NEWS

Splintered State Released

• 28 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« on: <09-30-13/1828:16> »
Just got an email from DriveThruRPG that Splintered State is available. Sounds fun!

Link
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-30-13/2001:42> »
From the tumblr post I made a little bit ago:

[spoiler]
]
[/spoiler]

It Can Always Get Worse

Federal Agent Seth Dietrich has a secret. Actually, multiple secrets. One of them made him go underground, hiding from the people desperate to learn just how much he knows. And the other is keeping him from surfacing, because he’s found he can’t even trust himself.

If Dietrich were in his right mind, he’d cover his tracks like a pro, and no one would find him. Especially not shadowrunners getting their feel for life on the streets. But he’s not in his right mind, which means a group of shadowrunners finds themselves in possession of some very valuable information—information the highest powers in Seattle want for themselves. What started as a simple job turns into a scramble for their lives, a scramble that could become profitable if the runners play their cards right.

Splintered State is an introductory adventure for Shadowrun, Fifth Edition. Whether you have played previous Shadowrun editions or are new to the setting, this adventure helps players and gamemasters learn the new rules while wrapping themselves in the intrigue, excitement, and danger of running in Seattle.

Available in these formats:

PDF: Battleshop / DriveThruRPG

Book: Battleshop

PDF + Book Combo: Battleshop
« Last Edit: <09-30-13/2004:27> by Crimsondude »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <10-01-13/0020:45> »
This follow up on events and elements from Season 4 of Missions, Dirty Tricks, Jet Set, and Storm Front.  Lots of fun.

If you played Season 4 of Missions, especially the Buried Underground plotline, you want to check this out. :)

martinchaen

« Reply #3 on: <10-01-13/0420:23> »
Does this tie into SRM Season 5 at all? Seems like it would from a history perspective, but just want to check with regards to rules.

Also, sweet! Was wondering what happened to Agent Dietrich...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <10-01-13/0454:06> »
Haven't checked him out in Dirty Tricks and Jet Set but I did notice him in Missions and Storm Front and was wondering. Then the preview info revealed he had Sybilitis and I went O____O.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-01-13/1413:26> »
Does this tie into SRM Season 5 at all? Seems like it would from a history perspective, but just want to check with regards to rules.

Also, sweet! Was wondering what happened to Agent Dietrich...

Nope.  We made a clean break for Season 5, and have a new city, new characters, and a new set of plots brewing :)

There may be some follow up for older players/characters with Prime Missions though, so stay tuned.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-03-13/1220:52> »
Haven't had a chance to pick this up yet...anyone confirm if the interior is color or black and white?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-03-13/1318:04> »
B&W.  This will be a print product.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-04-13/0049:47> »
Thanks Bull. I had hoped we'd see a shift to full color for SR5, but appreciate that would have meant some significant price increases for print copies.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-04-13/0106:00> »
Unfortunately, yeah.  I'm not 100% positive on all of this, so don't quote me, but I think there are three primary areas that affect costs: Paper, Ink, and Art.

Printing in color is just more expensive than B&W, in general, due to more inks involved, and it's a bit more complicated because you have to make certain the colors are printing correctly (Anyone who's ever done any printing in color knows that sometimes what is on your screen isn't quite what comes out on paper).

I think the paper stock is different as well.  They use a slightly heavier, more expensive paper to hold the colors properly.

Finally, color art is more expensive than B&W art.  This is one (of several) reasons why Missions got bumped up in cost a couple bucks.

All of that adds up.  And a $20 B&W product ends up being $30 or $40 instead.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-04-13/1122:30> »
Thanks again Bull. I'd be happy to pay the additional expense for full color, but appreciate that I may be part of a rather limited target market. ;)

Slithery D

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <10-07-13/2003:08> »
Having thrashed the first SR5 Missions released in several places, I just wanted to say this is a good product, which just makes the disaster that is Chasin' the Wind even more inexplicable.

martinchaen

« Reply #12 on: <10-09-13/0925:52> »
Question; where does Splintered State fit into the timeline of CMP10-01 through 08 (i.e. Sprawl Wilds and Firing Line)?

Does it go:
Sprawl Wilds
Firing Line
Season 4
Splintered State
Season 5

Or something else entirely?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-09-13/1149:07> »
It doesn't.  Splintered States is not a Missions adventure.  Plus Sprawl Wilds and Firing line are a bit timeline agnostic by design, with the exception of Ashes (Which technically takes place before Season 4) and Carbon Copy (Which takes place after, go figure. :))  Plus Stormcrow Undone in Firing Line is supposed to take place while the Bogota war is still happening. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <10-09-13/1239:39> »
Ashes was also rewritten to taking place after Prop 23 passed.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!