NEWS

Missions Season 5 FAQ Update (And "Starter FAQ")

• 45 Replies

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <07-20-13/0934:35> »
Not rules related, but how soon would a group have to start playing Season 5 to be involved in the living campaign part of it?

My group is currently plodding along quite happily at the early stages of Season 4, so we're obviously too late to affect anything with what we do on that. A couple of us are quite keen on getting in on 5,  but we also want to continue with the great fun that is 4 and get our money's worth out of SR4. We can't do both so I'd just like to have an idea of how soon we'd have to shelve Season 4 if we do want to do the live version of Season 5.

Mission 1 for season 5 has yet to be released.  (Sprawl Wilds is the closest thing we have.  I think those are actually all season 4 missions, that now include season 5 stats.)  So you still have plenty of time to wait.  I know events at GenCon include missions 1-6 for season 5, so they at least will exist in some kind of beta form by then, but I will be surprised if more than 1 mission is out before Gencon.  (I'm not even sure we'll get 1, but I'm still hoping, since we have that slotted in our play schedule for the Saturday before GenCon.)

I'd guess you could easily not start season 5 until the end of the year and you'll be fine for getting results in to affect events.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #31 on: <07-20-13/0939:32> »
Since it is going to be a bit for prime missions to come out, prime runners from SR 4 can convert over, I have some season 4 missions that I still need to go through, and I have all these SR 4 books I was curious if we could still play the earlier seasons and qualify for prime runner conversion?

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <07-20-13/1003:19> »
Cheers for the info chaps. We're UK based, and the last con I went to here was pretty ropey, it was basically just a bunch of CCG tournaments with some roleplaying thrown in as an aside. The Cthulu games were all high quality, but that was about it on the RP side. Less said about the Shadowrun game the better. 

So we'll be doing Missions at home.

Greenknight046

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <07-20-13/1913:16> »
Quick gear-related question...

Since Shadowrun 2050 just re-introduced Dikote coating for weapons and armor, is this something that will be usable for SR5 missions?

I was just looking forward to glazing my combat knife, and it would really suck if something introduced too late for SR4 missions became banned from SR5 missions as well.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <07-20-13/2030:08> »
2050 isn't a 5th edition book, so if it doesn't come out in one of the 5th edition books on the way, it won't be allowed.  It definitely wouldn't be allowed now, since only the core 5th book is legal.

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #35 on: <07-24-13/1325:16> »
Looking forward to that FAQ. Just started one of my groups, (my guinea pigs) on creating characters.

Bull, if it would be possible, could we get an official ruling if initiation/submersion during character creation is allowed for SRM?
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #36 on: <07-24-13/2116:21> »
No Initiation at Chargen.  Sorry.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <07-24-13/2315:03> »
If you were putting odds on the Mission FAQ being approved before GenCon, is it better or worse than 50%?  (Same question applies to the first mission or 2 for season 5?)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <07-24-13/2316:51> »
FAQ:  Good.  Mission #1, not so good :(  Art and Layout is just tied up with about a dozen projects that HAVE to be done before Gen Con (Because of stuff going to print and what not), so unfotrunatley Missions gets kinda hosed. 

Though I may have some good news to announce soon.

Mmurphy

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <07-31-13/0006:03> »
What about contacts.  What contacts will be used?  I have never played a SR Mission but am going to be at GenCon so I want to do it right.

8) or at least cheat in a way the Mega Corps or GOD will not discover  8)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <07-31-13/0019:22> »
You should earn most of the contacts pretty quickly, but I'll be posting a summary of the Contacts and their Connection Ratings and max starting Loyalty in the next couple days so you can take them at Chargen if you like.

Deiko

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <08-08-13/1607:21> »
A Qualaties question - given the background of the containment zone - is it too large of an area, or perhaps not specific enough - to use as a location for the "Homeground" positive quality?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <08-08-13/1706:17> »
Yes.  Th CZ is over 100 square miles (about a 15 KM x 30 KM square).  Far, far too big :)

Home Ground should really be a small neighborhood or district at best.  I'd saw no more than a dozen square blocks (about 1x1 mile).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #43 on: <09-11-13/0805:58> »
Any news on SRM05-01? I have to announce a new event within 8 days to stick to the 1-month-ahead requirement and am curious if SRM05-01 will be an option, or whether I should instead take one from Sprawl Wilds or Firing Line.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #44 on: <09-11-13/0851:06> »
Any news on SRM05-01? I have to announce a new event within 8 days to stick to the 1-month-ahead requirement and am curious if SRM05-01 will be an option, or whether I should instead take one from Sprawl Wilds or Firing Line.

Michael - talk to Ray. He'll get you access if you've got an upcoming event.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)