NEWS

Twenty-one classic sourcebooks available in print through DriveThru

• 15 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <07-27-11/2202:11> »
DriveThruRPG.com has a print on demand program, and they recently added twenty-one--count 'em--classic Shadowrun titles to the program. This means that you can get Shadowrun, First Edition in print, along with twenty other titles. Here's the full list:

Aztlan; Blood in the Boardroom; California Free State; Cannon Companion; Corporate Punishment; Corporate Security; Fields of Fire; Harlequin’s Back; Matrix; Mercurial; Missions; Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn’s Secrets; Predator and Prey; Renraku Arcology: Shutdown; Shadowrun Companion; Shadows of the Underworld; Shadowtech; Underworld Sourcebook; Target: UCAS; Threats

You can head over to http://www.shadowrun4.com in order to access that list with links to each title. Enjoy!
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <07-27-11/2203:54> »
I knew the PDF OOP market was being worked on, but this is exceptional!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <07-27-11/2221:46> »
The Prices are really decent too.  I'd be interested in seeing what the final product looks and feels like.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #3 on: <07-27-11/2228:26> »
Oh, that's awesome!

Of course, I own all those books, but it's still a cool deal! And the prices are outstanding.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <07-27-11/2235:45> »
Fields of Fire!!!

Now if only some of the Riggers books and Street Samurai Catolog was included, and I didn't have to deal with the fun of Canada Customs and their idiocy when it comes to...  Everything from the US...  I'd be ordering in a minute!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <07-27-11/2239:07> »
Those are some oldies but goodies, for sure.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Crash_00

« Reply #7 on: <07-29-11/0200:45> »
I've just got to ask, why Harlequin's Back and no Harlequin?

Are you guys working on getting more into print (I don't do the pdf only thing)? I would really like to get my hands on Harlequin, Queen Euphoria and maybe even Super Tuesday fresh off the press (memories and all that crap).

On an off topic note, are there any chances of ever getting any of these converted to fourth (I'm pretty sure that's a resounding no but one can always hope)?

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-29-11/1142:28> »
I've just got to ask, why Harlequin's Back and no Harlequin?

Are you guys working on getting more into print (I don't do the pdf only thing)? I would really like to get my hands on Harlequin, Queen Euphoria and maybe even Super Tuesday fresh off the press (memories and all that crap).

On an off topic note, are there any chances of ever getting any of these converted to fourth (I'm pretty sure that's a resounding no but one can always hope)?

First question: It's complicated. Part of it has to do with what raw material we have available, and what state it's in.

Second question: These are kind of a test, but if it goes well, we'd certainly look into doing more. It's good to know what people want to see, so thanks!

Third question: I hate to rule things out unequivocally, but I'd say there's very little chance that old adventures would be converted. The benefits would likely not be enough to compensate for the time needed to do it.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #9 on: <07-29-11/1530:31> »
Additionally, the 4th Edition rules are designed for a completely different world than the 1st Edition  ones. Wireless instead of wired. So it would be difficult to get a conversion that even really made sense. Those rules sets really don't even describe the same universe any more. The matrix alone is *way* too different between those eras for any kind of 1:1 conversion to be possible.

+1. I'd love to own a dead tree copy of Harlequin.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <07-29-11/1820:12> »
Now I want to work on Shadowrun 4th Edition:  2050.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <07-29-11/1926:27> »
That would be awesome, shadowrun 4th Era book. Detailing 2050, 60-64 time frame with current rules set.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #12 on: <07-29-11/2029:01> »
I toyed around with the idea a fair bit a while back.  Was considering running an SR campaign that started in 2050, and would operate on a slightly accelerated timeline, so we could play out old adventures and go through some of the early plots "as they happened". 

It was a pain. :)

But, doable.  Matrix isn't too hard.  Keep the same ruleset, just remove AR and require jacking in.  A few tweaks here and there (Color Codes equivelate to various system ratings, etc).

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <07-29-11/2053:10> »
Yeah, the hard part would be the Matrix, which was it's own minigame back in the earlier editions (And every other Cyberpunk game ever made.).  4th has done better than another other system I've seen yet.

Not saying it still doesn't need work, but then again, everything can be improved on.  Such is evolution.

The issue would be converting the old adventures, I think.  The fluff doesn't change, but the stats certainly do.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <07-30-11/0257:37> »
I'd be interested in seeing what the final product looks and feels like.

Same here. :)