NEWS

Conspiracy Theories bring the crazy--it's out now!

• 108 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <11-30-11/1113:52> »
SAMs, don't leave home without them.
Will a SAM lock onto a Biological?
Give me time!
*Looks out the window and gives some covering fire*  You got about fifteen seconds.  At best.

I'm a Marine, I only need 10  8)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #91 on: <11-30-11/1119:46> »
And this is why we have rockets that detonate on impact. Point and shoot, no need to worry about guidance systems.

As for ones that do have guidance, radar is iffy, don't know what the bug's crossection would look like. However, laser designated targeting systems work fine on bugs, and heat-seakers may work. And then there's always the Heimdall. A rigged missile.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #92 on: <11-30-11/1128:40> »
Nothing better than kicking things off by the team picking up an adorable little baby that goos ... then pops its jaws as a pair of mandables slides out and snaps in the air.
"A face even a mother wouldn't love."  *Shotgun Blast To The Face*  "That's better."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #93 on: <11-30-11/1214:24> »
Nothing better than kicking things off by the team picking up an adorable little baby that goos ... then pops its jaws as a pair of mandables slides out and snaps in the air.
"A face even a mother wouldn't love."  *Shotgun Blast To The Face*  "That's better."
"Listen, Rick. You can't just go around killing every kid you don't like the look of!"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #94 on: <11-30-11/1509:51> »
"Listen, Rick. You can't just go around killing every kid you don't like the look of!"
"Fine, you do your talkie-talkie bit with the next one that tries to eat you.  Me, I'm doing gun control.  To me, that means hitting what you aim at."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #95 on: <12-11-11/1724:04> »
Well, I had to do it. I needed the laugh. The Gnats of Doom are officially (unofficially) statted up and on my blog if you're interested in stupid, silly, NPC bad guys.

http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/40696.html

Enjoy.
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <12-22-11/0517:06> »
I should probably finish that Anne Penchyk writeup, at least for internal consumption.

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #97 on: <01-08-12/0511:57> »
What bugs me aboutt he book is the "Bubbling to the Surface"-chapter: its introduction is written by Snopes, but the single theories aren't written with his voice all the time - should it have been that other posters like Plan 9 should have written them, but it just got mixed up?

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #98 on: <02-18-12/0256:24> »
What are HEADS? Mentioned in the DeeCee-chapter, but no explanation given (it's a common of pattern of James Meiers to use acronyms wihtout explaining them....).

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <02-18-12/0924:55> »
Homeland Enforcement And Defense. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies info box. Page 122.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #100 on: <02-18-12/1222:02> »
I kind of wish Match had survived that bit of fiction.  I liked the silly bastard, the more I wrote of him.

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #101 on: <02-19-12/0541:13> »
I should probably finish that Anne Penchyk writeup, at least for internal consumption.

I always thought:

[spoiler]She was a Mantis Spirit post-Super Tuesday/Shadows of the Underworld, and that the Empowerment Coalition was just a posh front for such things, but I've never been able to find anything to that effect in Loose Alliances or whatever.  Did I just imagine the whole thing?[/spoiler]
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <02-19-12/0749:03> »
She's still an ork in Shadows of the Underworld. Anyway, that's why she needed the writeup. There are questions about what the EC is doing, and what role the mantids play into it.

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #103 on: <02-19-12/1026:33> »
Homeland Enforcement And Defense. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies info box. Page 122.

D'oh! Read it, but didn't make the connection.  :-[

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #104 on: <02-19-12/1153:24> »
There are questions about what the EC is doing, and what role the mantids play into it.

In my previous home campaign, I used them as a network of politically-powerful women willingly possessed by Mantis Spirits.  One of the PCs had taken Amnesia, so I gave him the full Manchurian Candidate treatment.  His mother was a UCAS Senator (based on Eleanor Prentis Shaw from the film, and Hillary Rodham Clinton), another member was a major Denver fixer, etc. etc.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile