NEWS

How should I build this AI?

• 11 Replies

GunDrake

• Chummer
« on: <03-26-17/2215:46> »
My friend will be running a game sometime. We chose to make our characters prime runners with SUM to 12, because we will be playing shifters and other high stat races and professions. I want to make an AI that is a part time crime scene investigator with a Shamus drone from the Rigger 5 book. We are also part time mercenaries and I am the getaway driver/rigger. What is your advice?

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <03-26-17/2240:57> »
Is there a guide on creating and playing AI characters?

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <03-26-17/2308:14> »
As far as I know, there aren't any resources for chargen AI's. That isn't to say we can't discuss it. Starting off I'd suggest a good Intuition for those fancy Perception checks. Also I'm not sure how you're going to be a getaway "rigger" if your primary vessel is a walker. Presuming you take Pilot Origins you would be limited to one type of vehicle. This would imply you using Control Device to operate an escape car.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <03-26-17/2326:50> »
What should be my priorities, attributes, skills, qualities, programs, and stats? I should buy and slave some Ares Cheetas to a RCC.
« Last Edit: <03-26-17/2330:08> by GunDrake »

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-26-17/2336:07> »
As far as I know, there aren't any resources for chargen AI's. That isn't to say we can't discuss it. Starting off I'd suggest a good Intuition for those fancy Perception checks. Also I'm not sure how you're going to be a getaway "rigger" if your primary vessel is a walker. Presuming you take Pilot Origins you would be limited to one type of vehicle. This would imply you using Control Device to operate an escape car.

You are correct that if he took Pilot origins he'd be limited to jumping into one.
However, if he's 'jumped in' to an anthroform drone he's has an additional way to drive the car that other AIs don't...
He can just physically drive the car with either his own learned skill or an autosoft.
Granted, you don't get the benefits of the control rig.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <03-26-17/2343:32> »
If I take Pilot origins aircraft, can I steal a Krime Wing to use as a home node, getaway vehicle, and drone carrier if I went mercenary/rigger/smuggler instead?

&#24525;

« Reply #6 on: <03-26-17/2359:24> »
Theoretically yes

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-27-17/0000:45> »
What should be my priorities, attributes, skills, qualities, programs, and stats? I should buy and slave some Ares Cheetahs to a RCC.

I just got an idea:
Your home device is the Shamus with an RCC attached.
Buy 1 Cheetah with a saddle per companion.
Run the swarm program on the RCC so they all maneuver with bonuses.
Why ride in a Bulldog when you can own a ten gallon hat and ride upon a cheetah instead?

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <03-27-17/0002:49> »
I have talked to my GM. We are doing a Police officer campaign. My AI is allowed to be a crime scene investigator with a shamus and a few Aries Cheetahs.   

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <03-27-17/0005:19> »
What should be my priorities, attributes, skills, qualities, programs, and stats? I should buy and slave some Ares Cheetahs to a RCC.

I just got an idea:
Why ride in a Bulldog when you can own a ten gallon hat and ride upon a cheetah instead?

Will the Cheetah's be big and strong enough for a human or a shifter in metahuman form?

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-27-17/0115:58> »

I just got an idea:

Will the Cheetah's be big and strong enough for a human or a shifter in metahuman form?
It was joke, but....
RAW
I don't think it's possible
It has 0 mod points and you could downgrade something to get 1 mod point but extra seating or rigger cocoon both require 2 mod points.

A mule has enough mod points to get a seat/cocoon.
However it's speed 1 which means at best you can only get it up to speed 2

It would be nice if they had a slightly faster large quad-walker, but they don't yet.
Unless its in one of the supplements I don't have.

RAI
The cheetah has 4 cyberlegs
They're STR 2
You can increase them to STR 4 (40k total)
4 STR carrying capacity for a quadraped is 80 kilograms.
So in theory you could buy an actual saddle(tailored made- so who knows how much it would cost) which will weigh about 8-9kg.
So an elf or gnome might be able to ride a cheetah... most humans with gear are going to be more than 71kg.

Now, if you use a tiger as a bio-drone, they'd easily carry many non-trolls (avg STR is 5 unaugmented means 200kg, and of course you could always augment their strength)... unfortunately, while there are prices for the rigging augmentation, there are none for the actual animal.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <03-28-17/1636:06> »
I have an Idea. A Pixie mage shooting lighting and riding an Ares Cheetah into combat!