Register Register

Author Topic: Shadowland/Jackpoint Members List (Updated 11/12/15)  (Read 50363 times)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
Re: Shadowland/Jackpoint Members List (Updated 11/12/15)
« Reply #270 on: (18:02:19/11-12-15) »
Oh my. That's a lot of books!

I have an odd favor to ask, when you dig back in... could you possibly split the Shadowtalkers into "Pre-5th" and "Post-5th" piles? Most of them are obvious, but the ones who are no longer around after 5th ed I'd like to keep a bit different than the current crop. Help track down proper voices. :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
    • Coming soon!
« Reply #271 on: (20:20:29/11-12-15) »
Easiest way is to just break it at Coyotes/Assassin's Primer. Those were the first "in-universe" books published when 5th came out. In-universe time would be around September 2075.

As for labeling it in the documents? I'd rather not, because then we'd want to label 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st as well. And it's tough to keep track sometimes. For instance, The Chromed Accountant was not posting for quite a while, then just came back up in Hard Targets. And where would the posters in Shadowrun 2050 fall?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #272 on: (21:05:35/11-12-15) »
Coyote/Assassin would be good, yeah.

Mainly I wanted "People who posted in 5th" and then "Those who haven't" in two parts. That way I could cheat and check the 5th list for people when I draw a blank. :D

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: (23:17:58/11-12-15) »
Hrmph.

I used to maintain a spreadsheet of which JackPointers commented in which books.

Lorebane24

• Chummer
« Reply #274 on: (00:55:33/01-30-16) »
Is there a list of which Shadowland BBS posters are still alive in 2076/2077?  I'd really like to surprise the veteran in my new group by sticking one or two of them in our campaign.
You don't ACTUALLY have to conserve ammo.  It's dirt cheap!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
    • VU93 Writeup for The Wyrm Ouroboros
« Reply #275 on: (06:48:09/01-30-16) »
Not currently, though you can skim some of the opening bits and bobs in various books - I thought Run Faster had a 'all these guys bought the farm only last month' or something, but it wasn't that.

Unless they're especially significant (e.g. The Big D, Fastjack, Captain Chaos, Hatchetman), you can always drop a name or three, see if they notice.  And in general, you don't have to absolutely keep to canon, eh?  'The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated,' and all.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

EiraHaexa

• Omae
  • Writer For Hire
Re: Shadowland/Jackpoint Members List (Updated 8/10/11)
« Reply #276 on: (18:31:11/07-26-16) »
The only thing worse than all of that, jonathanc, would be something totally evil. Like Flesh-form Insect spirits inhabiting highly trained covert ops soldiers from Knight Errant or Ares.

I've said too much.

What I've got planned for my stories is truly vile. Far more vile than flesh form insect spirits.

Poor poor Harlequin. -maniacal cackle-

...I scare myself sometimes.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Ghost Rigger

• Chummer
« Reply #277 on: (13:17:41/02-04-17) »
Is there any of these lists that include each poster's "deal"? Like, what there archetype is and any other notable information about them (Red being a vampire, for instance). I think that streetsams are a minority among jackpoint and shadowland posters, but I'm not sure and would like to look at the demographics.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #278 on: (14:06:12/02-05-17) »
Is there any of these lists that include each poster's "deal"? Like, what there archetype is and any other notable information about them (Red being a vampire, for instance). I think that streetsams are a minority among jackpoint and shadowland posters, but I'm not sure and would like to look at the demographics.

There's one for "backstage", but not for the public, I don't think. Mind you, I'd be interested in seeing what people could piece together! There are always odd bits that someone trots out that wind up quietly being kicked under the couch (like Clockwork having a pet feral AI sprite!) but he majority of stuff stays solid.

And, yes, there's a shortage of gunbunnies and samurai on JackPoint.

And, lord-a-mercy, are there a bajillion magicians.