NEWS

Take to the air with Unfriendly Skies--new PDF product released!

• 24 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <05-27-11/1714:41> »
Happy Memorial Day weekend to you Stateside folks, and happy weekend to everyone else! Our eBook crew has been hard at work, and as a result we have a new PDF book on sale--Unfriendly Skies is now available at the Battleshop and at Drivethrurpg. Here's the lowdown:

WINGS TO FLY

It’s a big world, and not all of the work that’s available is sitting right outside your front door. Sometimes you might need to hop across a country, across a continent, or across an ocean. Other times you might look to the air to find a way across a border that’s too tough to cross on the ground. And then there are the times you might need something in the air that can pack a much-needed punch.

Unfriendly Skies provides descriptions and game information for thirty-two aircraft, including the EuroWars-tested MiG-63, the slow but easy-to-overlook Skyswimmer, and the luxurious Platinum II. The book also includes information on the basics of air travel in 2073, including information on which paths you may or may not want to follow if you are trying to lay low.

Get your runners into the skies and moving fast with the options Unfriendly Skies provides. Unfriendly Skies is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <05-27-11/1722:32> »
*Sighs*  There goes the budget again...

Hm, weird, my Adobe won't let me see all of the preview.  Oh well.  I'll buy it when I wake up from my nap.

Ooooooooooooooo, "Euro-War Antiques"!  It's not just AK-97s any longer?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-27-11/1805:07> »
Had a brief look through, and I love it. Shadow talk, and one option for PC creation with a Glider for 19K and availability of 8 :) get a license and fly around Seattle till the GM gets tired of it and shoots me down :)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #3 on: <05-28-11/0021:01> »
*Drools* Flying Zoom-Zoom GOODNESS!!!

OK, without sounding too much like a fanboy...oh wait...Anyway, I love this idea. I'll have to download ASAP. I've always loved aircraft, and one of my favorite Riggers ended up with a tricked out Plutocrat that made a modern Apache look like a traffic-report chopper. Can't wait to see what is in this!

BTW, I remember from the old Rigger 3 book, in the back there was this delta/triangular shaped "attack" craft, anyone remember what it was and for anyone who has already read this product...is it in there and what is it's name?
« Last Edit: <05-28-11/0401:23> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <05-28-11/0112:47> »
I'm happy with my purchase.  :)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #5 on: <05-28-11/1047:46> »
Apparently the military ones still have the lack of clarity regarding weapon mounts and launch weapons as found back in Arsenal.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-28-11/1743:09> »
Apparently the military ones still have the lack of clarity regarding weapon mounts and launch weapons as found back in Arsenal.

Do what now? I saw a whole slew of weapon mounts listed in the standard packages for the military craft. Did you pick up the book, or are you passing along second-hand information?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Nexushound

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-29-11/0051:48> »
Oi Chums,

Good stuff in this one. All the PDF products have been great. With this and MilSpec Tech I have an unending stream of goodies to throw at my group. And they have something to dream about owning.
Matrix Access ID Spoofed
Encryption Keys Generated
Login
Enter Passcode
Biometric Scan Confirmed

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <05-29-11/0102:04> »
Grand Theft Vertical-Thrust Tank?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <05-29-11/0132:11> »
OK, gone through the e-book pretty good now.  Just have one question:  Will we ever see rules for Cargo?

It gets really important when the group does something like knock over the armory of a third-world nation in their Tilt-Wing and want to know how many crates of AK-97s and ammo they can steal.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #10 on: <05-29-11/0337:21> »
I have a dream, CanRay...  Someday, all vehicles and drones will include:  Sizes (Length, width, height, or at least a silhouette comparing it to a normal human), seating, and cargo.  These are all important pieces of information.  Dunno if we'll ever see it, but I can always hope and prod.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #11 on: <05-29-11/0542:19> »
And then one day, all children, of all metatypes will conduct 'runs togeather, and then we as a people will raid the promised land???

:o  ;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #12 on: <05-29-11/0808:25> »

Do what now? I saw a whole slew of weapon mounts listed in the standard packages for the military craft. Did you pick up the book, or are you passing along second-hand information?
Mostly that it is unclear how launch weapons and weapon mounts interact. Is it one weapon, one mount. And if so, are we talking reinforced mounts? If it is both, then those vehicles need a crapload of body (or some author handwaving) to get something that looks to have a sane loadout capacity.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <05-29-11/1156:50> »

Mostly that it is unclear how launch weapons and weapon mounts interact. Is it one weapon, one mount. And if so, are we talking reinforced mounts? If it is both, then those vehicles need a crapload of body (or some author handwaving) to get something that looks to have a sane loadout capacity.
Never really understood the confusion of weapon mounts. The details in Arsenal (p. 146-148) are pretty clear on how to determine weapon mounts and it's One Weapon/One Mount, just the cost of the mount differs based on the Size, Visibility, Flexibility and Control. Since Launch Weapons are almost always bigger than LMGs, they'd be reinforced mounts.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <05-29-11/1201:59> »
I have a dream, CanRay...  Someday, all vehicles and drones will include:  Sizes (Length, width, height, or at least a silhouette comparing it to a normal human), seating, and cargo.  These are all important pieces of information.  Dunno if we'll ever see it, but I can always hope and prod.
Start punching people in the neck like Jason's going to do if things don't happen with the novels during GenCon?  ;)  (I think that's what Jason said he'd do.  Or I suggested he do.  Or I put words into his mouth about doing.  Can't remember which right now, still working on my first tea of the day.).

I kid, I kid.

And then one day, all children, of all metatypes will conduct 'runs together, and then we as a people will raid the promised land???

:o  ;)
Well, we now have stats for the lift capacity for performing a raid on Jerusalem.  But, honestly, what is there to steal that's worth the expenditure of fuel?  :P

Anyhow, Shadowrunning is the most Equal Opportunity Occupation ever created.  Metatypes and Non-Metahuman Sentients of all walks of life are welcome.

Well, as welcome as anyone is in an occupation full of anti-social borderline sociopathic neo-@s who shoot people in the face for money...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11