NEWS

Anthro drone armor mechanics

• 26 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« on: <03-20-17/2241:21> »
So according to the Rigger 5 rules arm (and leg) mounts can receive the same upgrades as cyberarms so an anthro drone like a Kenchiku-Kikai could have up to 20 points of armor with 4 limb+3 armor upgrades and up to body of 5 armor and its natural armor of 3.  Is this correct?

Also Anthro drones can wear regular armor so If I put them in a big game hunter does that add another 14 armor to it?  Seems a little OP to have 34 armor and not take any damage if the DV doesn't exceed the modified AP
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

FancyDerek

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-20-17/2258:41> »
p126 under drone leg: cyberlimb armor does not add to the armor of the drone.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-20-17/2310:54> »
Thanks, must have missed that.  Okay so armor 8 + 14 from the big game hunter is that still 20 points of armor?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-22-17/0149:21> »
Looks about right.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-23-17/0734:11> »
Do they become affected by stacking armor encumberance penalties?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-23-17/0818:08> »
Worn armor and inherent armor doesn't stack. For an Anthro Drone your best bet is a full body armor + gel packs + helmet and a electrical insulation.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-23-17/1011:20> »
Worn armor and inherent armor doesn't stack. For an Anthro Drone your best bet is a full body armor + gel packs + helmet and a electrical insulation.

Drones typically aren't my thing, where does it spell out Armor stacking?  I thought inherent drone Armor (on a Ares Duelist for Example) stacked fine with Armored Jackets and whatnot.  I knew the cyberlimb armor didn't count, but I thought the Drone's Armor and Body stats worked fine.

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <03-23-17/1033:54> »
wak's comments were that worn armor replaces built in armor.

this is the direction the errata team is currently considering

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-23-17/1037:01> »
I asked about it in the Rigger Errata thread.

It's just applying the basic rule about only the highest armor value being counted (unless it's an +armor item like a helmet).
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-23-17/1149:41> »
Makes sense.  Drone Soak is Body plus (greater of Armor stat or Worn Armor) plus the "+ Armor" values from gear.  Essentially turns a standard Armored Jacket into Hardened armor because Drones don't take stun.  I for one welcome our Robot Overlords, YMMV.

Just waiting for some Missions writer to really abuse the Rigger 5 Drone rules some day in the distant Neo-Tokeyian future.   

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-23-17/1305:47> »
more like vehicle armor since hardened armor also does the following Additionally, half of the Hardened Armor rating
(modified by AP, rounded up) counts as automatic extra
hits on this test.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-23-17/1839:53> »
more like vehicle armor since hardened armor also does the following Additionally, half of the Hardened Armor rating
hits on this test.

Where does it state vehicle armor is Hardened Armor?

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-24-17/0137:43> »
hits on this test.

It doesnt Im saying drones dont take stun damage vehicles dont take stun damage

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-25-17/0049:47> »
Additionally, half of the Hardened Armor rating (modified by AP, rounded up) counts as automatic extra hits on the test.

It doesnt Im saying drones dont take stun damage vehicles dont take stun damage

Stating Additionally, half of the Hardened Armor rating (modified by AP, rounded up) counts as automatic extra is in no way the equivelant of stating drones don't take stun damage vehicles dont take stun damage

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <03-25-17/0608:30> »
Yeah Pap, Rooks was pointing out that vehicle armor isn't Hardened Armor, because it has that extra effect.

Rooks was responding to Hobbes, who commented that it "Essentially turns a standard Armored Jacket into Hardened armor"

and Rooks was making the same correction you're complaining about.

Honestly, it's a common misspeak for people to call Vehicle armor (or barriers for that matter) "Hardened" because of the fact that if the modified damage doesn't exceed the modified Armor, none of it goes through and the attack is effectively ignored. A lot of people overlook that Hardened Armor does that plus the bonus hits. Barriers and Vehicles don't get those free hits.