NEWS

Gauging interest in an Anarchy play-by-post game

• 63 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <03-15-17/0252:38> »
IC is up!

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26034.0

The initial post took longer to write than I expected. I had half of it written so I thought it would be fast but the second half took ages.

You are free to IC post. Continue posting OOCly here until the placeholder posts are up in the OOC thread.

The IC post is a frame tale. You're already on the plane, ready to jump. The briefing is being done as a flashback. You're free to ask questions, but the short version is to jump in, blow shit up, and walk (or run) out. Once the Q&A is done, we'll skip back to the present and you'll jump. Characters may be tweaked up until then.

You are presumed to have good intel. You have reliable maps, schematics, etc. You don't need any special skills to destroy the facility; you just need to get in so that the charges can be placed internally.

No backup is expected for you or for the opposition. Local law enforcement and first responders at the most.

The plot is not political or commentary on our current national agenda or political figures. I came up with this scenario a year ago, so any parallels to the current day are coincidental. The descriptions in the post - Colloton, Hollensfeld, Republicans, current Sioux-UCAS relations - are all highly canon.

Other thoughts
@MDMann, I don’t have any issues with “Did You Call Me Dumb?” (as Jayde described it) being a primarily social negative quality, even though this isn’t a traditional game. It seems to fit with the Logic 6 character who might have a god-complex due to his high Biotech skill.

@Glorious, you’re missing one attribute point. You’re also two skill points short. (You should have 15 since you're Human.) Technically, only one specialization is allowed at chargen. These are cheap to buy after chargen anyway, so you might want to reassign a couple. WIL 6 isn’t doing much for you, since you get the same number of condition monitor boxes @ WIL 5. Your call how much you want to optimize.

@Jayde, same for you with Strength. You do the same damage and have the same condition monitor with Strength 5 as with Strength 6, so you may wish to move that point if you have something else you wish to shore up.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #61 on: <03-15-17/1202:54> »
I've edited again. It should be good now (I think).

It's alright him not being able to cast health I think, he knows the theory but hasn't grasped the practical side yet.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <03-16-17/0009:05> »
Attributes look good. Skills look good.

You may have unspent shadow amp points. You have 14. You've spent:

2 - Awakened
2 - Heal spell that you can't actually cast
2 - Weapon focus
4 - Adept Movement
2 - Edge

That's 12, so you have 2 more points to spend, unless I've lost the plot somewhere.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #63 on: <03-16-17/0818:55> »
Let's add improved reflexes. I think that costs 2 and should even things up. I'll remove the health spell on reflection and increase edge by 2 as well. I think that all works. I've edited to reflect this.