Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

Moral dilemmas

(1/2) > >>

brasso:
Hi guys - does anyone know of any good premade adventures which have decent moral issues in them? If not a published adventure, then a quick outline is fine. I'm just looking to challenge the murder hobo mentality :)

Reaver:
Moral choices are fairly easy to put into your game, and if you look close almost ALL published adventures have some moral choice involved. Even if it's just "To be a Dick, or a decent human being".

Tracking and wetwork jobs are good for this. No one cares if the players wack a mobster for cash. What about a mother of 3 whose only crime is she missed church once 7 years ago??
(Now why is there a hit on her?? Maybe her brother is a douchebag that owes the Mob a ton of money?? Mob wacks the sister. "Real sorry your Sis is dead. How many kids she got? 3? Wow. Shame is something happened to one of them... about that money you owe...")

My GM put us on a run that if we completed would have meant hundreds of dead kids if we completed it...

Extorsion and blackmail are also good choices for this type of material.

Kwai:
Divided Assets ( if they care about kids) : Elven Blood charts differently moralled paths (somewhat like a Bioware rpg) - most adventures have moral issues if you choose to see it that way (and if you find a way to convince murder hobo players to not be murder hobos, I am all ears).

brasso:
Thanks guys, I'm not really trying to convince my players of anything really, just to kind of hold up a mirror so they can see just how awful they are! Sometimes it's fun to play the bad guys, and that's cool, but I'm just trying to anchor them as characters in the campaign setting. After all, even hitmen must love their mum!

I've seen some published adventures with some decisions in, such as who to sell the scandalous data to, but mostly they seem to be "hired gun" type adventures.

I guess I'm not really wanting them to be outright hired to murder an old lady (they'd probably enjoy it!), but maybe learn as they go that they need to kill a valued contact's mum, maybe because she's a witness to their crimes. From there, it's just how far they'll go to finish the deal, maybe even have to torture her for information (who have you told?)  etc

I'm ok to write something, but I just wondered if there were any classic examples from the Shadowrun history books :)

brasso:
I'll check out Divided Assets, looks interesting :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version