Technomancer feedback for a new book!

• 542 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #375 on: <03-10-16/2249:43> »
Anything from anyone?

nope nothing new...

Thanks...

If you're looking for actual news on the Technomancer project, it's probably not going to appear here. You'll need to keep an eye on the Catalyst's Shadowrun Products subforum: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?board=11.0  When news about the supplement does come, it'll appear on their social media and there first, generally. Usually you'll see art appear for the book a bit before it releases.
« Last Edit: <03-10-16/2254:40> by Dinendae »

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #376 on: <03-15-16/0709:06> »
You're not supposed to ask for practical products released on a regular basis. You're supposed to be pacified by the pretty pictures they release on Tumblr every once in a while about the latest fluff book coming down the pipe. =)
This.

And the most baffling part: Most tables - missions or not - would gladly pick any usable crunch book over these fraggin´ fluffballs, be it the one that makes TMs finally remotely usable (or or at least promises to do so until you buy it) or the real Matrix and Rigger Supplements (I mean, the ones we got can´t be it, right?), or a book that actually make alchemy a worthy choice, etc.

Because

a. It´s needed to make core aspects of the game work.
b. the fluff stuff is happening way too fast already.
c. We are roleplayers, goddammit. We don´t want just to read how the story unfolds around us, we want to be part in it. More so, we want to make our own.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #377 on: <03-15-16/1147:38> »
This is probably the wrong place but the speed of proves was brought up.

As I recall, the old schedule was 1 year real world publication was 1 season of game time.  So, the game world advanced at one quarter the speed of the real world.  It seems like that changed to a one to one ratio.  I'm seeing 2077 stuff and I still haven't satisfactorily explored 2072, let alone 2075.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #378 on: <03-15-16/1212:09> »
Not true.  SR has always essentially advanced at a 1:1 speed.  One 'season' of Missions was a set grouping - Seattle, Denver, New York, etc. - not 91 days.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #379 on: <03-16-16/1313:02> »
And about the technmancer new book?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #380 on: <03-17-16/0135:24> »
I'm sorry, was that addressed to me?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #381 on: <03-17-16/0426:23> »
Not really it's just the title of the thread that's all...

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #382 on: <03-21-16/1305:27> »
Hmm, is this finally the point where we can declare the TM splatbook for dead?
But wait, we will never know for sure!

Say Hooray for NDA  ;D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #383 on: <03-21-16/1426:34> »
The TM book will be released at the end of 5th edition, as TMs have taken the red headed stepchild position away from Riggers.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #384 on: <03-21-16/1846:32> »
The TM book will be released at the end of 5th edition, as TMs have taken the red headed stepchild position away from Riggers.

Not sure if sarcasm or official  ???

Anyways, at least this would be an answer.

shayhulut

• Newb
« Reply #385 on: <04-29-16/1608:07> »
i sat down and wrote some thoughts down. please feel free to comment (please be nice, i am new to the forum) but the TM in SR5th really is underwhelming and needs some love

Book: "Mind over Matter"

matrix actions:
   some actions can not be done by technomancer
      *change icon: impossible for TM (now complex form for him)
      *format device: impossible vs TM
      *jack out: impossible for TM (see below)
      *matrix search: +2 for TM
      *reboot device: impossible vs TM
      *trace icon: +2 defense for TM

rules for the matrix:
   *change icon: becomes complex form
   *overwatch is not increasing over time, but TM cannot reboot, so always necessary to look for marks and delete them and to lower OW score with complex form
   *skinlink: general feat of the TM; can connect to everything he touches
   *spleep: disconnected from the matrix

complex forms:
   *editor: TM can read/write/erease/change file. does not matter if it is encrypted; will trigger data bombs
   *resonance channel: (changed)
      Target: Device
      Duration: S
      FV: L+1
      you can connect to any device that you can see; if not visible: what you know very well (FAQ with at least 4 hits or extended search in the matrix 8,12 hours); or that
      you have at least 2 marks on; TM can connect to any device, even if it is not connected to the matrix (need to have electronics from 2055+);
      resist with Willpower + Firewall
   *change icon: (new)
      Target: self
      Duration: P
      FV: L-3
         technomancer changes his icon to anything he likes; because of the strange nature of his bio-node, a matrix perception with threshold=[net-hits] shows,
         that something is wrong with the icon
   *emulate program: (new)
      Target: self
      Duration: S
      FV: L-1
      you can emulate [raiting] standard and/or hacking programs simultaniously (owner and accessible on a device); no test necessary;

skills:
   *decompile: removed
   *threading: all complex forms are now resonance+raiting [mental limit]; threading becomes a pool you can put to the test (max raiting) or resist the fade; replace decompile in
      the tasken group
   *compile: gains the effect from decompile;

sprite binding:
   *new task for registered sprites: if you bind the sprite, it loose all its remaining tasks; each bound sprite will provide a special bonus; after 24h, the sprite needs to become one
      with the resonance again and will vanish; this is a teamwork action: TM resonance+threading [metal limit] (leader) + sprite raitingx2[sprite raiting] (assistant) vs Willpower + Firewall;
      sprites can not do anything else if there are bound to something; TM can use a simple action to end binding of a sprite; takes [sprite raiting] complex actions

*courier sprite:
      <Resonance Transfer>
      bounds to a device/host:
      you ignore [nt-hits]x2 noise because of distance and get +[net-hits] Matrix INI; if fault sprite uses his power, opposed test; winner gains all his advantages, loser gets nothing

*crack sprite:
      <Enemy Within>
      bounds to a device/host
      sprite will slumber in the boot sector; if activated (simple action) TM that compiled&registered sprite always counts to have [net-hits] marks on the target; when activated, sprite can be
      found (normal matrix perception) and attacked; if deactivated (simple action; out of combat) it is invisble for the device/host; if device/host looks for marks and wins against spirte, sprite becomes visible

*data sprite:
      <Knowledge is Power>
      bounds with matrix/device/host
      no defense from the matrix, device/host defend as usual; all matrix searches in the matrix/device/host lower there threshold by [net-hits] and half the search time (additionally to
      browser program)

*fault sprite:
      <resonance bombardment>
      bounds with matrix/device/host
      no defense from the matrix, device/host defend as usual; generets a background noise of [net-hits] for everyone but the TM and the fault sprite(friends, foes and other sprites);
      non-resonance nose reduction does not lower this noise; will affect only host/device or an circle area of [net-hits]x100 meter

*machine sprite:
      <Ghost in the Shell>
      bounds with a vehicle/drone
      while bound to the vehicle/drone, the sprite becomes the pilot; has all autosoft and skills on raiting [net-hits]; can only operate the drone; drone cant be rigged;
      raiting is the limit for all purposes, that are not already covered by other limits (handling, accuracy etc still in effect); follows all orders from TM in the drone (unlimited); can control enemy vehicles
      Diagnostic: give bonus for build & repair teamwork (not use anymore)
      Electronic Storm: removed

echos:
   *all increase attribute echos are removed;
   *resonance [program]: deleted
   *skinlink: deleted; now general ability
   *biowire:
      this echo provides raiting [submersion/2] skilljack and skill wires (max 6); still needs the software (cannot be emulated)
   *brain/quantumfield correlation:
      your thoughts are to fast; +[submersion/2] (max +6) for defense against getting marks
   *overcharged reflexes
      each level gives +1 reaction and +1 INI dice; not compatible with any other INI enhancement; not in the matrix; can be taken 3 times
   *no sleep for the wicked
      better sleep regulator; 20 hours of sleep a week is necessary; can be awake 6 days and then sleep 20 hours or can split it at any rate; can fall asleep instantly; can
      awake instantly
   *i am batman
      radarsensor with raiting [submersion/2] (max 6)

the overall raw matrix power is not affacted. because of the bio-node, a mancer will still lack the deck attributes of a decker and because of more skills, he will also be a bit shorter on the karma side (plus submersion). also he needs to sustain the programs, so a lot of them will make no sense (-2 at all rolls, so defense as well <imho>). but he would be more versitile and could develop in different directions

i have a lot of other ideas, like ritual spellcasting for TM ("Foundation forging"), echos or a TM-only Host. feel free to contact me if you are interessted (and of course, feel free to use what you want to use)
« Last Edit: <04-29-16/1737:01> by shayhulut »

Club

• Newb
« Reply #386 on: <05-14-16/1622:01> »
After a bit more thought, I'm wondering if TMs should be considered the equivalent of D&D (3.5) bards - buffing and debuffing tech as a primary role, and hacking/rigging as their secondary roles

Diffusion/infusion of attribute
Pulse Storm
Diagnostics
Gremlins

A second matrix character can wreck anyone that a technomancer has paid attention to, infusion of firewall will make the guy protecting the team's gear much tougher, machine sprites do wonderful things to vehicles and smartlinks, riggers and sams -fear- fault sprites.

But if this theory is true, the buffs and debuffs aren't quite good enough to make up for the fact that it's still a support role, with a weak ability to do its secondary role.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #387 on: <05-23-16/0806:48> »
For those of you not on the Reddit forums one of the Freelancers has commented that the TM book is a long way out still.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/4kjyfq/list_of_upcoming_books_and_technomancer/

Based on the user names I'd guess is was the Yue who started this thread as well.

FYI. 

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #388 on: <05-25-16/0504:04> »
Well, that´s something.
Also, this probably leaves us more time for discussing own suggestions and musings.
Maybe some of them will be considered after all  ;)

Speaking of which:
I like shayhulut´s idea of TMs having problems with adjusting the look of their living persona. Makes a lot of sense. However, I wouldn´t model this as something a TM generally can´t  do and needs a Complex Form for - Complex Forms to do things every normal Hacker (and even Commlink users) can do without any effort is something we should move away from.

Instead, I would model this as an optional negative Quality for a variable Bonus Karma. Something like this:

Inflexible Avatar (TM-only, 5-15 Karma)
The Technomancer has problems to alter the appearance of her living persona.
Depending on the Karma Bonus taken for this Quality, the TMs Avatar
  • will always retain some kind of obvious similarity, f.i. a missing eye or another amputation, fiery red hair, a certain piece of cloting, being all b&w etc. (5 Karma)
  • will always retain a strong similarity to the meatspace body and face of the TM, good enough for an alert person to recognize again or cannot be changed at all, but without any obvious similarities to the meatspace TM. Those would often be real or fictious characters from the TM´s childhood (10 Karma)
  • cannot be changed and has a strong similarity to the meatspace TM (15 Karma)

Similar to this, there could also be a Negative Quality for TMs that makes their Avatar a constant reflection of their feelings and desires (glowing when excited or angry etc.), providing a bonus for Onlookers in the Matrix for judge intention tests and the like.
« Last Edit: <05-25-16/1327:55> by Finstersang »

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #389 on: <05-27-16/1413:12> »
I was looking over sprites from 4e and miss that you could get spirtes that had more programs base on their lv.

For 5e they just do what ever they got in their skill box but in 4e, data sprites could run linguasofts (about the best use i can think of them outside of legwork) and machine sprites could run drone auto softs, You could even get program options like rust and area for attack.

i think giving some sprites some options in what they could do would give a bit variety in use and better use of registering then just making sure you got one on call at all times.