message to Sarah, inviting her to join him for dinner, where he promised to tell her some of what she'd missed out on.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-21-13/1830:32> »
Clem was taken aback by Torley's request. "Lessons in Or'zet? What do you want to do with that?" replied the ork.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-21-13/1950:00> »
First of all she called James Dermott, a talismonger she knew in Seattle.  Since it was during business hours, she was fairly sure he would be there.

"Hey, James," she said when the connection had been made.
"Hey Sammy," came the reply, "where are you now?"
"I'm back in Seattle, currently in the Docwagon hospital," she said, "nothing serious, just some overcasts.  You know how it goes, right?  Say, I would like to initiate.  Do you know a group that can help me with that?"

"Yeah I know exactly how it goes, I have been to a few too many funerals, watch yourself okay?  I could introduce you to some folks though I am not sure if they didn't self-initiate.  There are several circles I know of that would wet themselves to get someone famous like you, but that is probably not what you are looking for..."

You know that with the intimate nature of magical groups, if they aren't really secretive they aren't really worth the effort.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <11-21-13/1957:43> »
To talk to orks, of course, Sam thought. Instead of saying that, though, he responded, "Oh, I was thinking it'd be good for confusing Red. Or maybe flirting with Sammy, eh?" After a pause, he continued, "Of course, there are also people who get impressed if you can swear in more languages than they can. Lots of reasons."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-21-13/2024:25> »
Still confused by the request, Clem answered "I don't speak the language though, omae."
« Last Edit: <11-21-13/2236:15> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-21-13/2331:54> »
Sam paused in confusion. "Really? I thought...kuso, must've been the damn laes mucking with my head. Eh, don't worry about it; it was just an idle thought. I'll let you know when I get a line on your toy. Might need to get some measurements for the customization, of course."

Standing up, he walked over to his apartment's bar and poured himself a small drink. Okay, that was annoying, he thought to himself.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-22-13/0115:18> »
"You can tell them that I can do a magical and mundane disguise if they want," Sammy said "as soon as I'm out of this dumb, I'll swing by, okay.  Well, gotta go, time to get prodded again."

She suffered through the nurses ministrations while checking out some media sites to catch up on recent events, especially the stuff in LA.  When the nurse had gone, she called up Fionn.

"Hey Fionn," she said when she got through, "how are you doing?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-22-13/0240:28> »
O'Connor drove to a coffin motel on the outskirts of Redmond and checked in for two days to recuperate.

[spoiler=Coffin Motel]
Coffin hotel (24 hours) 30¥ (20th Anniversary Corebook, pg. 314)
Total: 60¥
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Healing]
Day One
Body 4 + Medkit 6 - Average condition 1 - CM 2 = Pool 7
7d6.hits(5) → [2,5,6,6,2,6,1] = (4)

Day Two
Body 4 + Medkit 6 - Average condition 1 - CM 1 = Pool 8
8d6.hits(5) → [1,6,6,5,3,6,3,4] = (4)
[/spoiler]

After checking out of the motel, O'Connor called Darrell, <"Yo Shortstack, we got a meeting to get to."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-22-13/1002:36> »
After checking out of the motel, O'Connor called Darrell, <"Yo Shortstack, we got a meeting to get to."

Darrell lets the call ring a tic or two longer than he would normally, showing he is still a little butthurt from the other day, his response confirms this. "Frag off breeder, I'm busy.  Your girlfriend got my money yet?"  The camera view at least confirms the truth of the first part of that.  He seems to be calibrating a smartlink for somebody's new Predator.

OOC note:

Day One
Body 4 + Medkit 6 - Average condition 1 - CM 2 - Adept 2 = Pool 7 5
7d6.hits(5) → [2,5,6,6,2,6,1] = (4 3)

Day Two
Body 4 + Medkit 6 - Average condition 1 - CM 1 - Adept 2= Pool 8 68d6.hits(5) → [1,6,6,5,3,6,3,4] = (4)

Fortunately it didn't make a difference
« Last Edit: <11-22-13/1010:02> by Crossbow »

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #12 on: <11-23-13/0107:37> »
Johnny had set up the meeting between his fixer Nanny and Matty for the morning in hopes of a little time to recover. He wasn't at a hundred percent when he led Matty up to her office door but at least he felt up to the challenge of seeing Nanny. He winked at Matty before knocking and looking into the security camera and waving. As the door slid open Johnny grinned and threw his arms wide "Hello dearest nanny, I hope you missed me. I know I missed you." He pulled down the gold rimmed sunglasses and waggled an eyebrow. "I even brought you a souvenir." He chuckled and beckoned Matty inside. 
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-23-13/0142:29> »
O'Connor grinned, <"So I take it then, that you don't want access to higher grade stock?">
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <11-26-13/2031:58> »
@Sammy: "Could be better, having a hard time recovering from everything.  Still, think it might all have been worth it.  How about you?" Realizing that he wasn't going to have much luck recovering from his injuries on his own, Fionn decided it was best to reach out to the group - or at least part of it - about finding a street doc, so he started up a group chat; he thought he'd head someone offer to take Sammy to a street doc to help her get healed up.

@Sam, Clem, and Johnny: <<Any of you lot know a good street doc?  I'm gonna be laid up for too damned long if I don't get some help here.>>

Then he sent Sam a note privately, since he wanted to keep his other request a little bit quiet for now - this was a bit too personal to bring everyone in on right now, but he knew he could do with some extra information all the same.  @Sam: <<Guys who hired us gave me a name of someone who supposedly can help me out with something - planning to do my own background on him, but I was hoping you might be able to ask around about an investigator by the name of Mason Ritchie; would be good to know who I'm dealing with.>>

That business being taken care of, he decided he should let Jimmy know what he'd learned, especially since he might know what to make of the name he'd been given.  @Jimmy: <<Hey mate, looking like I'll probably be laid up for a couple of days to recover from some stuff I had to do, but I'll drop by when I don't look half dead.  Meantime, it looks like I might have a lead on what happened to my sister - you remember her mentioning a Mason Ritchie at any point?>>
« Last Edit: <11-26-13/2135:55> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites