Addiction rules drive me crazy!

• 6 Replies

Highroller86

• Newb
« on: <02-06-16/1023:20> »
They really do!
I don't get it at all!
Let's take Jazz for example:
Every time i take said substance during (11-8) = 3 Weeks in a row?
So do i have to test when i pop the first dose, or at the end of that week? Or at the end of the last week? I dunno...
(Considering i only take ONE "emergency-dose" of Jazz because the cyber devil himself wants to have my hide)

So what i need to know is:
1.: When do i have to make the check?
2.: How many checks do i have to make?
3.: (For Jazz) If i use only one dose over the course of 3 weeks, would i be safe? (Not getting the addiction)

Many many thanks for your help!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <02-06-16/1408:33> »
Gmfunkytown has a youtube page called 'Critical Glitch' and he has covered addiction tests in one of his videos. I suggest you find and watch it! (He makes it sound easy).

Would link for you, but on a phone...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-06-16/1438:33> »
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNDl9QIt7I
and also the episode on how to get clean again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX6IeL6hvb4

But it's not that hard actually:

You take a drug, after 11-Addiction Rating weeks you have to make an addiction test. Every week you don't take the drug the test gets easier by one. If it reaches zero you pass the test automatically
Now if you do take the drug again before that the counter is reset and you have to make the test at the full or only slightly reduced threshold.

It's important to note that you have to make a check for every instance of taking a drug. It's just delayed by a few weeks.

Taking Jazz would therefore mean 11-8= 3 weeks= 21 days that you have to stay clean to not make an addiction test. If at day 15 after your last use, you take another hit, you now have to make a test at day 21 vs. the full Threshold of 3. If you had taken it at day 14 (and not again before day 21) you'd only made it against Threshold 2 since you stayed one week sober.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Highroller86

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-06-16/1457:57> »
Ah! I see... So i "could" use Jazz (or any other drug with a rating of 8 or lower) safely if it would be a one time only thing.

(Or at least not touching it for a while)

Thank you! :)

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-07-16/0159:07> »
maybe that youtuber can tackle the wireless

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <02-07-16/0354:00> »
maybe that youtuber can tackle the wireless

Drop him a Pm, he takes requests/ideas.
Just may take him a bit to get to it.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-07-16/0732:01> »
The only drugs that risk addiction from a single dose have addiction ratings and addiction thresholds high (heh!) enough that the threshold won't reset to 0 by the time the interval comes around.

Kamikaze, for example, has AR 9 and AT 3. You take one hit of it, and you have to make a test because the threshold is only reduced to 1 by the time 11-9 weeks have passed.