First, I love this! It is such a great GM resource
Now some feedback. I was reading the Montreal file, and really liked it for the most part. There were a few small areas where it looks like current status was copied forward, but where that doesnít make a lot of sense. (to re-iterate, in general this was excellent, but I thought I'd give feedback where I saw it)
- Via rail is a Canadian crown corporation, and would certainly have changed form in the SR timeline (for that matter would Quebec have maintained passenger train service out of the country during its isolationist period?). I could imagine Quebec having beefed up its internal rail links as make work projects and business for Bombardierís trains division, so there may be train service, but I think it should be different than it is now.
- Iím pretty sure that the name of the Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport would have been changed. For all that he was from Quebec, he was far from beloved of Quebec nationalists, so Iím pretty sure changing the airport name would have been one of the earlier acts of the Quebec Republic. Possibly re-named after Rene Levesque?
Media / Entertainment
- CBC and Radio-Canada would be long gone, they are a Canadian government owned corporation.
- I suspect that the English language newspapers would be gone, given the loss of most Anglophones with money and the language restrictions. For that matterónewspapers, really?
- There are a few other things (the botanical gardens, for example) where one might think that over the next 60 years, in a poor city, the status quo would not be maintained. Always up to the author, but I would have liked to have seen a few less carry-forwards, and a few more new things.