NEWS

Shadowrun missions synopsis

• 7 Replies

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <01-21-18/0848:57> »
Hi folks,
I am looking for a synopsis of all shadowrun missions seasons, but I could not find that on the web.
Could anyone point me to such a description, or sum them up for me?
thanks in advance
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-21-18/1443:32> »
There's a list of Missions in this thread:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26511.0

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-22-18/0539:02> »
Thanks, that's a good start, but I would like to have a minimum data about each season:
   - where does it take place?
   - which missions are linked? (it is only specified for season 4)
   - what is it about?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-04-18/1204:15> »
Well, in very big picture view seasons 5-7 are about the inexorable taming of Chicago's Containment Zone. 

I've read elsewhere on the forum that the next season of SRM will be set in Neo-Tokyo, so I presume the Chicago storyline is near concluded.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-06-18/1614:28> »
Thanks, that's a good start

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-06-18/1651:58> »
Season 1: Takes place in Seattle, the primary story consists of an up-and-coming new rival to DocWagon, many missions relate in some way to that...

Season 2: Takes place in Denver, I don't know the story off-hand, but I believe it relates to the crime syndicates in Denver and features challenges based on the difficulty of operating in the independent districts.

Season 3: New York. Relates a lot of missions to the various corporations that operate in Manhattan which is heavily corporate controlled. There is a Neo-Anarchist subplot as the various corps have you do things in/around the city.

Season 4: Seattle. There are two major plot-lines. Ork Underground and Artifact Rush. In the Ork Underground missions (odd numbered ones) you work various jobs related to the up-coming vote about whether or not the Ork Underground should become an actual district of Seattle. The Artifacts Rush missions (even numbered ones) relate to searching out various magical artifacts and returning them to one of the corps/organizations that have an interest in them.

Seasons 5-8 are Chicago, the Neo-Tokyo storyline will be starting with Season 9 which will premier at Origins this year.

If you are interested in knowing the basics of the Chicago storyline, you can read up a brief synopsis of the themes present in those missions in the SRM FAQ. It does a better job than I could explaining it.

And yes, there is a conclusion to that storyline in Season 8.
« Last Edit: <02-06-18/1659:47> by Kiirnodel »

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-07-18/1138:49> »
Thanks a lot Kiirnodel, that's exactly what I was looking for.
I need to get the SRM FAQ now :-)

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-07-18/1700:24> »
There are several places to get it, but it's primarily stored on Dropbox. There is a link to it over in the SRM thread section.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26715.msg492663#msg492663

That's the announcement post, and there is probably something similar on the SRM Facebook page if the forums go down.