NEWS

Rep Log

• 93 Replies

ARC

• Omae
« on: <10-06-11/0135:18> »
Hey is there anyway we could find out what posts we are getting smited on?  I am not that interested in knowing who smited me, but if I am saying something offensive or incorrect I would like to know where it is so I can prevent making the same mistakes.
Living the Electronic Dream

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <10-06-11/0754:11> »
This has been discussed many times before. The difficulty is that it requires a great deal of coding on the forums to track this information and that code would inevitably run into issues whenever we do updates to the forum software. Even if we put it into place, it would (probably) only tell you where and who smited you. The why could be something as silly is that they don't like your handle and have nothing to do with what you're saying.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-06-11/1024:09> »
I can respect that.  I just don't particularly care for the fact that I had a pristine rep, then all of a :ave almost the same score negative as I do positive, and have no understanding why. 

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <10-06-11/1114:04> »
Right, people get that (and that's exactly the thing a lot of us have been saying about the rep system, almost since day one). 

The unfortunate thing is there's just not much that can be done without it, without a lot of work and threats to the stability and relatively smooth operation of the forum.  Silly code.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #4 on: <10-06-11/1406:01> »
Meh. I ignore it for the most part. i never give negative, though. Just the occasional thumbs up.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-06-11/1442:43> »
Coding.... bleh makes me want to go kill dreamweaver again.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-06-11/1457:57> »
I just hate that it makes me look like a troll.  I try to avoid causing trouble.  It sometimes happens though.  Oh well.  At least I am not +1/-4 like the guy I was arguing with.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #7 on: <10-06-11/1518:52> »
I think he is much worse now ;)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <10-06-11/1521:13> »
I just hate that it makes me look like a troll.
Don't sweat it, man.  It's what someone says that makes them look like a troll to most forumites, not their rep score.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-06-11/2200:55> »
Who cares what that silly rep system says.  Any real forum member will know you based on your posts, not some score.

Just noticed Critias already said this, so consider this a second.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #10 on: <10-07-11/0258:36> »
A few people that are new to the forums might avoid you based on the Rep score, but those that know you here will have better reasons to avoid you!  :P

Just kidding! I wouldn't take it to heart - as has been said, someone that has a bug in their butt about something can just smite you every time they come onto the forum (every hour, if they like). Hell, they'll probably smite you for worrying about it.

I still think you're alright, kiddo! :-*

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <10-07-11/1222:25> »
Don't sweat it, man.  It's what someone says that makes them look like a troll to most forumites, not their rep score.
Yeah, I mean, hell, look at me!  My rep score is somehow through the roof and, yet, I'm still a dick.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-07-11/1251:53> »
>.> lol makes me want to say ok everyone smite canray! XD

Anyways, no worries I think most of us here have more than a pea sized brain and will think that maybe you just had 1 bad topic or something. Either way nothing you should be too conserned over but i would feel the same if i just suddenly got a bunch of negative for mostly no reason. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <10-07-11/1547:11> »
Yeah, I mean, hell, look at me!  My rep score is somehow through the roof and, yet, I'm still a dick.  :P
It's because you're mostly harmless. ;)

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #14 on: <10-07-11/1548:22> »
Mostly.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator