NEWS

Technomancer feedback for a new book!

• 542 Replies

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #195 on: <06-29-15/1911:32> »
This may have already been mentioned but going with technomancer relation with cyber/bioware, I wonder if some kind of Burnout Way type quality or echo would be nice for a technomancer. I think technomancers should still lose resonance with essence lost, but perhaps their 'ware is a little less disruptive to their system and function at a little better quality because of their more natural connection to tech/matrix. This will put in a decision for technomancers about the value or 'ware, just like magicians/adepts. Choosing ware has a cost to the very thing that makes you a technomancer (resonance, your innate connection to the matrix, less efficacy within the matrix [lower persona/device rating, more difficulty cultivating relationships with more powerful sprites]), but can have major perks depending on what you want to do. Being able to get standard ware that is treated like alphaware for essence loss (maybe even device rating?) could make cybered technomancer more of an option. Perhaps some more costs could be included to balance the decision for techomancers who become more mechanized.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #196 on: <06-29-15/2009:05> »
I realize I suggested to allow the Living Persona to be based off of physical stats, but on further thinking this would be a terrible idea. Hackers need high log, wil, and int anyway to hack. And to need 3 high mental stats AND high physical stats...well, that's just impossible for any archetype.

But I really want ork and trolls to be amazing TMs (or at least good). The only thing I can think of to help them would be to allow a stream that makes their fade soak dice to be based off of a physical attribute rather than a mental one. This way they can hack just using the resonance rather than normal hacking. And with high bod or str they'd be able to soak the fading easier.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #197 on: <06-29-15/2236:31> »
This is not as much an idea and I'm not sure how much this can change, but I have always felt weird about how skillful technomancers have to be to use/manipulate the matrix. I know Shadowrun simulates action through skill+attribute dicepools, so skills come into play, but the concept/mythology/mystique of the technomancer is that their connection to the Matrix is very natural and easy for them. I think the game tries to represent this through a resonance attribute, but because of the general game mechanics, it is just another attribute that has to have tied skills (Tasking) to do things meaningfully in the game. The problem with this is that technomancers don't all grow up wanting to be great hackers and studying computer engineering. They might not know they are technomancers or even have a word for what they can do until they are in their teens (maybe older?) What if they are really into life sciences, or athletics, or business, and all of the sudden, their technomancer powers become apparent. Super great that they are a technomancer, but manipulating the matrix has less utility for these characters after they have already developed skills.  In mechanics term, the characters have skills that aren't useful for matrix work that make technomancers the matrix wizards that they are purported to be. You might say that all shadowrunning technomancers are the ones that have matrix skills, but that seems unlikely. Even if creating characters with life modules, you'd still have to focus on all things tech from a young age to make a technomancer more viable, and not all technomancers are "born to hack."

I wonder if a better simulation of some skills (perhaps the cracking group), would be to tie them directly to resonance. Technomancers don't have to know why they are good at hacking, or why their living persona is good at dealing out matrix damange, or why they can jam sensors or study these things, because they are technomancers they can. As I am typing, I think a cool solve to skill deficiency issues it just to give technomancers free cracking group equivalent to their resonance. If they are weaker resonance technomancers, they are less good at cracking, if they are high resonance, they are better. So a technomancer with resonance 3 would also have a cracking skill group of 3. Rolling mostly logic + cracking skill group for dice rolls can still make sense, or to be more off rules, technomancers would match cracking skills with resonance for their dicepool. I think I prefer keeping logic to simulate that while technomancers have natural ability to matrixy things, figuring out what to do to break into a host or steal a file still takes some thoughtfulness/analysis. This mechanic would also make essence loss cause a drop in cracking skills. Want to take 'ware to increase your logic? You are going to take a hit to your cracking dice pool in another way. Also, I would add that the only way to raise cracking skills beyond your resonance level is to train skills beyond them. If you have free cracking group at rating 3, you have to raise skills from 0 to 4 seperately (spending that 20 karma) to get a rating 4. The ratings are not additive. This would simulate the different kind of learning a technomancer would have to do to have higher skills than their innate, mysterious resonancy-abilities.  So a technomancer can have a low resonance or lose a lot of essence to 'ware, and then learn how to use the matrix more normally to hack/crack. Or, instead of raising cracking skills directly to become a better at cracking tasks, they can submerge and raise their resonance.

Technomancers would have to learn the skillful use of electronics skills, at least computer and hardware, the same way as everyone else. The only thing I am unsure about in this model is software. Tasking skills I am ok with technomancers having to learn, as it is unique skillset to them they way magicians learn to summon spirits no matter how magical they are. Also, the priority system already has some built in mechanics of giving free tasking skills to folks who emphasize resonance (A and B priorities) to simulate some of that natural skill or previous experience. The tasking group covers sprites, but another component of the technomancer repertoire are complex forms.  Deckers learn software, or commonly don't learn software because it doesn't often have much use to them,   to do different things than technomancers, which is weird to me. So one option would be that software skill is equal to resonance the same way cracking skills would be.  This seems too powerful to me. Another option would be to add software to the potential free skills a technomancers can get at character generation when taking Priority A or B. Maybe this would be good for builds that don't plan on having armies of sprites around (less need for registering), but want to fling those complex forms about like a matrix super wizard. It might also make sense that technomancers who start priority C, the weakest a technomancer can start, really doesn't have a natural knack for or history of using complex forms (or any Tasking for that matter), as they get no free skills. 

So... I actually may try to house rule or test some of these mechanics, but my changes would be:
1a. Technomancers get free Cracking skill group that stays equal with their Resonance. They increase if Resonance increases and decrease if Resonance Decreases.
1b. Technomancers cannot specialize in these free skills.
1c. If a Technomancer wants to raise Cracking skills beyond their Resonance Attribute, they must train the skill with full karma payment beyond that attribute. If this happens, then a Technomancer can take specializations in that skill.
2. Technomancers can choose Software as one of the free skill choices granted for Priority A or B

Looking at these changes, this doesn't look so complicated. These changes would also allow Technomancers a little more freedom in their builds. Not to always compare with Deckers, but Deckers aren't aways just good deckers, they are often Combat Deckers or Stealth Deckers or even Magical Deckers or Decker/Riggers. I mention this because the only other matrix archetype can "subclass" well. In fact, all of the other archetypes in Shadowrun can subclass. Simulating the naturalness of Technomancers in the matrix by giving free Cracking skills frees Technomancers to develop other areas of usefulness for their team while being the dedicated Matrix character in their group, or specializing in something non-matrixy (stealth/social/combat/biotech, etc.) while still being able to back up or support Matrix actions. I think this allows for usefulness and flexibility for Technomancers with various Resonance without becoming unfair or unbalanced, and better simulates the mythos of Technomancers as the Shadowrun Universe has described.

« Last Edit: <06-29-15/2319:42> by FST_Gemstar »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #198 on: <06-30-15/0455:52> »
+1 to Gemstar.
I think granting TMs their full Resonance Attribute as Cracking would overdo it, and they don't do 1/2 anymore, but the concept is incredibly sound.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

bravelybravesirrobin

• Newb
« Reply #199 on: <06-30-15/1215:02> »
I realize I suggested to allow the Living Persona to be based off of physical stats, but on further thinking this would be a terrible idea. Hackers need high log, wil, and int anyway to hack. And to need 3 high mental stats AND high physical stats...well, that's just impossible for any archetype.

But I really want ork and trolls to be amazing TMs (or at least good). The only thing I can think of to help them would be to allow a stream that makes their fade soak dice to be based off of a physical attribute rather than a mental one. This way they can hack just using the resonance rather than normal hacking. And with high bod or str they'd be able to soak the fading easier.

I like this idea. Don't have much to elaborate on except that I like it, and that it would give TM's another niche deckers can't do as you could have a moderately punchy TM.

korusef

• Newb
« Reply #200 on: <06-30-15/1414:11> »
TM are missing sprite with Software skill that could be used to disable data bombs.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #201 on: <06-30-15/1714:20> »
Don't know if it got mentioned, since I just skimmed the posts, but I saw people suggesting to offset the current lack of TM power by lowering their priority to match that of aspected mages rather then full ones. Was skimming through Run Faster last night and noticed the Karma Build style had TMs at the same cost to buy as the aspected mage. Was this an over-site or is this why everyone is suggesting it. It would give a good merit argument to do so as a house rule for now till we get something official.

Flecchikun

• Newb
  • Whoops, tautology!
« Reply #202 on: <07-03-15/1657:50> »
Ok, my two shiny copper coins.

Technomancers are supposed to be the Shinobi of the Matrix, Ghosts that move hidden and unseen.
Deckers are Console Cowboys who kick in the data vault door and shoot the place up and try to get somewhere safe enough to jack out.

This is how they are presented in the main book (at least to my perception, your mileage may vary)

In practice however, they are the redheaded stepchild of the game.  Adept-Mages pushed all the hype about themselves off on the nerd, and well, the poor kid can't even take a punch, and will break his arm if he tries to swing back.

The rules for both Matrix users end up being the same, yes TMs have some very, very costly powers that are not fully spelled out, and the sprites they are expected to use are House ruled to be useless because GMs feel that if they allow the TM to have any edge over a Sammy or (heaven Forbid) a Mage-Adept then it's now unfair.  But in the end a class that is solely Karma driven, weighted against mages for powers, and expected to stand in the same arena as a Money driven one will always fail.

The reason is simple, they are all hype, no show.

They are given the Restrictions of Mages, but none of the benefits.

They have MADS, are Skill Intensive, and Require a Special attribute forcing the player to triage where they want to never be able to shore up, as Karma is a premium resource, newyen is like dirt.

The powers they are expected to use in the same manner as mages are not worth the risk most times, as the cost given for them (difficulty of action, resistance roll, drain etc) are far greater than a mage's power of equivalent type, also the powers are shorter in duration and lesser in effect.

The Powers that emulate Decker Programs must be bought individually and are due to limits on how many powers you can have not worth it.

My bullet Point List:

Paragons, lord all-mighty do I want me my paragons!

TM versons of Traditions (ways to mitigate the Hellish costs of CFs)

TMs should just have Skin Link (I know others have said this, but one more vote can't hurt.) They should also not need a Smartlink, as it now does nothing but take data that the weapon collects, and feeds to the implant for translation from code to AR, which the TM lives in.  As with any other "This feeds to AR" type implant, they should not need it.  They are it.  They can already interpret computational run-time code, they should not need an Echo or an implant to do this, this is counter to the concept.

My List of Things they should not Need (Because if you don't spell it out):
Skin Link
Smart Link
Image Link

If they cannot innately understand computational run-time code then they cannot exist and this is a moot point.

If a power is going to have a nasty drain/cost it had better be worth it, aka be easier to invoke than a spell or impossible to resist.  If not, address drain, make it in line with the Risk/Reward.

Do not be vague when it comes to what a complex form or Sprite Power can or cannot do, Gms will always choose the most restrictive way to look at it.

Give Machine Sprites the ability to buff weapons, it's a combat perk to help TMs even the score when things get Dicey in meatland , they will still be behind the combat monsters in effectiveness because they cannot offset the penalties of getting ware unlike mages/adepts.

I like the steps taken with Pain Editor, it is starting an almost "Physadept" type TM tree, shaped by your Initiations.  More along those lines for those who want to overclock the meat.  This is close to the "Path of Neo" but as long as we don't have "Matrix Initiative as RL" we are fine.

An RL booster at a cost to Matrix Init/reaction while active may be a good idea.  It's a trade off, and should require the extra die of matrix initiative are a prereq.  You trade Matrix Dice (say max two) for RL dice.  It has clear costs, and clear gains.  Make it last X so long, not be dismissible, so it makes you choose to use it rather than it just being a no brainier.  Not sustained, as it has it's own duration.

Make the CF that Emulates Deck Programs be one CF, that or just make it so TMs can just Emulate Deck programs, as all they did before was give a small bonus to actions, now they are the only way to do some things, which I feel is against the intention of the game.

K.I.S.S:  TMs need three Primary (or A Choices) to even start off on marginal footing with a Decker, Stats due to MADs, Resonance because anything less than a 6 is shooting yourself in the foot with the way the mechanics are set, and skills because you will never have enough and you'll never get enough Karma to fix any of the things you did not focus on.  Mage-Adepts the most powerful things in the game, do not even need this much hoop jumping.

My solution to the OMGWTFBBQMADs:
Make the TM's biodeck rating be based soley on Resonance, not on their Stats, this removes one of the issues, while yes a TM will want High stats to be able to perform the tasks expected (second rate slicer), it should not be an imperative.

This puts them now on the same scale as the Decker, as Resonance is their "Money" stat at Start. Now they and the Decker share the same priority issues, and it's less of a worry.

Treat the Biodeck like a real deck, let them slot "programs" for it, they may choose (yes just choose) a number equal to resonance to be considered "active" and they can, like Deckers take the appropriate action to swap out. They Cannot, however use Agents, they may however drop a Sprite there instead, to serve in the same role.

Make the Biodeck scale with Resonance and when it would break the threshold of what Decks are able to do, give it other perks.  TMs are supposed to be scary shit, but by the rules they are a joke, they are hardly likely to survive using a CF against you, and they are Third Rate Deck Punchers.  Sprites and Dronomancy are their only options and GMs want to nerfbat sprites and Drones are better in the hand of Riggers.

I do not think the following is a good Idea:
The Path of Neo, lets just let Keauno Have his fun, and lets be original.

SoulGambit

• Omae
« Reply #203 on: <07-04-15/0548:06> »
So I realized that my last post may not have been the most helpful thing. This is going to be a bit of a wall of text, but I hope it strikes home.

I love Technomancers, and I think a lot of other people do to. I think the people who are the most jaded love them a whole lot. They are, in a way, a microcosm of everything that makes the Shadowrun universe what it is. They blend magic and technology, man and machine. From the moment they emerge they are no longer Johnny, Susy, and Sally. They are the Machine, they are a resource, they are the other. Feared and exploited, the Matrix doesn't ask these people who they are or what they want out of life, it Resonates the siren song and smothers them in the depths of its foundation. Sometimes being loved sucks, but there's still nothing better and more worth it than being loved.

Mechanically, Technomancers offer a puzzle. I suspect that a non-insignificant portion of the Shadowrun playerbase gains validation by obtaining, exorcising and demonstrating system mastery. Technomancers are in this wonderfully unique position where they are extremely difficult to build but iconic and useful enough that doing so is worth it. A lot of the jadedness I suspects comes from either those who tried to play a Technomancer and failed and those who (subconsciously or otherwise) use the jaded zeitgeist concerning Technomancers to feel more awesome for being able to make even that work. That isn't an inherently bad thing, but given the context of the thread that may be an unhelpful thing.

All that said to circle around to what, in the context of a wider playerbase, I feel added content regarding Technomancers should address.

Requested Design Goals
  • Greater Accessibility
    First and foremost, Technomancers need to stop being hardmode. A brand new player should be able to sit down with nothing but the Core Rule Book and this supplement and intuitively know how to make a par or better Technomancer. This doesn't necessarily mean that the Technomancer has to be dumbed down, but instead that the "proper" choices need to be intuitive and signaled. There's a lot of tips and tricks and ways to do this. Some pregenerated characters would also help this tremendously.

• Clarified Expectations
    Exactly what people expect when they sit down to create and play a Technomancer isn't consistent. Some people expect a decker that doesn't need tools. Some people expect a "Matrix Shaman" or a "Matrix Mage." Everyone seems to want the Technomancer to function well in meat on top of whatever they expect and wish the Technomancer had things to help them there to make up for the lack of 'ware. Expectations are just all over the place.

To an extent, that's fine. Catering to a diverse set of concepts and builds is something to strive for. However, because Technomancers lack discreet choices and all of their resources are synergistic, there is a mechanically-reinforced drive to be just "a Technomancer" and since fluff-wise you're supposed to "replace the Decker" in a normal line-up your party is going to have their own set of expectations on you. I would like to see what the Technomancer is and is not supposed to do made more apparent and for the Technomancer to have discreet choices that help nudge (particularly new) players towards certain playstyles, ideally without shoehorning them.

• Clarified Distinction from Deckers and Mages
    Right now the mechanical distinctions between Deckers, Mages, and Technomancers is a bit blurry. We know that Technomancers and Deckers are both supposed to deal with the Matrix. They need to do this in very distinct ways. How it should feel to be a Decker on a run and how it should feel to be a Technomancer on a run should be thought about and spelled out.

• Technomancers need more visceral satisfaction
    Make them feel like Gods, and they will worship you. Technomancers, at the moment, feel like high cost low impact. They should be high cost high impact. Make sure the entire game table feels it every (or at least a majority of the) time the Technomancer does something. This isn't about power, it's about impact and presentation. I'd actually recommend a difference in scope above a difference in power.
The Book I'd Like to See
Going to back up and talk a bit about the outline and presentation I'd like to see. I'm assuming that this book is going to follow a format similar to Data Trails and Chrome Flesh. I'm also going to assume it'll be about 120 pages, give or take. I could see as low as 80 and still doing this well.

• Introduction - Handshake text, maybe a brief blurb written from the perspective of a Technomancer, then chapter explinations.

• 5 Sample Characters - Immediately after the introduction, I'd like ten pages dedicated to five sample characters. Each character should come with a picture, a bio, a personality, and an accurate statblock using nothing but the Core Rule Book and this supplement. The character should be built well enough that you could take one, smudge the knowledge skills and fluff around, sit down at a Missions table, and everyone wouldn't immediately hate you. These are also going to be the "main characters" of your book. When you give specific stories of Technomancers, it should be about one of these five people. The builds should be varied, representative of very different "ways" to approach Technomancer from a thematic and mechanical sense. Lots of punch, readers should want to be one or more of these people.

• Chapter 1: Technomancers in the World, the Corporate and Security Spider Perspective - The goal of this chapter is to sell the reader on how absolutely awesome and amazing Technomancers are by painting an evocative picture of their place in the world.

Picture this. A global Matrix Security conference where the big wigs are rolling out new technology and tactics. Industry giants are holding panels. And, more pertinent, a large group of security spiders are talking about the "Technomancer Problem" and ways to deal with it. Do not gives Technomancers a voice here, everything should be from the viewpoint of some very angry and distraught security professionals. That said, you goal is ultimately to set those expectations and to sell the reader on how amazing and great Technomancers are. Give some specific examples using those pregenerated characters in the fluff, and for some of those examples include a sidebar that walks the reader what that particular event looked like at the table.

Sell sell sell. This is the Technomancer's time to shine. Lay it on thick. Include a few failures or times when Technomancers got captured or screwed up and what horrible things the corps did to them. It'll contrast the larger, mostly positive work and maybe demonstrate some pitfalls for players to avoid.

• Chapter 2: Technomancers vs Deckers vs Mages. Some Technomancer-only equipment. - The goal of this chapter is to distinguish what players should expect in-character and out of character when playing a Technomancer or having a Technomancer PC in their group. This is another chapter that should be mostly devoid of a Technomancer "voice." This needs to focus on what Technomancers look like to others, with just a sprinkling of Technomncers chiming in on what the experience feels like or (better yet) people chiming in with what Technomancers have reported the experience to feel like.

What are the roles of the Technomancer? Are they just a Decker replacement? Are they the Mage of the matrix? Are they something else entirely? Approach how a decker approaches a situation vs. how a Technomancer approaches a situation. Maybe for context, continue that whole Global Security Convention theme and have some corporations demonstrate some novahot new security measures by having Securiy Spiders and Security Technomancers both try and crack it. Maybe just have them talk about it, I don't know. Approach what a Technomancer can supply to the team out of the matrix and how they survive without 'ware in the meatspace. This is less about selling the reader and more about talking them and their table through objections. Do a sidebar about what themes that talks to GMs that potentially have a Technomancer player, how to make them feel cool and how to better incorporate them and their themes into your game.

The end of this chapter is where any new rules for hosts, IC, programs, and (Technomancer-only?) Equipment should go.

• Chapter 3: New Qualities, Complex Forms, Echos and Sprites - This is the crunch chapter. Open with Positive Qualities. Then Negative Qualities. Then Complex Forms. Then new Sprites. Then new Echos. Outside of characterizing individual choices, keep the fluff to the minimum. The reader should know, "This is where I go to look up most of my stuff." Regardless of size it should be self-contained in its own chapter.

• Chapter 4: Organizations, Streams, Paragons, Etc. - The goal of this chapter is to present the Technomancer's "side," demonstrate how Technomancers function with each other (and deckers) socially, different philasophical viewpoints, and to present the *discreet* mechanical choices a Technomancer can make.

This is where Technomancers should finally be given a voice. This can either be done by shifting contexts with a very nice transition, by a Technomancer panel at the conference, or through logs gained from interrogated Technomancers. You want to cover Organizations that contain, focus on, or are run by Technomancers as connections/plot-hooks, the different Streams, the different Paragons, and optionally include different Technomancer "Ways" similar to what Magic has. This is where a bulk of your accessability issues should be solved. There should be a pretty clear, "Pick this Stream and this Paragon and this Way and you're a Technoshaman and you rely on your Sprites" or "Pick this set of choices to focus more on Complex Forms," "Pick this series of choices to have a crappy living persona but buff decks you use." Or whatever.

You my want this chapter to come before the previous one. It really depends on whether you'll need to have read the other chapter to understand the options available in this chapter.

• Chapter 5: Resonance Realms, Wells, Submersion, etc. - Talk about Resonance, Resonance Realms, Resonance Wells, and all other fancy Resonance phenomina here. Technomancers should be the prominent voice, with the occasional person chiming in with how a non-Technomancer views the same phenomina. Expanded rules for Submersion and using Resonance Realms should be reprinted here. Deep Runs should be referenced with  "hey pick up Data Trails" pitch, but not reprinted.

• Chapter 6: Dissonance - This should largely be an ST chapter, similar to Toxic Mages. If there's not enough wordcount to do a whole chapter (likely), then put this as a smaller section within the previous chapter.

• Appendix: Charts - Summarize charts for everything. List of Complex Forms, lists of Sprites, lists of Steams and Paragons, lists of Echos. Include page and book numbers. Think what Chrome did.
« Last Edit: <07-04-15/0935:15> by SoulGambit »

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #204 on: <07-04-15/0935:11> »
It's been mentioned before by others, but I'll add my vote for having Streams, Paragons, and reducing the fading numbers a bit.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #205 on: <07-04-15/1808:01> »
Thanks for articulating design of a new text that I think so many would appreciate!

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #206 on: <07-04-15/1824:37> »
I've thought of something else that could help technomancers. All this talk of attributes and ability to hack things isn't really going to help them so much as being able to use the Matrix to empower his allies. Lemme explain.

In the game of shadow run there is three worlds meeting together. Matrix. Magic and Meat. Now one of these worlds is not like the others, one of these worlds is not the same. Which you might ask? Why Matrix of course! Not only is it unusually slow to do anything (It isn't, but the other two worlds move at the same speed as the matrix world, with actions that consume a smaller amount of a pass) but its  the only world any average joe can safely ignore, by just turning his wireless off.

Couple this with the Technomancer being the only one unable to augment his abilities in the meat world in a natural way (IE: Lopping off his arm and getting a super high agility gun arm, as Deckers Riggers and Street sams are more naturally inclined to do.) and you get a steaming pile of nothing very effective. Now there is some ideas of mitigating this by creating a CF that forces wireless on, or the like, but I think we could take this one step further, but in the other direction.

Allow the Technomancer the ability to buff his allies with more than a machine sprite. Who cares if the enemies wireless is off, if you can make it so that smartgun is now preforming at a much higher ability? Ideally, this should be something that is really Technomancer, but does have some small boosts to a decker's ability too. The reason being is that you could have teams that run more wireless, but not every single one of them is supported by a technomancer, though the technomancer can do it better than a decker.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #207 on: <07-06-15/0851:35> »
As Chrome Flesh has come out (and people are already looking anxiously at Rigger 5), thereīs something that needs to be addressed badly, especially for the TM Supplement:

Please, Please, Please dont shove another 50+ Pages of CFD Fluff in the Book. Contain it at minimum level.

Itīs a cool storyline, we get it. Itīs affecting everything, we get it. Its somehow Matrix-Technomancy-KI-related and even uses some of the mechanics, we get it. But please put that stuff in designated Plotline and Kampaign Sourcebooks.
« Last Edit: <07-06-15/0856:59> by Finstersang »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #208 on: <07-06-15/0858:45> »
Oh yeah totally. Lets see.. Books with Rules for CFD that I know of

Stolen Souls
Lockdown
Data Trails

And a lot of it is has been just copy pasta from the previous books.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

korusef

• Newb
« Reply #209 on: <07-06-15/0953:50> »
Some variation on these?
  • Echo that lets you reshuffle your Living Persona attributes, similar to deck reconfiguration.
  • Echo that lets you cannibalize cyberimplants into your living persona, giving you the benefits without lowering your Resonance. (Something to spend the otherwise useless money on.)
  • Echo that lets you reshuffle your attributes. (Probably broken as hell, but it will make TM more visible in the meat space.)