NEWS

Astral Projection and Non-Mages: Possible?

• 7 Replies

Nightmaster

• Newb
« on: <04-05-17/1451:11> »
I have searched didnt found anything on it.

Can mages/shamans take non-mages on astral travel with then? Is it even possible in some way?

Any feedback is welcome

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-05-17/1520:23> »
Chrome Flesh p. 187

SHADE
Vector: Inhalation
Speed: Immediate
Duration: Essence + 1D6 hours, maximum 12 hours
Addiction Type: Psychological
Effect: Astral projection Exotic Ingredient: A natural herbal radical of pollen from the red orchid of Southeast Asia. This compound forces the user, even a mundane, to astrally project. This grants all users, including mundanes, access to the metaplanes if they are in the company of a spirit guide or initiate. At the end of the duration, the user suffers 10 boxes of Stun damage (unresisted). Characters must return to their bodies before the duration ends or they die. Shade allows Awakened users to retain their astral form longer than normal, adding the duration of the drug to their normal astral time.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Tym Jalynsfein

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-05-17/1558:24> »
Also Astral Gateway Spirit Power...
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Nightmaster

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-05-17/1600:30> »
Thanks for the replies that helps a lot

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-05-17/2120:17> »
Astral rifts as well, though they send you straight to the metaplanes.

Also Harlequin uses a ritual during the dragon heart saga to send himself and a whole group of runners to the metaplanes, I don't think it's ever been specified which ritual it is though.  I believe he uses a similar method in one of the published adventures but I'm not 100 % sure about that.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #5 on: <04-06-17/0915:03> »
Astral rifts as well, though they send you straight to the metaplanes.

Also Harlequin uses a ritual during the dragon heart saga to send himself and a whole group of runners to the metaplanes, I don't think it's ever been specified which ritual it is though.  I believe he uses a similar method in one of the published adventures but I'm not 100 % sure about that.

In "Harlequin's Back" he takes an entire party into the astral, and then sends them on a jaunt through the meta-planes.  No description of how he does this, and it is noted in there something to the effect of:  his magic is from an earlier age, and does not follow the rules as laid out in SR.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-06-17/0922:42> »
Chrome Flesh p. 187

SHADE
Vector: Inhalation
Speed: Immediate
Duration: Essence + 1D6 hours, maximum 12 hours
Addiction Type: Psychological
Effect: Astral projection Exotic Ingredient: A natural herbal radical of pollen from the red orchid of Southeast Asia. This compound forces the user, even a mundane, to astrally project. This grants all users, including mundanes, access to the metaplanes if they are in the company of a spirit guide or initiate. At the end of the duration, the user suffers 10 boxes of Stun damage (unresisted). Characters must return to their bodies before the duration ends or they die. Shade allows Awakened users to retain their astral form longer than normal, adding the duration of the drug to their normal astral time.
Use in a gas grenade for maximum effectiveness and hilarity.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-06-17/1044:22> »
Maybe not in a gas grenade, but it's a convenient and sure fire way for a possession tradition mage to get a vessel without the spirit having to content with resistance. Those spray pens from Cutting Aces are ideal: Have your spirit wait in the astral and snatch his body while it's owner is away. Since it's a drug there is no resistance test whatsoever to content with (at least with a mundane victim).
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex