NEWS

SR5 Season 5 "Hot Patch Errata v1.0"

• 56 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <08-07-13/0848:16> »
Shadowrun 5th Ed Missions "Hot Patch Errata v1.0" now available!  This is a temporary Errata document to cover the bare basics for Shadowrun 5, Missions Season 5, and Character Creation. This is not the final SR5 Errata, and some things may change when that is released, but this document will see you through Gen Con and Dragon*Con as needed until the official Errata is finished and published.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12034805/SRM5%20Hot%20Patch%20Errata%20v1.0.pdf

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-07-13/0953:25> »
Thanks!

Especially glad to see the autosoft costs.

Mmurphy

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-07-13/2004:56> »
Ouch.  Standard level 2 background count unless otherwise informed.

Good thing my character history tells me why I have to be in Chicago for at least 1 year, otherwise I would leave by the most expedient route (if not a faster one :) )

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <08-07-13/2055:03> »
Tiny note: Book mentions Used for both Cyberware and Bioware, I assume we can get Used Non-Cultured Bioware as well?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-07-13/2244:07> »
Yeah.  I sorta lump Bio and Cyber together. But yeah, can't get used Cultured, since that's tied too heavily to your DNA. :)

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-07-13/2307:18> »
Mystic adepts (and me) seem more sufficiently nerfed now.  I'll have some slight adjusting to do.  (I think 5 karma).  I'm not actually raising my magic at all, so that part hasn't affected me, but knowing that I'm more limited there in the future makes me feel not so broken.

We didn't use background count correctly when we ran the 4 missions in sprawl wilds (we ran it much more severe).  I'm very glad that got spelled out before we got to GenCon, since I'm sure it will come into play quite a bit in Chicago.

Our cybered up street Sam was cussing a bit about used cyber/bioware.  He would have used it had he known it was legal 6 weeks ago. 

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-08-13/0219:18> »
Yeah, the background Count stuff is a new ruling, up until then we were faking it with the SR4 rules.  But SR4 BGC's were just a tad too broken (And my god were Aspected powerful), so we're changing it up a bit.  This seems a bit more balanced and makes them impactful without completely neutering your character.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <08-08-13/0635:27> »
Xenon brought this one up:

Q: Does the "no buying PP for karma after chargen" rule still apply to Mystic Adepts? In other words, say I have 6 Magic at chargen, I am allowed to buy 6 PP then. If I only buy 5 then, can I pay 5 karma after chargen to get that sixth allowed Power Point? Or is the opportunity still fully lost after chargen?

---------

It's a shame Background Count doesn't counteract someone with 6 Sustaining Foci Force 1 using reagents, but on the other hand they would pay quite a few spell slots and constant money for it, while also being hurt by wards. If there's a few of those around from time to time, they'll become more careful. And they also get hurt by the fact they pay money for what can be a lousy roll.

So weapon number 1 against those people is gone now. :) And I know the background count won't be as bad for when we play Ashes this saturday.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <08-08-13/0900:49> »
The changes to Mystic Adepts feel about right.  Still good, but not ++good to the point of out shining Adeps or Magicians.

I like the change to Background Count.  It was brutal in 4e. 
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-08-13/0909:12> »
For Phys Ads in Background Count Areas, can the penalty exceed the original bonus? So for instance would a Phys Ad with Improved Ability 1 take a -2 Dice penalty in a BGC of 2?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-08-13/1017:57> »
For Phys Ads in Background Count Areas, can the penalty exceed the original bonus? So for instance would a Phys Ad with Improved Ability 1 take a -2 Dice penalty in a BGC of 2?
Ofcource it can, they even take that -2 even if they have power that doesn't even give dice bonus. ::)

The no powerpoints at all except at initation taken instead of metamagic, seems horrible overnerf on myssadds., really hope that doesn't go into the actual errata.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-08-13/1020:22> »
No offense Max, but given that you've been wrong on the facts on almost everything you've said in the last month, you were not who i was looking for an answer from.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <08-08-13/1027:53> »
Please leave answering to Bull, we need the official sources here.

As for Mystic Adepts: We could debate on that but wouldn't it be better to actually do that in the current debate topic on Mystic Adepts? I already gave my opinion on it there.

To add to Crunch' question: If I have Improved Strength 1, would the background count give me a penalty on all tests using Strength? Would melee attacks suffer a penalty? Would my damage go down?
« Last Edit: <08-08-13/1030:42> by Michael Chandra »

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <08-08-13/1227:56> »
No offense Max, but given that you've been wrong on the facts on almost everything you've said in the last month, you were not who i was looking for an answer from.
Here you go and thanks for personal attack always feels so nice ;)
[quote name='Bull' date='Aug 7 2013, 08:45 PM' post='1251936']
And yes, even if the power doesn't give you dice, if the skill you're using benefits from magic, you get penalized, because you are being made physically ill and moving through astral quicksand.

Bull
[/quote]

Also the Errata is actually quite clear on this matter, after all it as a example lists powers that do not give a dicepool bonus at all, ergo penalty has to be able to be higher then the amount of bonus dice gotten.
« Last Edit: <08-08-13/1233:29> by Mäx »
"An it harm none, do what you will"

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-08-13/1250:49> »
Mäx, aside from including the quote the first time, perhaps you should have included the full quote by Bull on dumpshock (emphasis mine):
Quote from: Bull
Initiative will need to be clarified, yes. Right now, no direct penalty. It'll probably translate to a flat penalty (Since dice would be a bit ridiculous in that case, because no, it is not a dice pool).

Powers can be turned on and off. Always have been. Should have been clarified in the new book though. Otherwise Adepts can NEVER go through wards.

And yes, even if the power doesn't give you dice, if the skill you're using benefits from magic, you get penalized, because you are being made physically ill and moving through astral quicksand.

Bull
So if the bonus isn't worth the penalty, you can just turn the power off.