NEWS

[SR5] Chargen Sheet...Automated, Level Up capabilities

• 62 Replies

FenrisFrost

• Newb
« on: <08-15-13/1007:28> »
NOTE: Update on page 2 of thread! Link is the same!

Hey all,

So I built this chargen spreadsheet for my group. I put a lot of work into it and every week I find more and more little odds and ends of the game that it doesn't handle well, etc. So I thought I would release it publicly and see what you folks could come up with for suggestions/fixes. What I am looking for is more or less suggestions on how to streamline the thing better, and to accommodate anything it is missing/needs as a baseline.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54799709/SR5%20Chargen.xlsx (made with Excel 2010)

It is missing some key features:
- Karma upgrades correctly change your skills, but they do not actually have their costs properly calculated yet. Raising attributes does in fact calculate out its proper karma cost, however.
- For qualities, I haven't done it yet, but I'd like to make a dropdown list just so you don't need the book in front of you. This is a low priority however.
- I am aware that a few of the skills are wrong, due to misinterpretations based on misprints in the book (like Herding, for example).
- The sheet, generally, does not have any methodology for advancement. What I am planning to do is make an additional sheet for data entry on another table that essentially copies all of your existing stuff from chargen, but adds up costs differently without including initial stuff. Or perhaps just a checkbox on the main data entry page.
- All skills automatically include their related attribute in their dice calculations. I plan on making an option to turn this off, but right now that is what it does.
- Most calculations ignore the base attribute and only use the modified version right now. So if you have cyberware that makes you strength 9, that is what gets used to factor into skills...not your base strength.

Any suggestions are welcome. Don't worry about being harsh; I can take criticism well enough, especially considering I knocked this together in about a week and a half!
« Last Edit: <09-10-13/0849:29> by FenrisFrost »

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-15-13/1237:09> »
I really like the design of it. One of my suggestions would be to increase the amount of space and width of the boxes as it allows people
more run to type info without it seeming squished together.  Also, increasing the amount of augmentations that can be added would
allow people to be able to take and write down any customizations, enhancements, ect that is done to things such as cyberlimbs or
anything that can have those added to them.

FenrisFrost

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-15-13/1506:18> »
I've thought about removing the elements on the output page that are there to make it look like the default Character Sheet, and just use the extra space to create a more utilitarian output. It'd be pretty easy to have both, actually, so I might make that a project to try.

There is enough room for 8 augmentations, though I've hidden the last 2 rows because the output sheet didn't have the space. There are a few places like that. I do think it needs a rethink; I don't use that 16 rows of space on the character sheet very effectively. 

Steelsteve

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-21-13/1245:10> »
I like it. Great worksheet. One problem i noticed is after saving it and closing it, the Nenyen does not re-boot correctly and appears as N/A

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-06-13/1312:28> »
Nice sheet but I can't seem to find where you put in your magic type?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <09-06-13/1405:16> »
I like this one the best of the excel sheets I can find. Could you put a version listing on the data sheet though so we can know if our file has been updated? :)

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-06-13/1457:44> »
I don't think he's updated the link yet as his original post hasn't been edited since it was posted.

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <09-06-13/1459:39> »
Yes, but he replied in the non-stuck comined sheet thread that he was going to update it. So I thought I'd see if he could add it before updating. :)

eldamir

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-06-13/2340:02> »
Nice sheet but I can't seem to find where you put in your magic type?

It's in some hidden rows between 22 and 46..

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #9 on: <09-07-13/0941:34> »
Not sure if FenrisFrost did this or not - but since the link is pointing to Dropbox, maybe he just updated the sheet that the link points to?  I'm downloading to check it out.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

eldamir

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <09-07-13/1123:01> »
I really like this layout, although my Mystic Adept doesn't seem to work quite right - looks like something was moved or deleted that breaks the Power Points section (but only as a Mystic Adept - regular Adept works fine)..

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <09-07-13/1304:35> »
I finished my decker, but it seems that LibreOffice messes with the print settings, the character sheet is really wide. :(

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-07-13/1410:21> »
Have you tried open office?

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <09-07-13/1432:43> »
OpenOffice and LibreOffice should be viewing it the same since it's forked off the same sourcecode.

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <09-09-13/1456:04> »
Yea! This one has been updated!