NEWS

Ceramic cyber spurs & bio-ware spurs

• 21 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #15 on: <04-26-11/0940:07> »
Actually, the Wolverine blades are already in play (granted, they're cyber and not bio):
I know.  But I was talking about making a bio version of them.  Which just seems like it would be a lot more work.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-27-11/0703:34> »
-3 to detect them from MAD
???
MAD scanner just straight up can't detect somethink that isn't made of metal.

I thought of that too, then realized "but you still have the casing, springs, motors, gears, wiring, etc". There's more to a cyberspur than a chunk of sharpened material.
If any of those parts contains metal, then there's not much reason for making the spur out of ceramic material.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Sid

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <04-27-11/1159:29> »
I still think the ceramic weapon mod is a good bet. It provides rules for minor, major and total replacement of metal parts.

... wouldn't it apply to cyberweapons anyways, being a weapon mod?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #18 on: <04-27-11/1259:41> »
If you can give me one reason why not, Id reconsidr it, otherwise its absolutely OK for my games...

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #19 on: <04-27-11/1313:49> »
Hand Razors are more like Lady Deathstrike (Or, you know, the origin:  Molly Millions!).
Sabertooth would be more appropriate then Lady Deathstrike, as the latter is more like bat wings without the wing surfaces...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <04-27-11/1344:13> »
Hand Razors are more like Lady Deathstrike (Or, you know, the origin:  Molly Millions!).
Sabertooth would be more appropriate then Lady Deathstrike, as the latter is more like bat wings without the wing surfaces...
Or, you know, Molly Millions.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #21 on: <04-27-11/1622:15> »
I still think the ceramic weapon mod is a good bet. It provides rules for minor, major and total replacement of metal parts.

... wouldn't it apply to cyberweapons anyways, being a weapon mod?

I actually have a character who has used this as a real mechanic. She has a ceramic handblade implanted in her right forearm. The ceramic part I worked out with my GM to make it look like it was made to be a support for the bone due to a break from her childhood so it would seem less Odd for there to be something there if it was detected. He wasn't sure at first, but once I explained that the rules for ceramic replacement aren't specified to only guns and that if ceramic knives already exist it would make sense that this would be possible to some extent for any cyberware he agreed. It's still a fully functional handblade, but to anyone looking via a scanner it just shows up as medical procedure that makes since and is listed on her fake SIN. Sure someone with a cyberware scanner would be like wait a second.... but otherwise no MAD would see it or care.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm