NEWS

Temporarily boost compiling?

• 4 Replies

Pericles

• Newb
« on: <11-05-18/1224:58> »
I'm wanting my technoshaman (Kill Code) to compile a higher level sprite to turn into a sprite pet, but compiling and registering it is going to be especially tough.  I'm not so much worried about the fade, I've got that covered. But is there any way to temporarily boost compiling, such as drugs that boost resonance? I've checked SR5, Data Trails and Kill Code and haven't found anything.

Someone could use leadership on me, I suppose.  Anything else I'm missing?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <11-05-18/1307:20> »
Leadership can be easily vetoed by a GM, and I'm also not aware of any other methods.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <11-05-18/1331:04> »
Yea... Technos are still the unloved children of the SR world :(

Is this for Missions play or for a Home game? (This matters as it limits what you can do).

If its for a home game, you might want to talk to your GM, as you have several options available depending on how nice your GM is.

A Teamwork test might help you if you could find some other technos to help you in your efforts.
Leadership is an option - if the GM agrees.

but outside of those options i am unaware of anything that gives a boost to techno abilities or dice pools on a temporary basis that could help you. 

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-05-18/1435:43> »
There's always edge - used reactively with a good leadership test it can increase your effective dice pool tremendously.
The paragon Probe cang ive you a +2 dice pool if you do your compiling while directly connected to an isolated system. Just jack into an obsolete system and start compiling for a sweet bonus.

Not to mention: You can boost leadership quite a bit by buying your friend a nice suit from Vashon Island and have a machine sprite use it's thing to increase the dp bonus to social tests. It's of course pretty ineffective (teamwork on teamwork creates a ratio of 9 dice to 1 success), but every little bit helps.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-05-18/1449:39> »
Thanks!

It's for a home game, and as a matter of fact, I just completed one of my main campaign goals of freeing a bunch of my fellow gnome tms (some of them relatives) from the clutches of MCT.  Of course they're all messed up right now, but that's an intriguing possibility..