NEWS

Weapon mount clarification

• 7 Replies

Rooks

• Omae
« on: <04-16-17/0339:41> »
so if I install a weapon mount using the vehicle rules in rigger 5.0 how many rounds of ammo does it have? the standard for the weapon and its clip or is it assume its a belt fed 100 round belt of ammo or is it only belt fed if I take the ammo bin as well?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-16-17/0357:14> »
It's pretty clearly stated: You get your one magazine full of bullets unless you use the rules mentioned there to convert it to a belt fed weapon.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-16-17/0802:06> »
so if I install a weapon mount using the vehicle rules in rigger 5.0 how many rounds of ammo does it have? the standard for the weapon and its clip or is it assume its a belt fed 100 round belt of ammo or is it only belt fed if I take the ammo bin as well?

No not really...

Any weapon mounted on a drone uses the weapon’s
normal ammunition limits, rather than the expanded
version of a vehicle’s.

Which of course the book seems to fail to mention

Navigator

• Errata Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-16-17/1404:56> »
I cross-referenced the Core Book Mounts and "Ammo Bins" on Pg. 159 of Rigger 5.0, and came to the following conclusions sans errata

Vehicle Light Mounts come with a magazine of 250 rounds. For simplicity's sake.
Vehicle Standard Mounts still come with a magazine of 250 rounds.
Vehicle Heavy Mounts still come with a magazine of 500 rounds or BOD rockets/missiles.

Heavy used to count as 2 mounts and had double ammo, so a full reload would take 2 Ammo Bins.
There doesn't seem to be a way to increase your missile count RAW. I'd go with Ammo Bin adds BOD/2 missiles.

Go figure Lasers out yourselves :P
Avatar copyright of Tracy J. Butler of lackadaisycats.com

"I said Pilot-Navigator. I'm not some amateur playing with drones."

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-16-17/2256:09> »

Go figure Lasers out yourselves :P

It runs off the engine- i.e. unlimited ammo.
Unless of course you have a throwback, gas only engine
In which case, don't use a laser weapon

Navigator

• Errata Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <04-17-17/0734:29> »
That's fine until you're outside GridGuide limits and the unlimited "petrol" that comes with it.

Non-urban runners that aren't having their "petrol" tank hand-waved would want to know how their lasers impact vehicle operational time and how Suncell or Ammo Bins might counteract that. Seeing as we have crunch options that relate to operational time already.

It's a niche issue to be sure, and probably just better hand-waved.
Avatar copyright of Tracy J. Butler of lackadaisycats.com

"I said Pilot-Navigator. I'm not some amateur playing with drones."

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-17-17/1041:08> »

No not really...

Any weapon mounted on a drone uses the weapon’s
normal ammunition limits, rather than the expanded
version of a vehicle’s.

Which of course the book seems to fail to mention

If we're talking just Rigger 5 then the rules do mention that drones with weapon mounts using the optional drone modding rules uses the weapons normal ammo limits. It's right there on page 125. The standard modding rules do not  even say how many rounds of ammo a weapon mount carries although the ammo bin mod holds  250.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-17-17/1202:06> »
Course if you got suncell improved economy that quadruples operation time then multigrade engine makes it so any raw material can be used as fuel there by making operation time unlimited provided you have something as fuel considering the world is made up of a lot of somethings