Author Topic: am i going mad or is there a collapsible bow in 5ed  (Read 383 times)

gwilym

• Chummer
Please help my sanity is finite!!!
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

• Omae
Re: am i going mad or is there a collapsible bow in 5ed
« Reply #1 on: (19:46:15/03-21-17) »
There's the Easy Breakdown weapon modification from Hard Targets.
Yeah, TMs got thrown in the cell with Bubba the Love Troll and sandpaper for lube.
there is autosofts for everything  8)

Prodigy

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: (09:29:45/03-22-17) »
No collapsible bow that I see.

Vassago

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: (10:13:59/03-22-17) »
There is an adjustable tension bow, with a strength slider, maybe that's what you were thinking about? Otherwise I don't see why easy breakdown wouldn't work. Two complex actions to snap in the arms and hook the string, and she's gtg

If you're going for concealability, remember a quiver can be almost as tricky to hide.

I actually really like the easy breakdown mod. The description mentions the disassembled weapon components fitting into about the area of a briefcase. 

Why not buy a briefcase?
100 for a "nice" briefcase, 500 for "good",
Add a biometric lock for good measure,
GM might be iffy on the quickdraw quiver,
But you can probably fit a regular quiver and respectable arrows along with the broken-down bow.

If it already takes two complex actions, might as well make it three to have an all-in-one case with some security and concealability. Save some money and you can probably look into more upgrades for the case, maybe MAD beaters, or that  faraday coating might help if your bow has a smartlink, dunno, would need to doublecheck detection rules and coatings, but you get the drift
« Last Edit: (10:29:44/03-22-17) by Vassago »
And at least put some thought into the Negative Quality Addiction-Mild (DeepWeed). You're playing in Denver afterall, and a Sasquatch-sized joint gets me right in the feels.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #4 on: (18:57:48/04-01-17) »
...I still miss the old Ranger-X.  There was no Strength cap, just a STR+4M modifier with Ranger X arrows that in the hands of a troll with buffed out STR attribute using Dikote tipped arrows could do some obscene damage and even affect vehicles. 

This whole strength rated arrow thing is cumbersome especially if you have an adept who uses Boosted Attribute or someone using a drug like Kamikaze as you need to carry two (or more) different ratings of arrows around for when you were buffed and when you were not.   Should have just stuck to the original STR (min) + 2 modifier with no ratings for arrows and bring back the Ranger-X.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: (22:53:55/04-01-17) »
especially if you have an adept who uses Boosted Attribute
Was there an errata to say this does more than just add to your dice pools?

Moose

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: (23:56:38/04-01-17) »
It's been killing me that no one mentioned it so I made an account.

First off, you're not going mad there is in fact a collapsible bow, In Hard Targets on pg 197 are the Expanded Bow Rules. They differentiate types of bows, the main two being Compound and Traditional.

They are given special rules on this page. Traditional has the ability to do an Overdraw Action and can be modified to be collapsible, taking a Complex Action to put together, as opposed to the Easy Breakdown Modification that takes 3 Complex or 2 for the Powered version.

The Compound bow can be mounted with a smart link and is easier to maintain a Take Aim Action.

« Last Edit: (03:31:58/04-02-17) by Moose »

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: (10:17:47/04-02-17) »
Their was a German errata to attribute boost (strength) to add to damage, iirc.

Good catch on the bows in HT 197. When looking for gear, the walls-o-text can easily be glossed over :P
Yeah, TMs got thrown in the cell with Bubba the Love Troll and sandpaper for lube.
there is autosofts for everything  8)