NEWS

Playing Missions at home

• 7 Replies

Ayslyn

• Newb
« on: <04-07-14/2159:55> »
So in preparation for GenCon, I convinced one of my friends to run Shadowrun Missions at home for us.   I just want to put together a full list of what we can get hold of to do so.

As I understand things, the following are available to home groups and can be used as Season 5 Missions adventures

SR 05-01 Chasin' the Wind
Sprawl Wilds
Firing Line

Is that correct at this point?

Also, have there been any updates on new missions being made available?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <04-08-14/0322:34> »
Correct. And no, unfortunately there haven't been any new missions available. Bull made a few posts on it two months ago, including noting he had dropped the ball and caused the delay. There's a few on the way, though we don't know when they will release.

Have fun, by the way, and make sure to check out what the GM rewards are for those two books (I'd consider rotating GMs, because these books, moreso than the pure-SR5 ones, kinda still have the massive-rewards-possible-on-good-negotiation-with-not-so-good-johnson-dicepools, which sucks when as a GM you only get 2 net hits.

Oh, and though we never did get an official statement on how karma would work with FL, I'd assume that max karma is calculated through the SR5 method, which puts Ashes (feel-good) on 8, Stormcrow Undone on 5 and the rest of 6. Then just subtract karma for failed objectives without a mutually exclusive obtained one.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <06-09-14/2033:08> »
Oh, and though we never did get an official statement on how karma would work with FL, I'd assume that max karma is calculated through the SR5 method, which puts Ashes (feel-good) on 8, Stormcrow Undone on 5 and the rest of 6. Then just subtract karma for failed objectives without a mutually exclusive obtained one. 

Could you clarify what the differences are between 4th & 5th for Karma rewards ?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <06-09-14/2152:22> »
Max Karma under 4th Ed was always 6 Karma.  Few missions offered less than 6.

Max under 5th is 9 Karma.  SOme Missions offer 7 or 8, though most are at 9.

Under both it was possible to earn less than max if you skipped or failed certain plot points or challenges.

martinchaen

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <06-10-14/1146:29> »
Max Karma under 4th Ed was always 6 Karma.  Few missions offered less than 6.

Max under 5th is 9 Karma.  SOme Missions offer 7 or 8, though most are at 9.

Under both it was possible to earn less than max if you skipped or failed certain plot points or challenges.

Okay, so its how the Missions are designed as opposed to a change in the karma section of the core books.

By the way is that Max for "Team" / "Plot" based Karma ?  And there is still more based on Roleplaying ?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <06-10-14/1313:21> »
Okay, so its how the Missions are designed as opposed to a change in the karma section of the core books.

A little of both, actually.  Season 4 and earlier were following patterns set down before I took over Missions, to keep things even with prior seasons throughout 4th Edition.  I probably would have bumped max Karma up a couple points otherwise, as I always felt the karma awards were a little low.

With 5th ed, we had the chance to  change things a bit more, and I had a lot of input on SR5, so we were able to have Missions more closely follow the official 5th ed award suggestions. 

By the way is that Max for "Team" / "Plot" based Karma ?  And there is still more based on Roleplaying ?

In Season 4, it was usually 3 Karma for completion/plot, and 1-3 awarded individually for roleplay, humor, etc at the GM's discretion.  So it was possible for some runners to earn 4 karma, while others earned 6.

SR5 doesn't have Roleplaying based Karma awards anymore (It's supposed to be factored into the payout, which we automatically factor in by having a higher than average payout compared to what the book suggests), so instead it ends up based on Survival, Objectives completed, and overall Mission Difficulty.  So all runners should always get the same amount of karma at the end of each run.
« Last Edit: <06-10-14/1319:19> by Bull »

Vertigo916 "Patches"

• Newb
  • Vertigo916 "Patches"
« Reply #7 on: <06-19-14/1440:20> »
Side note you may find this helpful though this thread is from April there are now 10 modules you can run outside conventions..

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17027.0
I trust the player, If I don't whats the point?