NEWS

A note on a Shadowrun movie

• 43 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <04-01-11/1053:12> »
Anyone who has visited the Shadowrun Facebook page recently may have seen several people spreading rumors about a Shadowrun movie. While I would love for there to be such a thing, I want to categorically state that there is no movie currently in the works. If people claim to have anything finished, such as a short film, then it is something I do not know about and was made without my knowledge, and it should not be considered official. Thank you.

Jason H.

EDIT: The movie has been uncovered! It's in two parts--part one and part two.
« Last Edit: <04-02-11/0055:23> by JM Hardy »
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <04-01-11/1055:51> »
I'm going to point out the date, and just how far we can trust Jason right now.   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-01-11/1445:37> »
I'm going to point out the date, and just how far we can trust Jason right now.   :P

Yeah..I checked the front page looking for this years joke...at first, was disappointed I didn't see one..this, though,
is clearly the joke...

April 1st..can't trust ANYONE

jdmclane

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-01-11/1624:18> »
I have to agree. The date being what it is and Mr. Hardy being who he is...LOL JK. sort of.  :-X. Seriously the man doth protest too much methinks. I myself have heard very little about anyone with cahones enough to try making a real "Shadowrun" movie. Knowing our luck it would be starring Keannu Reeves as Dunkelzahn! I shall investigate.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-01-11/1629:21> »
I have to agree. The date being what it is and Mr. Hardy being who he is...LOL JK. sort of.  :-X. Seriously the man doth protest too much methinks. I myself have heard very little about anyone with cahones enough to try making a real "Shadowrun" movie. Knowing our luck it would be starring Keannu Reeves as Dunkelzahn! I shall investigate.

Wait--"investigate"? What do you think you're going to come up with?

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

jdmclane

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-01-11/1635:20> »
Well its been only about 15-20 minutes and i must say that i "Andstay Orca-Ecetdcay" or i stand orrected for those of you who are not fluent in the swine-Latin. Poking about on the old intranet, i caught a blip that somewhere, someone, has indeed ventured to do just what they said...make a "Shadowrun" based movie. I'm sure its no feature, but it would be ineteresting to take a gander at it. I caught two areas that said they had stills but couldnt open them.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-01-11/1639:57> »
Are you sure you didn't just find the old FASA movie?

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

jdmclane

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <04-01-11/1648:31> »
 I love that clip! LOL. but no im not speaking of the wonderous 1990 promo vid. Actually the company named is called "Metranome Films"? anyone heard of this? i know you have mister Hardy since you did an interview with them a ways back but you never mentioned a film.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-01-11/1650:46> »
I love that clip! LOL. but no im not speaking of the wonderous 1990 promo vid. Actually the company named is called "Metranome Films"? anyone heard of this? i know you have mister Hardy since you did an interview with them a ways back but you never mentioned a film.

Oh no … Metranome?

Don't tell me you saw interview footage.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

jdmclane

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-01-11/1654:45> »
 ??? Well now i want to see footage with that kind of reaction. HAHA What was it for? Are you getting up some internet shadowrun video gunk? I want in!

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-01-11/1659:25> »
??? Well now i want to see footage with that kind of reaction. HAHA What was it for? Are you getting up some internet shadowrun video gunk? I want in!

They said something about wanting to make a movie, but some of the things they wanted to do were … problematic.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

jdmclane

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-01-11/1705:28> »
Why didint you say something before? Thats cool! Do they want to do a web-based thing? Sounds like they are name droppin you a bunch on this film they did. I may have found some of those stills at least.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <04-01-11/1706:36> »
Why didint you say something before? Thats cool! Do they want to do a web-based thing? Sounds like they are name droppin you a bunch on this film they did. I may have found some of those stills at least.

If they did something, I don't want them dropping my name in it!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <04-01-11/1726:37> »
Same type of creative problems that M$ had with Shadowrun?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

jdmclane

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <04-01-11/1729:05> »
http://movierumornewz.com - Movie Rumor News is a site dedicated to giving you the best and most recent news in the world of cinema. We mix in a few kick-ass trailers and and Top Five lists just to round it out.

- Saturday January 14th 2011

Hey movie junkies! Some of you may not know this but Shadowrun is a role-playing game set in a near-future      fictional universe in which cybernetics, magic and fantasy creatures co-exist. It combines genres of cyberpunk, urban fantasy and crime, with occasional elements of conspiracy fiction, horror, and detective fiction.

The original game has spawned a franchise with a card game, two miniature-based wargames, multiple video games, a series of novels, and music.[1] From its inception, it has remained among the most popular role-playing games. Now this table top nasement cramming game is to be made into a full length feature by an independent film company named "Metranome" films.

- FNR - So what made you decided to create a motion picture out of an old school RPG and why hasnt anyone done it befiore?

- Metranome - Thats funny that you say that. Some have tried and failed. there was a well known attempt at a "Promo" video in the 90's that sank RPG's back into the stone age with its failed cinematogarpahy and wooden acting. We thought it was about time to really liven it up. The big thing now is Comic Book movies and so we said...why not? nobody seems to bother with RPG's and many of them are much cooler than comics.

- FNR - Who was the leader in your venture?

MATRANOME - Well I would of course like to say myself...being the director. but we did an interview with Jasion Hardy, around christmas time 2010. He had become the new line producer of "Shadowrun" and he really gave us insight into what the movie, granted...any movie about "Shadowrun' should include. So he kind of sparked the fire that had ended up being what we have now. Look for it soon. The production was Hella-hectic but we got the talent and the money and really pushed the envelope.

-  -  - FNR- Film. News. & Rumors - 457-66