NEWS

help w reaction adjustments

• 47 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-20-15/1548:41> »
I really don't see it as being there for your average character. More or less, it's an option for the full body replacement cyber guy (or at least the body armour medkit guy), who can conceivably expect to be shot somewhere that doesn't bleed.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <05-20-15/1648:25> »
Ummm... this isn't WH40K with Hit Locations. Unless it's a called shot then it's all pretty meta, it'll cause you to bleed unless they specifically shot your cyberlimb. But even then... Kamikaze is way better lasts 10x-60x longer gets better stats except 1d6 worth of dice, and the penalties while not cool at all are light years ahead of those penalties.

But then most of those cybersuites aren't anything to get excited about either. Only 3 of them are even worth taking with the very last one being worth it if it was a gift... the rest just aren't good enough for the limitations imposed.
« Last Edit: <05-20-15/1700:56> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-20-15/1804:27> »
Ummm... this isn't WH40K with Hit Locations
Remind me to edit those pages out of Run & Gun. It can go on my 'to do' list after I buy out CGL.

Everyone must hit centre mass with location non-specific generic 'damage' which definitely can't hit or ever break gear.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-20-15/1845:43> »
Come on man... don't try to be facetious about it. I was clearly speaking in a general manner that a game like WH40K resolves every shot to a hit location as part of attack phase resolution, just as I also clearly stated that unless its a called shot it's just a meta abstract of damage dealt vs armor/body resisted.

Side note: after you do buy out CGL, could you please possibly edit the Vehicle Modification Rules INTO Run & Gun where they belong??? That'd be awesome
« Last Edit: <05-20-15/1850:53> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #34 on: <05-21-15/0010:56> »
Vehicle Modification does not, and never has, belonged with the guns.  That's what the Rigger book is about.  The WEAPON modification and creation rules belong in the gunbunny book, the deck and program rules belong in the matrix book, the spell creation rules belong in the mage book.  However, neither SR4 nor SR5 has had a good creation system for its gear, so ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-21-15/0116:29> »
It was in Arsenal in 4th... missed 3rd... and 2nd was 20 years ago. So I was expecting it in Run & Gun again

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-21-15/0705:04> »
just as I also clearly stated that unless its a called shot it's just a meta abstract of damage dealt vs armor/body resisted
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in our core rule book.

By which I mean, there are a lot of basic assumptions we make on the rules (I say we, because I do it too) that can be scrutinised and reconsidered. Exactly what you're hitting when you shoot full cyberlimb replacement guy is one of them, and it doesn't have to be a player's choice for the GM to decide (or leave to chance) that a non-fleshy part was damaged.

sn0mm1s

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <05-22-15/1546:28> »
I'd say the best way for an Adept to get +4 Reaction is 3 Levels of Improved Reflexes & 1 Level of Improved Physical Attribute (Reaction).

I don't think those two stack. They are both magical increases to initiative.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #38 on: <05-22-15/2102:26> »
They don't counter each other; I'd allow it.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Beaumis

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-23-15/1451:51> »
I'd say the best way for an Adept to get +4 Reaction is 3 Levels of Improved Reflexes & 1 Level of Improved Physical Attribute (Reaction).
The source only matters when there are explicit rules to exclude the source. Improved Reflexes specifically mentions Initiative, not Reaction. Those two stack freely by RAW.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <05-29-15/0033:10> »
The source only matters when there are explicit rules to exclude the source. Improved Reflexes specifically mentions Initiative, not Reaction. Those two stack freely by RAW.

They stack on Reaction to +4 but only +3 would be counted for Initiative. Since that I'd defined differently as +3 & +1 nonstacking.

sn0mm1s

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <05-29-15/1729:16> »

Initiative is derived from Reaction. Are you really arguing that Improved  Physical Attribute powers don't increase derived stats which are based on said attributes? Both Improved Physical Attribute: Reaction and Improved Reflexes increase initiative. The rules for Improved Reflexes make them incompatible. You can't turn off the bonus to initiative to make them stack for reaction.

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-29-15/1917:33> »
Initiative is derived from Reaction. Are you really arguing that Improved  Physical Attribute powers don't increase derived stats which are based on said attributes? Both Improved Physical Attribute: Reaction and Improved Reflexes increase initiative. The rules for Improved Reflexes make them incompatible. You can't turn off the bonus to initiative to make them stack for reaction.
The argument is that Improved Reflexes (the Reaction part) and Improved Physical Attribute: Reaction don't increase Initiative, yes. They increase Reaction. That, indirectly, also increases initiative, because the basic initiative (before any bonuses are factored in) are Reaction+Intuition+1d6. But those two (well, the Reaction bonus) aren't magical bonuses to Initiative, they're magical bonuses to Reaction. And those stack. And a higher Reaction results in a higher initiative - not as a bonus, but as the core calculation of that derived stat.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-30-15/0155:27> »
The argument is that Improved Reflexes (the Reaction part) and Improved Physical Attribute: Reaction don't increase Initiative, yes. They increase Reaction. That, indirectly, also increases initiative, because the basic initiative (before any bonuses are factored in) are Reaction+Intuition+1d6. But those two (well, the Reaction bonus) aren't magical bonuses to Initiative, they're magical bonuses to Reaction. And those stack. And a higher Reaction results in a higher initiative - not as a bonus, but as the core calculation of that derived stat.

See this argument is lost half way through. Improved Physical Attribute & Improved Reflexes do stack for Reaction but when counting Reaction for Initiative they don't. You can get a +3 & +1 for a total modifier up to Augmented Maximum of +4 to Reaction. When calculating derived Initiative Score... Reaction (+3/+1)* + Initiative + 4D6 = X        (* IR is incapable with all other bonuses to Initiative so only the highest one applies)

That's one of the benefits of Reaction Enhancers & Wired Reflexes... they are Reaction specific. You can still have an Increase Reflexes spell cast on you, Kamikaze still has its full effect, Accelerator still has its full effect,  Cram & Jazz still add the +1d6 but the +1 REA is subsumed.
« Last Edit: <05-30-15/0205:01> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-30-15/0352:29> »
The Wired Reflexes/Reaction Enhancers combo is different, because those state that they're incompatible with other Reaction (and Initiative, for Wired) augments. (It's Augment-specific for Wired Reflexes by the way - so Wired still stacks with spells and drugs, but Reaction Enhancers don't stack with any other Reaction enhancement).

You don't get an initiative of Reaction (+3/+1)* + Intuition + Dice. You get an initiative of Reaction + Intuition + Dice. Whatever your reaction is, that is used for the calculation, however you reached that Reaction. Because Reaction Enhancers and IPA: Reaction don't increase Initiative, and thus stack with anything that increases initiative - they increase Reaction. And it doesn't matter what that Reaction is made up for when you calculate initiative, because, once it's increased, you simply have a Reaction of X, and that's what you use for everything that uses Reaction.