NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3480 on: <04-29-17/1841:44> »
>>>>>[ There was.  They interfered; they are no longer amongst the living, or even the intact.  That one of the targets on the 27th worked for Horizon ... I will presume was immaterial to my purposes.  Otherwise my list will get longer instead of shorter.
          One more to go here.  Mirikon, if you can ask the woman whom I took diving with the meistersingers if she's available for the next month, I would ask the same of you.  One of my targets is extraplanar. ]<<<<<
          -- Shugyōsha (18:41:52/04-29-2079)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3481 on: <04-29-17/2235:42> »
>>>>>[I have passed your request on. There are some... scheduling conflicts she is attempting to resolve, but will contact you if she becomes free. As for myself, I am afraid that it would be contrary to my standing in the spirit world if I aided in the permanent termination of a spirit, especially a free spirit. As a follower of a possession tradition, I hope you understand that I must always work for positive relations with the astral community. If your purpose is not the permanent slaying of the spirit, then I am agreeable to aiding you. Even if otherwise, if the spirit poses a grave enough threat to the worlds, then I may agree. Message me in private, if you are willing to share information on the target.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (22:34:23/04-29-2079)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #3482 on: <04-30-17/1431:37> »
>>>>> [ . . . . I was going to suggest that part of the objective is about the people likely to replace the assassinated targets in their (former) positions, but that tidbit about an extraplanar target sort of upsets that theory. Maybe. I'm not up on astral/metaplanar give-and-take, so someone with better info can perhaps fill in a blank or two. That said, Shugyōsha has apparently done legwork sufficient for his purposes, as well as whoever else is looking through scopes recently.] <<<<<

-- Longshot (14:20:42/04-30-79)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3483 on: <04-30-17/1632:44> »
>>>>> [ I hope Shugyōsha as an exit strategy.  He's gone to be enemy number one at more than one megacorp.  I know Horizon doesn't take it well when a Dawkins team dissapears. ] <<<<<

-- Black Panther (22:32:15/04-30-79)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3484 on: <04-30-17/2359:02> »
>>>>>[ Then they should not send their teams into a situation with which they are unfamiliar - or permit their teams to initiate an engagement against a superior opponent.  If, after receiving the assembled dossier, the Consensus is in agreement with the actions of their employee, then my life and the existence and liberty of my Bonded are all in critical jeopardy.  While I will not initiate engagement on this matter, should they do so, I will take it as a declaration of intent, and expand my engagement portfolio accordingly.
          And then Horizon will have a significant change in leadership, because the members of the Consensus are neither as anonymous nor as invulnerable as they believe themselves to be.
          I trust, however, that their examination of the dossier will permit them to acknowledge that her actions were unwarranted, and disavow them as being unbecoming of Horizon support.  This has been the reaction at every other significant megacorporation with which my targets have been associated.  It helps that I was not the initiator of the crime, and that their eliminations are ... justice.
          One moment.
          ** Feed Break: 36s. **
          There; finished for Seattle.  I always knew he'd try to run, I just hadn't been certain as to when.
          Mirikon, your reputation is something I'm counting on to assist us with reinforcements; you can have the rescue mission part.  Your wife and I should be able to handle the entity in question, who is to blame for imprisoning, and attempting eradication of, the 'close acquaintance' I brought to your wedding - the 'young person with a very old soul', as the Wyrm put it.  You get to rescue her; your wife and I will make the point to any who care to learn about it that such actions among others of their own kind are Not Tolerated. So at the end of it, you might improve in status. For myself, I'm willing to take any potential damage to my reputation in order to effect her rescue and the destruction of the one who has captured, imprisoned, and tortured her. ]<<<<<
          -- Shugyōsha (23:58:52/04-30-2079)
« Last Edit: <07-16-17/0031:34> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3485 on: <05-01-17/1014:06> »
>>>>>[That is acceptable. I will make the preparations for an extended jaunt into the astral. Shark will be pleased.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (10:13:23/05-01-17)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3486 on: <05-02-17/2321:18> »
>>>>>[ I would say 'well, he was surprisingly amenable', but it wasn't like I didn't set up the situation with a very hard stick and a very juicy carrot.  "When dealing with dragons, appeal to both their pride and their greed."  I'm glad; even though I don't like Denver, there is an innocent or two still living here.
          Mirikon, tickets for the Dynamic Duo should be in your in-box - first-class HCST from Sea-Tac to Manila, with directions for dropping off 'necessary items' for shipping.  They're open-ended tickets, so when you two are ready - though my tasks in Denver will take me, I think, until Saturday, perhaps Sunday, so you have a few days' wiggle room.
          If, incidentally, your spouse is on assignment for her boss, please let me know, and I can ask my supervisor to talk with her supervisor; it should expidite her availability. ]<<<<<
            -- Shugyōsha (23:20:12/05-02-2079)
Pananagutan & End/Line

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3487 on: <05-14-17/1159:22> »
>>>>> [ Does someone knows a mage in LA or surroundings who's good with astral recon?  The idiot we had managed to piss off some Pueblo cops and came up second best. ] <<<<<

-- Black Panther (18:00:09/05-14-79)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #3488 on: <06-12-17/0142:36> »
>>>>> [Well, this is a relief. I was thinking someone had objected to this board 'with extreme prejudice,' as it were.] <<<<<

-- Longshot (01:40:15/06-12-79)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3489 on: <06-12-17/0324:30> »
>>>>> [Well, this is a relief. I was thinking someone had objected to this board 'with extreme prejudice,' as it were.] <<<<<

-- Longshot (01:40:15/06-12-79)

>>>>> [ A lot of people object all right, but most know better than to do anything about it.  Better the host you know than having to look for it again.  It was either a glitch or someone without much sense, as pissing of a group like this isn't a good idea.  I have some feelers out to see what it was, but so far no luck. ] <<<<<

-- Black Panther (09:25:19/06-12-79)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #3490 on: <06-17-17/0812:55> »
>>>>> [Ya know, just before the board went down, I was hearing about an Azzie covert ops . . . unit? player? . . . in town supposedly about those sniper shots. No claims on those too, that I've heard.]

-- Longshot (08:08:51/06-17-79)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3491 on: <07-16-17/0041:10> »
>>>>>[ If you are speaking about the sniper shots, those were me - as I have previously stated.
          The extraplanar walkabout had a couple of annoying twists, but it is pleasing to see what results one can get when one has achieved a certain reputation, for competence, courtesy, and ruthlessness. ]<<<<<
          -- Shugyōsha (12:41:08/07-16-2079)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #3492 on: <07-17-17/0722:14> »
>>>>> [Nah, the Azzie whoever-it-is was supposedly in town to chase down the sniper. Could be complete drek - usual shadow rumour. On the other hand . . . forewarned, forearmed, all that noise.] <<<<<

-- Longshot (07:18:50/07-17-79)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #3493 on: <03-28-18/0540:58> »
>>>>>[I was going to put something asking about strangest opposition combinations ever seen, but I have no idea if it'll get read. Seriously, anybody out there keeping an eye on this board?!]<<<<<

-- Longshot
(02:40:49/03-28-80)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3494 on: <03-28-18/0727:00> »
>>>>> [ It has been very quiet up here, that's for sure.  But with all the problems the board has had in the past months, not really all that much of a surprise.  Maybe now people will start coming back. ] <<<<<

-- Black Panther (13:28:11/03-28-80)