NEWS

Question raised by Forbidden Arcana

• 1 Replies

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« on: <05-08-17/2317:46> »
So read though Forbidden Arcane (and thanks to all of you who worked on it!) and found so many awesome things that I'll soon be taking for my mage but it did raise a question. In Street Grimoire, metamagics got broken into schools that also had rituals and techniques and the like attached to them that you could take once you initiated and chose an option from the school. None of the metamagics in Forbidden Arcane are linked to one of the schools in Street Grimoire that I can tell. Are they just free floating and not linked, or has the idea of the schools been done away with as anything more then thematic.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-09-17/0804:09> »
I believe nothing has changed about Street Grimoire.
But, just like some Metamagics in the Core Book, the few Metamagics in Forbidden Arcana have not been assigned to any specific school.
However, I believe Tarot-Summoning and Hapsum-Do offer quite a strong hook for both role play and specialization.
And roleplay is kind of the key here, as those "schools" of magic were even less rigid than magical traditions; Unless it specifically said so, you didn't necessarily initiate in that order or follow the laid out course strictly.
After all, most characters in SR5 don't really have a background of attending a magic course in a prestigious university.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.