NEWS

Social Rigger Swarm Or Spider Horde Ninja Sex Bot

• 13 Replies

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« on: <03-25-17/1212:04> »
Works for any non-combat action, but for lulz

Vulcan liege lord RCC or similar.  Rating 5 anyway.
I-Doll, Realistic Features 4, Stacking Mortimers and some Black Panther for a +3. 
Every Social Skill Autosoft at 5
Swarm the silly thing to 14 Kanmushi drones, all running Stealth 5 (or Palming maybe?)

So, Pilot 5, Autosoft 5, 3 social mods, so a not terrible 13 8 Dice, +14 from Swarm, 27 22 Dice on Social tests, with a limit of around 20.  Swarm all has 24 dice of Stealth/Palming so the horde of Spiders is fairly well concealed.

Cripes build a RCC with enough Sleaze and whatnot... 24 dice Stealth, no astral signature, the Kanmushi aren't triggering any Alarms, you should be able to get 18ish dice to resist Matrix Perception if you try hard.  Get double digit Noise Reduction and as many Non-combat Autosofts as you can afford.  As long as you never have to roll initiative you're going to stomp any sane opposed or threshold check.  24 Dice on Social skills, Technical Skills, Sneaking, Perception, Hacking.... RAW is anything you can get an Autosoft will basically have a dice pool of 24+ with a Device Rating 5 RCC.

I mean, sure, any player pulling such a stunt should be smacked with a book.  But c'mon.  Jeebus, Swarm is broken.  Sorry I'm late to the Swarm Party, but I never really read it, I had always assumed that it was something sane.  Not "For 14,000 Nuyen your Drones can take a +14 Dice, +14 Limit, on any skill you can get on an Autosoft."  I presume at some point in time some kind of limit will be added?  Treat it like a teamwork test and limit the bonus dice to the Autosoft level or something. 

Okay, rant over, I was fiddling with a Telepresence Rigger concept this morning and thought "Why not be the Face too?" and actually read Swarm specifically looking for the sane limit I had presumed was in there.  Now I get it.  Jack_Spade is correct in that the answer is always Drone Swarms.  Had no idea. 

Edit: Minor Sanity, Drone Autosofts aren't for every Skill in the Game, so shucks only 18 Dice plus whatever gear mods you can find for any Default-able Skill in the game.  Not that any GM would let that happen, but that's the RAW.
« Last Edit: <03-25-17/1244:47> by Hobbes »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-25-17/1235:03> »
All hail the robotic apocalypse swarm  ;D

But for the record, I don't think there are social autosofts besides Perform - at least the list p.127 in Rigger 5 doesn't mention/allow them, (although of course, there are examples of autosofts not mentioned there but in other publications, like Armorer)

For Hacking you need to rely on Agents which can't swarm. With teamwork your total dice bonus is limited to their skill rating of 6, so their dp is limited to a total of 18.

BTW:
The cheapest build to work any kind of technical skill is using a Horizon Little Buddy (2000) Kanmushis (1000 a pop), Swarm (150), Virtual Machine (80), your chosen Autosoft 6 (3000) and either an R1 RCC (1400) or R2 for (8000)

The R1 setup has a total dp of 3+6+2=11 dice, Limit 6, enough to buy hits for an average extended test (total cost 8630)
The R2 setup has a total dp of 3+6+5=14 dice, Limit 9, enough to buy hits for a hard extended test, or with rolling luck a very hard test (total cost 18230)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-25-17/1247:33> »
You can Default on Hacking and Social tests not that any sane GM would allow a Drone Swarm to do such a thing.  But RAW the Dice Pool is there.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-25-17/1252:40> »
Wait, you can default on Hacking?  :o
God damn it, you are right!  8)

Autosofts be damned - a large enough swarm could indeed dominate everything. No wonder CFD can't be contained from the hacking side...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-25-17/1319:20> »
But for the record, I don't think there are social autosofts besides Perform
Is that what the kids are calling sexdoll.autosoft these days?
« Last Edit: <03-25-17/1343:08> by Ghost Rigger »
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-25-17/1344:02> »
But for the record, I don't think there are social autosofts besides Perform
Is that what the kids are calling sexdoll.drnsft these days?

As Jack pointed out, and the Autosoft section of Rigger 5 says, the list in Rigger 5 is not complete.  I gotta think Etiquette (Customer Service) and Negotiation (Pacify Customer) is number 1 and 2 on every Mega's Autosoft R&D list.  And you know Shiawase and probably a few others are working on Con (Seduction) for their Anthro lines for the discerning customer when Perform (Striptease) or [spoiler]Perform (Fellatio/Cunnilingus)[/spoiler] just isn't enough. 

Given that Hacking and Computer skills are available for Agents and as Skillsofts for PCs, there really isn't an in game reason that a Drone couldn't have those skills as Autosofts.  Really there isn't any in game reason to not have Autosofts for every Active Skill as there are Skillsofts for them. 

*Shrug*  anyway.... Swarm.  Broken.  Please Fix.  Thanks.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-25-17/1355:17> »
As Jack pointed out, and the Autosoft section of Rigger 5 says, the list in Rigger 5 is not complete.  I gotta think Etiquette (Customer Service) and Negotiation (Pacify Customer) is number 1 and 2 on every Mega's Autosoft R&D list.  And you know Shiawase and probably a few others are working on Con (Seduction) for their Anthro lines for the discerning customer when Perform (Striptease) or [spoiler]Perform (Fellatio/Cunnilingus)[/spoiler] just isn't enough.
Oh you sweet summer child. Has it not occurred to you that the corps have figured out how to install cybergenitals in drones by now?
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-25-17/1417:40> »
If a Realistic Features 4 I-doll gets the Barbie/Ken Treatment, Synthetic CyberTorso with appropriate Cyber-Genital(s?) and/or Cyber Breasts 2.0 are available as after market add-ons.  (RAW even, Cyber-Torso counts as a Cyberlimb, therefore, all yours for 1 Mod point, and at 1/2 cost)   :P 

Touch-Sensors mod would be theoretically possible, if there was a drone version of them.  The Sixth World is kinky. 

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <03-26-17/0344:56> »
they wouldnt bother they already got simsense programs that you can experience in full vr

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <03-26-17/0754:30> »
they wouldnt bother they already got simsense programs that you can experience in full vr
except for robot fetishist, also a simsense doesn't do any house chores which humanoid robots can.
and going by real-life, sex is what these ultra realistic robots were designed for before anything else....

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-26-17/1954:28> »
If a Realistic Features 4 I-doll gets the Barbie/Ken Treatment, Synthetic CyberTorso with appropriate Cyber-Genital(s?) and/or Cyber Breasts 2.0 are available as after market add-ons.  (RAW even, Cyber-Torso counts as a Cyberlimb, therefore, all yours for 1 Mod point, and at 1/2 cost)   :P 

Touch-Sensors mod would be theoretically possible, if there was a drone version of them.  The Sixth World is kinky.

RAW can bite it on this one.
Torso and head are not  limbs.
Otherwise you you have to avg their AGI and STR in on too many tests.

"Yeah, seriously bro, I had to pay an extra 30000 nuyen so my torso and head could help me climb. But they're still dragging me back 'cause I couldn't afford the extra 39000 to get them up to the level of my arms and legs."

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <03-30-17/1945:19> »
rather then using stealth to hide the vulnerable components of the swarm I would recommend putting large compartments into the anthro drones limbs and hiding them all in there. that way there is at least a barrier between the tiny drones and a grenade going off.  Also while your breaking the game might as well swap out the kanmushi's for the much  maligned and horribly OP'd noizquitos.  It can all be purchased with resource A even with the noizquitos costing twice as much.   If the super dice pools aren't enough release the swarm and provide like a minus 40 to the opponents dice pools.  Throw in an AI character controlling it and using the special quality to increase the pilot to 8 and there you go.   I've dubbed this version of the horribly over powered character the Iron Maiden.  I just wish they had personal flying vehicles like in 4rth edition to provide what amounts to a jet pack for extra cool factor but whatever. 

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #12 on: <04-05-17/1535:17> »
Personal jet pack? Do a custom mod job on the Artemis Nightwing. Strap it on, with folding wings extended, and hello batman.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-05-17/2054:42> »
Federated-Boeing Kull or Aeroquip dust off.  The Kull will depend on your GM's interpretation of how much capacity those Bomb Racks can carry.  200 lbs each?  100 lbs each?  May have to chop off the Riggers arms and legs to fit though...