NEWS

What really happened to?

• 107 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #30 on: <08-07-13/1842:53> »
Just remember that sometimes 'random' gang violence isn't really random at all, and when you know someone is looking for dragons (or their agents), it is a good idea to send something else after them. No matter how good he is as an individual, he's not an IE, so a group of Halloweeners on a 'random' ride through his part of town all 'randomly' targetting him would stand a good shot of taking him down.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <08-07-13/1902:52> »
I was surprised to see that Dragonslayer was said to have been killed in gang violence - an unusual way for an anti-dragon crusader to go out.
It's not the bullet with your name on it that you have to worry about, it is the one marked "To Whom It May Concern".
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <08-08-13/0040:28> »
- What happened to Kyle Teller? Did he ever appear in another book? Did he find his wife and kid in --one way or another? I hoped he would get a mention when Anne Ravenheart got her entry in Street Legends Supplemental, but unfortunately nothing.
Never been covered.

- What happened to Jason Two-Spirits? Last time I read about him was in Target: UCAS, where he and the rest of the Sanctum refugees are said to have simply vanished when Ares started using Strain III-Beta in Chicago. What that ever explained?
He supposedly reappeared when alchera began appearing during Year of the Comet. Then he disappeared and was recently seen in Feral Cities meeting twice with the head of the Astral Space Preservation Society head researcher in Chicago.

- Is it me or is Chicago's creepy ex-mayor Jerome Standish could be an early Shedim?
Eh ... Probably not.

Archone

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <08-26-13/0258:43> »
What became of Thomas Roxborough? I know he was left trapped in an UV node based on Wonderland, but did he ever get out/get finished off?

Nadja Daviar and Ryan Mercury. What became of Mercury in particular, after they stopped the Horrors? I'm curious as to the life/freedom expectancy of a known drake.

Wolfgang Kies and Doctor Raven, what became of them?

Bandit and his sister, what about them?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <08-26-13/0331:51> »
Mercury, at least, is with the Draco Foundation as part of their effort to provide shelter/sanctuary to drakes who don't want to be stuck with the dragons.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #35 on: <08-26-13/0339:45> »
Nadja Daviar and Ryan Mercury. What became of Mercury in particular, after they stopped the Horrors? I'm curious as to the life/freedom expectancy of a known drake.

Daviar is back in the spotlight since a couple of books. She has a detailed entry in Street Legends, and is featured in several pieces of fiction and scenarios (the most recent being, I think, Sacrificial Lamb). I get the impression she's more ruthless than before, with an agenda that has yet to be fully revealed but seem to involve wrestling control of Ares from Damien Knight, and having tons of "fake Nadjas" impersonating her all around the Sixth World. She is quickly becoming a major player in current Shadowrun metaplots.
Mercury gets a couple of mentions here and there. for instance in Nadja's aforementioned Street Legends entry. He spent years searching from Daviar after she disappeared who-knows-where, before choosing to become a leader to the drakes. He's still working at the Draco Foundation, overseeing a program to create a safe haven for drakes. His lieutenant (and fellow drake) Azadeh is also, to quote the book, his "current significant other". However Nadja can still count on his support in case of need.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <08-26-13/1304:50> »
Daviar and the Nadjas had a falling out after the events of one of the adventures in Corporate Intrigue. There was a lot more to them that I never got to cover. We'll see how that goes.

No one, at least not the IEs he's dealt with, have an idea of how long Mercury may live because naturally-born drakes are relatively new creatures. He's also covered along with the drakes who work with him in Ten Merc.

Roxy is ... around. He left Aztechnology and took control of Universal Omnitech.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #37 on: <08-26-13/2159:38> »
Roxy still being around is something that surprised me. Wasn't he permanently hooked up to the Matrix? Shouldn't the Crash have gotten him?

Who I'm also interested about is the Mayan Cutter, the original and copycats. Did the original die during a con game or did KE kill him offscreen? Also how many times will the copycat come back now that it's in it's current form? 
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <08-27-13/0232:54> »
Ask Bull.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #39 on: <08-27-13/2305:03> »
Ask Bull.

I'd rather not take a cannon round to the face.  :-\  No idea on the original?
la vida no vale nada

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #40 on: <08-28-13/0253:56> »
When did Rox get stuck in his box by Alice?

And do you think the only reason he hasn't gone nuts like most brains in a jar is because that jar of himself has enough essence to ward off all the mental problems of full cyborgs/cyberzombies? But of course, he could just be a special snowflake. But it might make some sense on why he'd hang out in his jar rather than go full cyborg if that jar keeps him sane.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #41 on: <08-30-13/0802:23> »
Who I'm also interested about is the Mayan Cutter, the original and copycats. Did the original die during a con game or did KE kill him offscreen? Also how many times will the copycat come back now that it's in it's current form?
Copycat Killer is the first CMP that I am aware of in the Mayan Cutter line. In that, he's been dead for a short while now, he died when Tosh tried to arrest him. Copycat Killer is the first copycat, Silver Platter has you chase his boss, then Carbon Copy is a rewrite with the wife added as hostage (a tiny bit poorly truth be told) as the Copycat Killer is back through Sybil.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #42 on: <08-30-13/0955:41> »
Ask Bull.

I'd rather not take a cannon round to the face.  :-\  No idea on the original?
The reason he said to ask Bull is because Bull's the Missions Coordinator, and he has/had a huge hand in the Mayan Cutter arc. He knows what the deal is.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #43 on: <08-30-13/1000:50> »
Okay to clarify, did the original really die to KE or was he killed by runners canonically and how did the copycat get "cloned by the sybil virus? I know Bull would know best but can/will he tell as it's possibly giving up huge spoilers.
la vida no vale nada

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #44 on: <08-30-13/1106:07> »
There is nothing in the Copycat Killer material suggesting the Mayan Cutter did not meet his end the way he did, which was after Knight Errant doing some proper detective work and tracing him within the month where Lone Star didn't care and failed for two years.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!