NEWS

cyber limbs question regarding character creation

• 37 Replies

Shadowstep

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <02-04-11/2118:27> »

If, later on, the sammy wanted to improve the enhancements in her left arm (the right arm's full), she could not buy more than 1 in Strength or 3 in Body without also getting a cybertorso (required to get an enhancement of +4 or more). If she did this, she could get up to 1 Agility, 2 Strength, or 4 Body. Any higher would put her over her augmented maximum of 9, which is one of those "no you can't" areas.

As far as I've seen, that rule seems to only apply to non-customized cyber limbs. Let me know if I'm reading it wrong.

Standard limbs: These prosthetics are basic off-the-shelf models.
All standard cyberlimbs come with Body, Strength, and Agility attributes
of 3. These values can only be augmented by cyberlimb enhancements.
On standard cyberlimbs, a cybertorso is required to have
cyberlimb enhancements with a rating higher than 3.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <02-04-11/2205:25> »
Augmented Maximum is the absolute maximum of all bonuses. Even the Exceptional Attribute and Genetic Optimization bonuses don't let you go over the maximum, but raise the maximum.

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #17 on: <02-04-11/2323:46> »
As far as I've seen, that rule seems to only apply to non-customized cyber limbs. Let me know if I'm reading it wrong.
No, looks like you're right; it's one of those not-so-obvious things that requires a little reading into the text to spot.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Morg

« Reply #18 on: <02-05-11/0016:51> »
Thank you for putting the mental image of a troll with Exc. Att and GenOp (Str) in my head, allowing him to get to an 18 Str.

Oh, and my players thank you as well. ;)
I am sure I have something to even give you cold sweats Jack...check this

Quote from: Augmentation pg 158 subheading Unnatural Vigor
once a body has been pushed beyond death, pushing its metahuman limits is comparatively simple. To reflect this superhuman power, add the total number of essence points below zero (rounded down) the cyberzombie possesses to all its maximum natrual attribute values...The maximum augmented attribute values are also increased accordingly

The cyberzombe troll with the 27 Str don't forget to add cyberspurs and the martial arts style Ars Cybernetica

question about the optional rule of redlineing your cyberlimb (pg 44 augmentation) if they don't use it in readline mode for the entire combat round do they take the damage?

I could just Picture the Phear o' Gawd it would invoke if i pulsed the cybertrolls limbs into redline and back before he is damaged so I can throw trucks at them with a str of 54 (extra IP required for that trick)
thoughts?
« Last Edit: <02-05-11/0252:25> by Morg »

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-05-11/0330:25> »
I would not let someone get around the redlining rules by doing it for less than a combat turn - that would, in my opinion, open the door to a lot of abuses, and not be in the spirit of that rule.  I would read the rule more strictly and literally - you take damage for each combat turn in which you redline a limb; it doesn't state that the limb needs to be redlined for that entire combat round.

On the question of cyberlimb enhancements to customized cyberlimbs, pg. 44 states "Use the standard cyberlimb rules as described on p. 335, SR4, unless otherwise noted."  The page number will no doubt be different for SR4A, but it is still obvious that customized cyberlimbs use the same rules for enhancements that standard ones do.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-05-11/0744:05> »
Thank you for putting the mental image of a troll with Exc. Att and GenOp (Str) in my head, allowing him to get to an 18 Str.

Dont forget the Metagenetic enchament (Str)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Wraith235

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <02-05-11/0817:33> »
Genetic Optimization (agi).1ess
CyberArm Left         .9ess
Cyberarm Right      .9ess
Cyberleg Left         .9ess
Cyberleg Right                .9ess
Cybertorso(                1.35ess
Synaptic boosters(2)         .5ess
Synch                           .15ess
Cybereyes(Alpha)(1)    .14ess
Pain Editor          .15 ess

.01 essence left

JUrban explorers jumpsuit    (6/6)   
Form-fitting body armor          +(6/2)   

all 5 limbs had 4 armor for a grand total of 32/28 + enuf Body through Natural / Limbs to get a 9 body (41 dice to resist damage)
 ... total of 18 physical damage boxes 10 stun (and didnt go unconcious due to pain editor)

Sure ... its a nich ... but when its this much of one .... its a mighty good niche

« Last Edit: <02-05-11/0825:21> by Wraith235 »

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-05-11/0840:29> »
And you still drop like a fly when a mage cast a stun bolt on you. 
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Morg

« Reply #23 on: <02-05-11/1016:30> »
that's why I vote cyberzombie...anyone know what the cost on a FAB III chem grenade is?

Wraith235

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <02-05-11/1303:04> »
And you still drop like a fly when a mage cast a stun bolt on you.

only if they do 28 damage to me ni 1 shot

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #25 on: <02-05-11/1324:18> »
Sorry, Wraith235. If he gets hit with a Stunbolt, it's all Stun damage and you're using Willpower to resist the spell. Body doesn't even figure into the equation.

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <02-05-11/1537:21> »
I think he's talking about the pain editor.  If the pain editor is on, then the mage would have to fill up the cyborg's stun track, and then fill up his physical track.  Of course, he would need the restricted gear quality to have a pain editor in the first place.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #27 on: <02-05-11/1726:33> »
@Morg
I wondered that nobody came up with that CZ on the first page...
Now think about a Fomori Changeling (with Metagenetic Qualities as Geneware) with genetic optimization in all his Attributes. And than -6 Essence as CZ and customized full body replacements. Okay the guy would cost as much as an Army itself, but he would be the Bad Ass!

And a cherry on the top: Redlining! (see AU, p. 44)
 8)

Edit: If you prefer a more freaky way replace the Fomori with a Centaur and give him 6-cyberarms...
« Last Edit: <02-05-11/1730:53> by Ultra Violet »

Wraith235

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <02-05-11/1916:11> »
I think he's talking about the pain editor.  If the pain editor is on, then the mage would have to fill up the cyborg's stun track, and then fill up his physical track.  Of course, he would need the restricted gear quality to have a pain editor in the first place.

sorry this was the end result also Armor (4) needs restricted gear quality as well but ya

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #29 on: <02-08-11/0642:52> »

Dont forget the Metagenetic enchament (Str)

...and then he got infected with HMHVV-III...