NEWS

Vulnerability Weakness

• 8 Replies

Stalag

• Newb
« on: <09-07-10/1111:35> »
Many critters and racial sub-types/variants list a weakness of "Vulnerability (material)" but I can't find the rules for this weakness listed anywhere.  I assume it a DV modifier of some sort but any details would be appreciated

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-07-10/1120:27> »
It's the same as the Allergy negative quality (SR4 20th, p94):

MildSymptoms are discomfiting and distracting. Apply a –2 dice pool modifier to all tests made while a character experiences the symptoms.
ModerateContact with the allergen produces intense pain. Apply a –4 dice pool modifier to all tests made while a character experiences the symptoms.
Increase the Damage Value of weapons made from this substance by +2 when used against the character.
SevereContact with the allergen results in actual physical damage. The character receives 1 box of damage for every minute he touches or remains exposed to the allergen. Apply a –4 dice pool modifier to all tests made while a character experiences the symptoms.
Increase the Damage Value of weapons made from this substance by +4 when used against the character.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-07-10/1206:01> »
Even the mild allergy can be bothersome.  Try an allergy to soy.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Stalag

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-07-10/1415:47> »
I don't think that's correct FastJack.

1: If it's the same as an allergy why not just call it an allergy?
2: Listings that specify a Vulnerability quality do not specify a degree (eg Mild)
3: One of the optional Vampire types actually specifies a Vulnerability instead of a Allergy:

"Amalanhig: A Filipino/Malaysian vampire with Vulnerability (Wood) instead of Allergy (Wood, Severe)."

Shadowwalker

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-10/1423:04> »
according to Running Wild p219 Vulnerability adds 2 the DV of an attack that use the material and that attack by passes Immunitys and regeneration and magic cannot heal the wound
stack that with an allergy and the critter is having a real bad day

Stalag

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-07-10/1424:08> »
Ah okay - thanks.  Haven't picked that book up yet  ;)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <09-07-10/1454:58> »
I'm going off what the SR4 20th anniversary book says (p298)

Allergy
Many critters suffer from an allergy to one or more substances or conditions. A critter with an Allergy suffers discomfort or damage when touched by the allergen. This weakness is rated similarly to the Allergy negative quality (p. 94).

I don't have my copy of Running wild with me right now, but that does sound nasty... ;)

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #7 on: <09-07-10/1830:35> »
according to Running Wild p219 Vulnerability adds 2 the DV of an attack that use the material and that attack by passes Immunitys and regeneration and magic cannot heal the wound
stack that with an allergy and the critter is having a real bad day

This is the correct way to use Vulnerability as far as I can find.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-08-10/0123:56> »
the running wild is indeed correct, it got dropped in editing for the companion