Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

SR5: 2 MECHANICS ON ACTIVE SOFTS

(1/3) > >>

Mollari:
Question: Active Softs
Active Soft: p442 CRB Master Index Edition (if that changes anything)
The quote is: "Activesofts: Activesofts replace physical active skills, basically every Active skill that isn’t based on Magic or Resonance."
Now I believe one of three possibilities exist here.

1) The harshest interpretation is that the term "physical active skills" refers to the "Physical Active Skills" on p133 CRB. The four categories of skills (excluding magic/resonance) are Combat Active Skills, Physical Active Skills, Technical Skills and Vehicle Skills.
Now if RAW suggests this, then you cannot use skilljack/wires and activesofts for any combat skills etc. This is rather limiting.

2) The use of the term "Physical" in active skills (of which all 4(5) types of skills are considered active in comparison to knowledge and language skills) refers to the dichotomy between the Physical and the Astral/Resonance realms. This would then follow the "...basically every Active Skill that isn't based on Magic or Resonance." comment. BTW this is the version I support, though I'd like the opinions of my fellow shadowrunners (and Michael Chandra's opinion if you're reading, good sir).

3) It's a typo/teams didn't communicate with each other when writing/GOD and all the DemiGods only know

Thanks for the consideration and I welcome all opinions

p.s I'm playing a character who runs most of his skills off wires, so this would drastically change my build lol.

fseperent:
#2 is the right interpretation.

Mollari:
On further investigation, the skillsofts appear to be copied form the SR4 rather closely, however they left some stuff off.

SR4: CRB p332
"Activesofts: Activesofts replicate skills that require physical activity,
including all Combat, Physical, Social, Technical, and Vehicle
skills (but not Magic or Resonance skills)."

So from SR4 - SR5 they used the phrase "physical activity" to "physical active", possibly not realising the limitations it put on the game.
SR4 also explicitly included the Combat , Social, Technical and Vehicle skills. I don't believe SR5 intended to change the scope and function.

忍:
"Editing"

Kiirnodel:
It could also be referring to active skills that are linked to physical attributes. Or can only be used for active skills that are used for physical actions (so no Cybercombat Active Softs while you're jumped in to VR).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version