NEWS

[SR5] (Forward) porting Horrors to 5ed

• 15 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <12-04-17/1704:46> »
Hi all,

I was skimming through the content of the Horrors guide book for Eathdawn (2, 3ed ?) and I was wondering if someone has either try to stats'em for SR5 ? Since Forbidden Arcana are more/less made legit to bring back them in the game, it would be nice to have some well though set of stats for some of those abominations..

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #1 on: <12-04-17/1857:22> »
I converted a few for 4th edition, biggest problem being there powers, just have to house rule some of effects or reskin critter or spirit powers.
« Last Edit: <12-04-17/1859:48> by Prime Mover »
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <12-04-17/1859:11> »
Stats for Crawlers and Gum Toads in second Harleaquin pretty easy to convert those.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-04-17/2150:06> »
Stats for Crawlers and Gum Toads in second Harleaquin pretty easy to convert those.

SR5 stats for Crawlers and Gum Toads are in Aetherology (p.34-35).

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-05-17/0351:24> »
Oh cool for the Crawler and Gum Toad, I did forgot about those being in Aetherology.  Thanks for the reminder!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <12-05-17/0520:46> »
I'll admit to wanting to see the stats for Verjigorm...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <12-05-17/1519:12> »
SR5 stats for Crawlers and Gum Toads are in Aetherology (p.34-35).
[/quote]

I was gonna say I thought they'd been converted already but wasn't sure if was just dreaming that or not. 

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #7 on: <12-18-17/0543:53> »
I'll admit to wanting to see the stats for Verjigorm...

"He plays with you; then you die.  But you don't actually, you just thought you did ... for a moment.  Because the anguish of realizing that you didn't is tasty too ..."
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-28-17/1315:38> »
^^^
This!  ;D

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <12-28-17/1328:59> »
The physical based horrors wouldn't be too bad to stat, but the big bads --- I'd suggest using them as plot points and 'the power behind' the throne types. I've always viewed their power levels as off the charts.
I mean dragons aren't....overly fond of them and make an effort to get out of their way. ;D

Also throw in the idea of horror marks and corrupted astral space - nasty stuff!

There are a couple of books you can do some comparisons if you want though - Their was a 1st edition Earthdawn 'Dragons' book that you can still find online - it was in the works when FASA shut down and they released to the community in pdf. I think it has some stats -- then their is the 1st edition Earthdawn 'Horrors' book, I believe it has stats as well. You could get a power comparison between those two if you find copies and then take a look at SR5 Dragons and make some estimates.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-30-17/2125:06> »
Since SR is in no way ready for the nastiest of the Horrors to make it across ... I wouldn't use them at all.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #11 on: <01-02-18/0813:19> »
Since SR is in no way ready for the nastiest of the Horrors to make it across ... I wouldn't use them at all.

Since allowing the Horrors to cross into the 6th World would make a mockery of a particular sacrifice someone made, I support this completely.

I'm being deliberately circumspect here for any newer arrivals to the game.  I'm sure the rest of the old timers are perfectly aware to whom I refer.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-02-18/0913:31> »
To be fair, the self sacrifice you are mentioning was just supposed to delay their coming... and lot of crap of happen since then that could accelerate again their approach. But my original question was not to pushed a horror on the 6th World and have my runners gun at it, but more to have an idea on how to potentially uses them, while on a deep astral travel - maybe when battling to prevent a bridge to be repaired ? :)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <01-02-18/1946:22> »
From recent work, it seems that you would have to fight to destroy a bridge, not to prevent its repair; if you have to do the latter, well, see the Dragonheart trilogy for what you might have to have at hand.

Overall, I would read 'Worlds Without End', as well as the short story where Harlequin is drunk and a cloaked figure (Yrsgrathe, I think, but I don't recall) comes to him and taunts him.  Most lower Horrors want instant gratification; most higher Horrors weave deep- and long-range webs of intrigue, deceit, and mayhem to further their goals - which are, essentially, to achieve complete, total, and eternal dominance over the Name-Giver races.

So if you're looking at how to do this, think a blend of the long-term planning of the Immortal Elves and Great Dragons, and blend in the eagerness of humans and orks to seize an opportune moment.

Or, you know, just channel Captain Jack Sparrow.
Pananagutan & End/Line

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-03-18/0444:11> »
:o

You are sooooo right - if Jack Sparrow is in fact Harlequin, all those movies makes sense !!!! :)