NEWS

Technomancer feedback for a new book!

• 542 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #420 on: <02-18-17/2015:06> »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The TM book coming out is going to be a sure sign that 6th Edition is coming out soon. Hell, they might even announce 6th Edition before the TM book sees the light of day.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #421 on: <02-18-17/2031:12> »
On Reddit, 9 months ago, Amy said something along the lines of "People more in the know than me would say a year."  But I won't be surprised if three months go by and we still don't have any information.

Granted, she also said she might have something for us in October of last year...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/4kjyfq/list_of_upcoming_books_and_technomancer/d3fktc2/
« Last Edit: <02-18-17/2033:45> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #422 on: <02-20-17/0544:40> »
Ok so no news at all...

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #423 on: <02-20-17/1302:11> »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The TM book coming out is going to be a sure sign that 6th Edition is coming out soon. Hell, they might even announce 6th Edition before the TM book sees the light of day.

So the Technomancer book is going to become the new rigger book?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #424 on: <02-20-17/1332:02> »

They've been consistently and thoroughly bent over in the prison shower by Bubba the Love Troll this edition, and we've already got a rigger book, the augmentation book, the decker book, a FACE book, and several magic books, so... yeah.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Therlen

• Newb
« Reply #425 on: <02-22-17/1743:43> »

I don't think so.

https://twitter.com/amyveeres/status/834368170878181376

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #426 on: <02-22-17/1819:40> »

I don't think so.

https://twitter.com/amyveeres/status/834368170878181376

Ok that's vague and possibly a bit ominous.,either they're given up on technos and the next big metaplot will be them all dying off or  they're getting a good fix .Hopefully there will be a more detailed announcement soon .

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #427 on: <02-22-17/1938:17> »
Sounds like the TM book will be pushed back even further (like to 7th edition) in favor of other books.  Like maybe more fucking magic books?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #428 on: <02-23-17/0822:05> »
Sounds like the TM book will be pushed back even further (like to 7th edition) in favor of other books.  Like maybe more fucking magic books?

They gotta be carefull, though. If they keep on with this, they might accidentally fix Alchemy ::)
Better stick to buffing Spirits and adding more Fluff thatīs only going to be used by 1% of the players, ya hear me?

But seriously: "I have some good news if you don't like Technomancers..."

Could it be any more vague?  ???
Does it mean that the TM book is scrapped/delayed?
Does it mean that something terrible is going to Technomancers to eradicate them from the ongoing lore (and make room for yet more Mojostuff)?
Does it mean that Amy is (once again?) ditched by Catalyst and this is a tongue-in-cheek way of telling her followers through the veils of NDA? 
Or does it actually mean that people who donīt like the current state of Technomancers are gonna be pleased because finally somethingīs coming this way?
Is it a nerf or a buff? Or is it both, like nerfing Sprites in favor of less Pet-based feats?
« Last Edit: <02-23-17/0835:34> by Finstersang »

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #429 on: <02-23-17/0902:04> »
The real problem is that the Matrix book do nearly nothing for Technomancers but had add a lot of tool to deckers (that's ok), AIs (i think maybe 2 players all around the world and only a GM+player game type) and deep hacking (WTF?) a lot of thing to build up deckers (and spiders) who are far away from techies. We saw a lot off (e-)book for magix, weaponx even Riggerx (yeah x because it's nearly like binge diffusion) and thechies are chained to a tree deeply in (amazonian) forest, no news, no crunch, even nearly no fluff.

When the rigger was the little red headed boy, they were playable... Technies are very hard to play well (you have poor stats boy don't cry) and nearly clones of each others (petomancers or drugs addicts to do there stuff, when every other roles take drugs to help other roles...)

Please in the next Shadowrun make both technomancers and deckers playable (int he 4th deckers where useless and techies demigods in the 5th ...) AT start, make two base streams, add paragons from the begining and meat world usable techies boost (submersion or other...)

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #430 on: <02-23-17/0939:10> »
Please in the next Shadowrun make both technomancers and deckers playable (...)

At this point, Iīd rather say:
Please donīt make the next Shadowrun :'(

Well, maybe Iīm wrong and the shit-train will finally be stopped in the near future.
Anyways, you canīt be disappointed if you have no expectations. Something I learned from this very thread....

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #431 on: <02-23-17/1425:39> »

Does it mean that Amy is (once again?) ditched by Catalyst and this is a tongue-in-cheek way of telling her followers through the veils of NDA? 

At a stab, what Amy wrote didn't get approved by the rules team or the financing wasn't there for a new book (or something) and the project got kicked down the road (again).

Which I don't get, any Missions game or Con game I go to has a Technomancer or two at the table.  They're more popular than Samurai and Rigger characters.  I gotta think the book would sell as well as anything else, and the mechanical fixes, seriously, aren't that difficult. 

*shrug*  what do I know.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #432 on: <02-23-17/2016:33> »
Technomancer didn't even have their own chapter in the matrix book.  It'd be like if Street Grimoire only mentioned adepts in passing, the Physical Magic chapter didn't exist, leaving only some rituals they could technically use and maybe a metamagic or two.  And Rigger 5.0 has absolutely nothing for technomancers in it, though this doesn't especially bother me.  Just a missed opportunity.

It baffles me that they felt the AI rules took precedent over more TM stuff...

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #433 on: <02-24-17/1213:27> »
https://mobile.twitter.com/amyveeres/status/835166145896382464

"Gonna be honest, I misunderstood a joke and thought I was fired and the book was canceled and freaked out over nothing. Sorry!"

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #434 on: <02-24-17/1425:52> »
ok ... so absolutely NO content at all for mancers...
Nice job.