NEWS

[SR5] Priority Character Creation - Excel Automated Spreadsheet

• 31 Replies

Flaser

• Newb
« on: <07-29-13/2142:31> »
Since Dumpshock is down, I'll post this here first. I started to work on an excel sheet to help with character creation. Right now it's nowhere near finished, but should show the concept I have in mind - automatic everything as much as possible - and allow those with the know  how to critique and provide feedback:

Version 0.11:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7KaFhodT908N0FwS19IT01Bclk
« Last Edit: <09-11-13/1101:30> by Flaser »

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-30-13/0249:17> »
I like the way your spreadsheet is shaping up.  It certainly looks like you are approaching this with some forethought. Something that my sheet is missing.  Anyway if you want steal anything from the one I was working on go ahead.  Although, the only thing in there that might be useful is the data entry of items and augmentations.  I am excited to see where this sheet goes.

Flaser

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-01-13/0458:07> »
...and yet another update. Qualities are fully supported now.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-02-13/0348:25> »
Just wanted to say Thanks for your hard work and also to say I really like your character spreadsheet. I really hope you continue working on it as it sadly helped me figure something I was doing wrong during chargen. I was just curious what was being worked on in the next update? Take care and thanks again!

Flaser

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-02-13/1146:14> »
Another update, most of the code for augmentations is in. (Doesn't affect attributes yet, neither is implant location implemented).

Frankschtaldt

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-02-13/1522:14> »
Hey Flaser, looking awesome. Can't wait for it to be finished!
One thing I would suggest would be to not limit selecting the same priority twice.
There are a couple of examples of alternate chargen in the book that that give the same priority twice (eg: B,C,D,E,E for a low level game).
I know my players would love to use something like this and I intend to run a low level game like the example above soon =)

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <08-02-13/1635:24> »
I thought I'd suggest allowing us to put what our code is (ie. not killing women, children, civilians, ect.) for those who choose the code of honor quality.

Flaser

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-03-13/1113:54> »
Another day, another release:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7KaFhodT908WGpLZk9aZGdpVUk

The augmentations sections is done, what's missing is them affecting attributes. Things finally correctly track capacities, essence, availability and costs.

Hey Flaser, looking awesome. Can't wait for it to be finished!
One thing I would suggest would be to not limit selecting the same priority twice.
There are a couple of examples of alternate chargen in the book that that give the same priority twice (eg: B,C,D,E,E for a low level game).
I know my players would love to use something like this and I intend to run a low level game like the example above soon =)

I'm not going to take out a feature that most people will use to benefit a few. What you request though, can be done by making the sheet use a different priority list depending on what "mode" you're running at the moment.
I might look into it later, right now though I focus on getting the core functions pat down.

I thought I'd suggest allowing us to put what our code is (ie. not killing women, children, civilians, ect.) for those who choose the code of honor quality.

You can already do this, just add your code to the list of Honor Codes (S Column, on the Quality Subchoice Lists worksheet). If you ask for the cell to dynamically change to an entry field from a drop-down list when you select Code of Honor, it can't be done without VB Script (...and I'm not sure if it can be done with that either).

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <08-03-13/1215:46> »
To give you a better idea of what I'm talking about I'll include a picture below to show you. As you can see anything entered
into subsection 2 for code of honor produces an error. Hopefully the picture will provide a clearer idea of what I'm talking about.

Flaser

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-03-13/1408:52> »
To give you a better idea of what I'm talking about I'll include a picture below to show you. As you can see anything entered
into subsection 2 for code of honor produces an error. Hopefully the picture will provide a clearer idea of what I'm talking about.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Please follow the instructions I've given. Go to the sheet titled "Quality Subchoice Lists". Go to column "S". Enter your code of honor there in an empty row. Afterwards you should be able to choose that from the drop-down list.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <08-03-13/1550:15> »
Thanks! I guess I should pay more attention to the character sheet.

ImaginalDisc

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-08-13/1016:25> »
This is shaping up very well. Thanks for the hard work!

Tagami

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <08-09-13/1610:05> »
Nice work. I guess you haven't made the Resource allocation table yet, right?

Flaser

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-10-13/1254:56> »
Nice work. I guess you haven't made the Resource allocation table yet, right?

You mean support for gear? No, only augmentations are supported so far. As for "magical" resources (spells, adept powers, complex forms, etc), those will have to wait, I wanna get the mundane parts done first.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <08-11-13/0005:46> »
Since Flaser hasn't updated this post yet, the newest version of which is 0.9 which just contains refinements and bugfixes. Below is a quote from dumpshock.

...and another update:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7KaFhodT908TEJmQlVuaVFsZ2s

No new features this time, just a bunch of refinements and lots of bugfixes! Turns out my augmentation code had lots of iffy things in it... shame on you people for not booing at me!