NEWS

Looking for online game

• 13 Replies

Null Signature

• Newb
  • Weary Exile
« on: <07-09-16/0309:48> »
I'm looking for an online Shadowrun game, have most 2nd and 3rd edition books, and access to 4th edition core, and would be willing to get the 5th ed core. Did some GMing, but don't know enough about the world as-written to really do it justice. Last one literally turned into The A-Team Blows up an Oil Rig. But they had fun, which was the important thing.

No current characters, prefer mundane builds, including sammies, mercs, and faces, willing to play what the party needs.

Also, I do analysis, site security, and other fun stuff in meatspace, so if you just want a realistic hard target for your game, give me a buzz.
The most important relationship is between the decision-maker and their advisors. If the advisor can't give honest analysis or the decision-maker won't listen, the best analysis in the world is useless.

Daiyuki

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-15-16/1154:59> »
Also looking for a game, only have experience with 5e even if it's been about a year and a half, I really want to get back into Shadowrun. The itch is strong, would be great if we could get people together on Roll20

Cyber Tooth

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-28-16/1241:23> »
Hey, new to the shadows myself.
I'd be interested in a Roll20 game, if you all wouldn't mind a new player.
I have a decent amount of experience GMing D&D, and have been consuming all the material on SR5 I could in hopes of GMing it with some friends sometime, but I need to get my feet wet as a player first me thinks.
Also willing to play what is needed, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't romantically captivated by the idea of Deckers :)
Hope to hear more about this!

Teslazoa

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-13-16/0107:21> »
I'm new to shadowrun but have just over a year of tabletop gaming experience (DnD 5e) as both GM and player. Would prefer player, as I simply couldn't do the world of Shadowrun justice given I only have access to the 5e core rulebook. I have built a few characters of all shapes and sizes and would be willing to fill any role, but would prefer playing a decker. Roll20 would be a great online media for me and my only time constraints are saturday afternoons (Central Time Zone). Let me know if you are interesting in bringing me on board!

Umbrageofsnow

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-13-16/0140:12> »
Hey, I'm also new to Shadowrun, played it just once at a convention last year, hoping to get another in this year but that's it.  I have some of the 5th edition books (and will probably buy more sooner or later).  I've got experience playing and running Call of Cthulhu and some D&D experience in the distant past.  Never played on Roll20 before but I'd be willing to give it a shot if this is a thing that happens, although this is getting to be a big group.  I'd prefer to play a magic user of some kind if I got to play.

One thought I had since it seems there are a lot of us newbs interested: Collections of prewritten scenarios have been published.  They'd still take a lot of prepwork for those of us who don't know what we're doing with the rules but several have GM experience with other games.  What about buying a couple of scenario collections and alternating GM duties, so each person could take a good long while to prepare to run their scenario (which would already be easier than having to generate it from scratch) but more sessions could still be played?

Umbrageofsnow

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-13-16/0147:20> »
Also I just noticed that this was a bit necro'd, so it might just be 3 of us wandering around looking for games...

LordEggNutz

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-15-16/1457:11> »
I have a small online group that is looking for a replacement.  Preferred role is a street sam or one that can handle themselves in a firefight.   We are currently operating out of Cara'Sir in Tir Tairngire (Portland, Oregon).  We use discord for voice and chat and Roll20 for dice roles.  We play weekly on Saturday nights from 5pm until 9:00 or 10:00ish (PST). If your still looking for a game to join, check out the forums and blog post on the link below.  Please also take a look at the GM Manifesto and Character Creation rules as well.  If your still interested then shoot me a private message.

http://lordeggnutz.com/blog/

GM Manifesto and Character Creation rules
http://lordeggnutz.com/blog/forums/topic/gm-manifesto-and-character-creation-guidelines/

Blueclaws

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-25-16/1553:46> »
Actually I am pretty new as well looking for a game. I am honestly trying to find a play by post game to join.

Ewozzy White

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <10-26-16/2103:13> »
Looking for 3-4 players for a 5e shadowrun game. I am a relatively new GM and I will be using the ROll20 virtual tabletop system. The online system will handle the game content and private messages, Video and audio systems are incorporated but optional, and the dice roller is built in for the d6 system. I am planning a street level (normal priority system) game. Hackers welcome but I may fudging some matrix rules for simplicity.

Game time is undetermined yet and I will try to find a time that works for all available players. Games will probably be twice a month, for about 2-3 hours each. If you are interested or have questions you can post here and ill send along a link to the game. 

Blk.Adder.75

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-03-16/2359:56> »
What days & time are you looking at for the game to kickoff?
Sundays & Mondays work best for me.
I used to play SR3E, but have moved onto SR5E.
If you need a Merc that's an Adept Gunslinger Elf, I'm your man!
Hope Springs Eternal Chummers!

mortalturpitude

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <11-22-16/2257:54> »
Hoi Chummers!

I'm also looking for an online campaign.  I'm on Pacific time, and available workday evenings after 5:30 PM weekly/bi-weekly, and after 10:00 AM on Saturday/Sunday bi-weekly/monthly.

Experience: I've played campaigns in SR2, SR3, SR4 and SR5, but am only interested in SR5 at this time (because otherwise the rules get mashed up in my noggin).

Dedication:  I have all of the sourcebooks, I've read all of the (SR5) novels, I listen to 4 SR5 podcasts.  I'm no expert though -- this is a huge world and I'm just soaking in it, not studying it.

I'll play whatever archetype the party needs.  I'm not a rules lawyer.  I understand that the GM has final authority (and this is a complicated system) but I'll expect that authority to be consistently applied.  I'm more interested in role playing than crunch, but I can hold up my end of the crunch.

If this sounds like a fit, let me know and let's start some fun!

« Last Edit: <11-23-16/0005:10> by mortalturpitude »

Zednark

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-27-16/1944:42> »
I'm looking for a game.

Erfan

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <12-02-16/2120:02> »
Hoi! Did anything ever come together? I am LFG as well. Eastern standard time (gmt-5, I think). I've played a bit, mostly street Sam types, but looking to expand my experience into other realms.

Underbridge

• Newb
  • Now that's some good advice, right there...
« Reply #13 on: <12-16-16/1839:11> »
Good evening, Chummers!

I saw your LFG posts, and my interest is piqued. I am interested in folks that are interested in playing a serious game; the last time I tried to GM Shadowrun (4th ed) the tone of the game was serious, the tone of the players less so. If you are willing to consider me, I'm willing to work through some collective story-telling and discover just how far the rabbit hole goes.

I do have a confession, though, I'm more familiar with the 4th ed rules; I just can't seem to find anyone willing to play 5th ed with me, so my experience in the new game system is quite limited. That being said, if your crew is willing to work with me when rules-related issues arise, I am willing to listen, learn, and grow as a 'runner.

Timezone: Eastern Standard (GMT -5)
Availability: Friday evenings, usually after 5pm / 1700 hrs.
Duration: I can usually go all night, baby, unless I work the next day. Then I'm Cinderella: dippin' out at midnight.
Format: Discord & Roll20.
Setting: Seattle 2075, details to follow.