NEWS

Question on Gas-Vent Systems

• 19 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #15 on: <02-15-11/0000:52> »
That second picture looks more like the standoff tip for a door breaching shotgun system.

-k

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #16 on: <02-15-11/0753:52> »
I've only ever seen a door breaching shotgun in pictures.  Though I have seen an M203 used to unhinge doors with the jumbo buckshot rounds.

Outsider

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-15-11/1811:53> »
Question. Is the gas vent supposed to be a flash suppressor/ muzzle break? Or is it something totally different?
There are two things cheap in life. A plane ticket and piano wire.

V zhizne tolko dve veshi bivayut deshoviye: bilet na samolet i struna dla pianino.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #18 on: <02-15-11/1922:25> »
It's a muzzle brake, or some more advanced variant thereof.  Can't use it with any kind of suppressor, actually.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #19 on: <02-15-11/2141:59> »
Question. Is the gas vent supposed to be a flash suppressor/ muzzle break? Or is it something totally different?
Muzzle breaks/gas vents are actually the opposite of a flash suppressor.  Everyone around you knows when you fired as well because it works by venting the gases to help counteract recoil, that whole Newton's 3rd Law dealio. 

gas vent = bigger flash + more debris moved