NEWS

What's your favorite heavy pistol?

• 91 Replies

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #45 on: <10-12-15/0303:09> »
That said, I'll admit that I am a little sad that 5th edition seems to be currently missing both the Colt Manhunter and the Ruger Thunderbolt.
The Colt Manhunter makes it's return in Hard Targets, along with a long list of weapon mods.
Extended MAGAZINE is a game changer all on it's own.[spoiler](Sorry, not sorry, but I won't call them clips just to match the text, which is WRONG)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-12-15/0343:07> by BetaCAV »

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #46 on: <10-12-15/0330:53> »
That said, I'll admit that I am a little sad that 5th edition seems to be currently missing both the Colt Manhunter and the Ruger Thunderbolt.
The Colt Manhunter makes it's return in Hard Targets, along with a long list of weapon mods.
Extended MAGAZINE is a game changer all on it's own (Sorry, not sorry, but I won't call them clips just to match the text, which is WRONG) .

We are NOT starting that discussion again!

Please! For the love of all the fuffy kitten videos on U-tube!!! Nooooo!!!!

(But you CAN search for the last time it came up)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <10-12-15/0821:34> »
(But you CAN search for the last time it came up)

Thanks for the hint, that was a pretty amusing read  ;D

HaikenEdge

• Chummer
« Reply #48 on: <10-12-15/1355:29> »
Love the Colt Manhunter. Then again, my characters generally use throwbacks anyways, so it pretty much falls in line with what my characters use.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <10-12-15/2351:47> »
I'm not entirely sure why there seemed to have been so much lamenting of the lack of the Manhunter, and now so much joy it's in Hard Targets... seems a fairly average heavy pistol to me...
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #50 on: <10-13-15/0036:36> »
It's an iconic weapon for the non-Predator folks. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #51 on: <10-13-15/0136:22> »
I have always been in love with the Colt Manhunter ever since seeing the picture in the original Street Samurai's Catalogue.
I'm so happy that it's back even though the design has changed a little with a red spot scope instead of the traditional laser sight. That isn't going to stop me from tearing it off and slap a smartgun inside it though.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <10-13-15/0337:10> »
Fair enough, I can understand wanting an iconic weapon to return.  :)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #53 on: <10-14-15/0045:10> »
I'm not entirely sure why there seemed to have been so much lamenting of the lack of the Manhunter, and now so much joy it's in Hard Targets... seems a fairly average heavy pistol to me...
It's not just a fairly average heavy pistol -- it's a lifestyle!

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <10-14-15/0057:11> »
The Manhunter does have extreme reliability on it's side - you cannot brick a firearm that has removed all the electronics common to the 2070s.

Still, I won't be going past the Lemat for style.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <10-14-15/1040:13> »
The Lemat, a revolver that finally makes me question myself about carrying a Warhawk, I am so looking forward to taking the Lemat out for a test drive....
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Halinn

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <10-14-15/1728:21> »
The Lemat, a revolver that finally makes me question myself about carrying a Warhawk, I am so looking forward to taking the Lemat out for a test drive....

Why not just pop flechette rounds in your Warhawk for 11P(f), AP +3

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #57 on: <10-14-15/1950:40> »
Mostly because you would either need the selective ammo mod for actual quick ammo change (Warhawk) or you can have a fully loaded heavy pistol with your favorite ammo and a single shot shotgun in one gun. That is hard to beat.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #58 on: <10-15-15/2018:51> »
For my character, it just has that mix of old world innovation and new world tech that appeals to her.
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <10-18-15/0908:08> »
What am I hearing? The Manhunter returned?!

HALLELUJAH, PRAISE THE LORD!!!

As for the reasons for which it was missed so much, I would like to add mine to the list: MOST of the people I know (I'm looking at YOU, pink mohawk elven gunslinger adept) will use it with a SUPPRESSOR. That should roughly double Manhunter's length. Can you imagine attaching a suppressor to Predator's longer barrel? It's physically impossible to conceal the damn thing without a coat. Even then, trying to pull something that size out of the holster should be a serious pain in the hoop. It's like bringing a Barrett for a trip through the HVAC shafts. Plus, it just looks plain ridiculous.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have an old friendship to renew.