NEWS

3-5 players wanted

• 17 Replies

sobanspirit

• Newb
« on: <11-26-12/0208:29> »
Hi all. 

I'm a fellow player on Shadowrun.  I havn't had the chance to play for long, because honestly most of the people in our chat based group are not very "geared" toward Shadowrun.

Anyway, I'm looking for other (3 to 5 more) players, preferably those with experience so that my GM will run a game.  It will be chat based, probably through AIM or MSN.

Some info on me, I've been doing various rp's ranging from Battletech to Warhammer 40k to Scion to Exalted.  I'm coming toward my 8th year as a roleplayer. 

The GM has been GM'ing various rp's, but his experience in Shadowrun is around 10+ years and has covered the 2nd edition to the 4th edition.  (We will be playing the 4th edition with the 400bp starting level).  A little disclaimer though, he tends to be unforgiving when it comes to silly mistakes, just a warning xD.

I can't give you a plot as he will likely tailor it to our characters.

I'll get feedback from those interested on what kind of runs they would like to do which will somewhat determine what kind of characters we will need.  I will either be using a technomancer or an adept to start with.

Any input is appreciated, and feel free to ask questions.
« Last Edit: <11-26-12/0304:39> by sobanspirit »

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <11-26-12/0727:53> »
Hello. You've perked my interest. What are the times initially being looked at?

RythmnSylver

• Newb
  • Chaos Gold
« Reply #2 on: <11-26-12/1031:04> »
what books can we use? I mainly focus on Runner's Companion, Steet Magic, an Digital Grimoire.

also does you GM have skype?
~'~~,~'~~,~~{@}~~'~~~,~'~~

Galonzo

• Newb
  • LFG in the Boston area
« Reply #3 on: <11-26-12/1427:53> »
I have 10+ years of Shadowrun experience in different editions and groups. I would love to join you, especially because of the fact that your GM is willing and able to work character background into the story. I'm a huge fan of this, from both ends of the table.

Weeknights are best for me. Chat is fine, but I could also do skype.

I would offer magical support in the form of a combat-experienced shaman mage with a background as a critter fighter. I could also provide muscle or a face. All are standard 400 BP builds. 
Who doesn't love a troll with a jetpack?

vinnmun

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-26-12/1448:08> »
I'm interested as well, I'm available wednesday to Friday if you are doing weeknights.
H0llister - Demo Team

Red: Matrix
Blue: Speech
Green: Thought

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <11-26-12/1452:37> »
I can do weekends and Thursday/Friday afternoons, and I can use AIM or Skype.

Whatever I do depends on what you other guys have planned, and the books available.

sobanspirit

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-26-12/1512:56> »
I will have to confirm times with the GM, but Fridays generally work, or any day of the weekend.  Because I'm in Alaska doing them during the week would require some sessions going later into the night.  Generally on Fridays we would do evenings, weekends we would sometimes start after lunch.

Skype is a possibility, I'll talk to him about it.

As far as available books, Street Magic, Companion, the Core Book, Unwired, and I think a few others he uses, though he does take some artistic liberty concerning things that don't match up with the novels which I'm pretty sure he has been a big fan of.

RythmnSylver

• Newb
  • Chaos Gold
« Reply #7 on: <11-26-12/1621:50> »
another question for the Gm is What Build setup will we be using? Karma, or Bp, and how much? or Will we use the Priority System. also is there any house Rules for Avalibility, contacts, knowledge points, etc etc?
~'~~,~'~~,~~{@}~~'~~~,~'~~

sobanspirit

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-26-12/1650:02> »
400 bp starting.  I asked about general houserules last night and he goes with things that make sense with the canon that don't always fit with Wiz Kids.  As far as specifics, I don't have a lot for you right now, they are little things here and there. 

He told me if I found players that he would run a game, but last night I don't think he realized how quickly I was going to come up with people interested lol.  I will ask about character creation house rules when he gets on.

EDIT:
He'd like to meet you guys during the character creation process.  If you guys have AIM, send me an IM with your name on this site.  Mine is sobanspirit.  Hopefully we can get the character creation process rolling tomorrow or the next day.
« Last Edit: <11-26-12/2020:09> by sobanspirit »

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <11-26-12/2120:25> »
Anyone mind if I do a Troll Combat Adept?

sobanspirit

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <11-27-12/0951:27> »
Forgot about the MSN messenger, same as above, send me a request with your name from this site in it.  Wolfofburningice@yahoo.com

So far, so good, hope to see more of you around.

Sixgun77

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-27-12/1442:49> »
I've never played over the 'net before, but I'm willing to give it a try. I usually gravitate toward helicopter riggers, mechanics, survivalist/outdoorsmen,or gunsmiths. I can play afternoons or nights(eastern time) mon-thurs.

Vladimir

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-28-12/1212:58> »
I would like to join

nullnostalgia

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <11-29-12/1740:04> »
I would like to join as well. Only have a few games of Shadowrun under my belt, but I've been roleplaying(heavily) and playing RPGs for ages. If you still need a sensible player, feel free to drop me a PM. I have open availability on weekends and week nights.

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <11-29-12/1747:29> »
Yep id be interested. I like a gm you can come up with a charecter with. Weekends and afternoons for me too. Or weekends/evenings uk time :p