NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2760 on: <09-03-15/0350:04> »
I'd just like to say a few things.

First of all, I'm guessing there's a purely diplomatic solution to our current predicament. The problem is, Jackhammer at least is terrible at those things.

Secondly, if push comes to shove, I'm all kinds of down for a TPK, but it certainly won't be my first choice. I'm not above making some terrible decisions if those are the only options we're given.

Thanks, Pistol.
Obviously a TPK is no one's first choice!
But really appreciate your commmitment to standing up instead of lying down in the face of long odds!

Sadly, we just know way too little about these House of Flowers people to know if diplomacy is possible.
But even if it was, we've lost not only our mages but most of hour face power as well.

Still, a lot of that comes down to cleverness and role-playing, and we have a lot of sharp people in our team...

We'll work something out.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2761 on: <09-03-15/0844:36> »
Probably being dense but what's a TPK???

Ok, back to the plot...I can bring the cavalry rushing to your rescue at any time but I think it will probably be more interesting for you lot if you resolve this one yourselves.  If you disagree then that's fine too  ;D  ...anyone can 'Face' in my games as I'm more interested in RP that dice rolling (although I pay attention to relative scores too of course otherwise what would be the point in having stats???).  As to mages, it was only a little influence spell, will try and balance the foe to your current roster!  Al and Isaint can certainly make mince meat of most spirits you come across...

The flowery ones have certainly succeeded with the divide part of their plan...not so sure about the conquered yet but they are manoeuvring you in the right direction  8), over to you...!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2762 on: <09-03-15/0902:25> »
TPK = Total Party Kill

Usually brought on by one or more members taking insane risks against established badasses  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #2763 on: <09-03-15/0944:33> »
Probably being dense but what's a TPK???

Ok, back to the plot...I can bring the cavalry rushing to your rescue at any time but I think it will probably be more interesting for you lot if you resolve this one yourselves.  If you disagree then that's fine too  ;D  ...anyone can 'Face' in my games as I'm more interested in RP that dice rolling (although I pay attention to relative scores too of course otherwise what would be the point in having stats???).  As to mages, it was only a little influence spell, will try and balance the foe to your current roster!  Al and Isaint can certainly make mince meat of most spirits you come across...

The flowery ones have certainly succeeded with the divide part of their plan...not so sure about the conquered yet but they are manoeuvring you in the right direction  8), over to you...!

Aria - only cavalry I'm interested in is what we can generate ourselves (like calling in Requiem???).

A lot of our discussion may sound whiney (whingey in UK???), but I think it's more like (A) revelling in the awesome challenge, and (B) working up that sense of crisis that leads to brilliant play!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2764 on: <09-03-15/0951:37> »
Well, I wouldn't mind if the clowns appearance prevented the freaks in the crowd from dog piling us.
I wonder if Orokos wants to tell me something with all those rolled four successes. Isn't the number four an unlucky number in China and Japan since it sounds like the word for death? ;D

Also: Hurray for high tension play ;)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #2765 on: <09-03-15/0954:31> »
Yikes - okay, so much for my hope that the ork lady was not with the House of Flowers...

@Jack - slick move indeed. Love it so much.

As for Spike, tempting as it would be to play him smarter, he's, well, a dog.

He knows a lot of commands, though none in English.

But no problem with your move.

Basically, now that he's done what he's been told and found Natasha, he won't do anything unless someone attacks him or attacks anyone he knows is a friend (Isaint, Natasha, Frenchman).
He'll basically just stick real close to Isaint and provide close-quarters security.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2766 on: <09-03-15/1048:18> »
It's ok. Turning to Spike was Isaint's way to hide the movement to take out the grenade ;D
But it is good to know that he won't run after the ball  ;)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #2767 on: <09-03-15/1104:36> »
Well, the way I'm thinking right now, with new confirmation that this lady is with the kidnappers, and especially that the kid that put down Solo is here with her, well, my next post is going to have to be accompanied by dice and rules and stuff, and that means waiting until several hours from now.

Good, really, so other people can post.

Or tell me OOC that I'm crazy.

But adding in Isaint's play, I think talking time is over - and Al is not above hitting old ladies and kids if they are proven threats to those he's sworn to protect...

adamu

« Reply #2768 on: <09-03-15/1214:09> »
Actually - (damn, these stressful situations get me OOC-chatty) - sorely tempted as Al and I are, we will not go shock and awe on the old lady and child yet.

Because I am more worried about an angry crowd than I am these flower pimps.

Aria, let me know if I need some sort of roll for the hand slappy thing...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2769 on: <09-03-15/1216:46> »
Awsome read guys... I also find the idea of flowers underground - a bit... odd!

adamu

« Reply #2770 on: <09-03-15/1239:35> »
@gilga - nothing stopping Solo coming back, dude!

For better or worse, the post rate has slowed way way down anyway...

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2771 on: <09-03-15/1319:21> »
@Obi: Good question! How's your toxin resistance? ;-)

That's Evil ;)
Hopefully my rating 6 olfactory booster will detect the toxin and switch the Internal tank on.

ISaint seems to have taken the situation in his own hands but let's give him some back up and help to get Natasha back. And let's regroup as soon as possible. 
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2772 on: <09-03-15/1336:43> »
This can only end well.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2773 on: <09-03-15/1644:56> »
@TB: Hope to have an IC up for you tomorrow before I let the CoP lot know what evil thing I'm going to do next  8)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2774 on: <09-03-15/1645:29> »
This can only end well.
Ya think?!?   ;)