NEWS

Sensor targeting

• 4 Replies

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« on: <11-01-17/2118:32> »
  I was looking at the rules on page 184 of the main book and was wondering if sensor targeting only applies to remote controlled mounted weapons or any mounted weapon. As written the rules state 'A character can use the vehicle’s Sensor Attribute to help with Gunnery' I assume this to mean the gunnery skill must be used but am only coming to the conclusion because Gunnery is capitalized so...kinda thin reasoning.

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-02-17/1203:20> »
Sensor targeting can be applied to anything fired via sensor observation. A drone firing it's own weapons is no different from a rigger firing via remote or jumped in (for this purpose obviously each has different skills/DPs involved).  All 3 are using the drone's sensor input as their point of view, and can use senor targeting as a result.

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-03-17/0054:27> »
Could I, for example, put a sensor in a piece headgear (like glasses) so that a player could get a target lock with personal weapons??

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-03-17/0341:28> »
I believe that is called a Smartlink. Sensor aided weapon fire is definitely meant to be used with Gunnery.

Based on the situations described (Passive vs. Active Targetting), both very explicitly use vehicle sensors and are meant to simulate using those sensors to aid with vehicle-mounted weapon attacks.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #4 on: <11-04-17/1449:45> »
I believe that is called a Smartlink. Sensor aided weapon fire is definitely meant to be used with Gunnery.

Based on the situations described (Passive vs. Active Targetting), both very explicitly use vehicle sensors and are meant to simulate using those sensors to aid with vehicle-mounted weapon attacks.

Yes, that is a smartlink.

A smartlink takes input from a sensor mounted on a weapon, combines that with data from the matrix (like windspeed, humidity, etc), your own personal biological system. (Heartrate, breath pattern, hand temors) and outputs to your eye the correct weapon placement to connect the bullet to the intended target.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.